Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: If you were going to do a 944 3.0L turbo, who would you have do it???
Lindsey Racing
24.59%
Powerhaus
1.64%
SFR
6.56%
944 Ehancement
22.95%
John Milledge
26.23%
John Mitchell (England/Crate Motor)
3.28%
Under Pressure Performance (Area 951?)
14.75%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

3.0L Turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good guy. Very knowledgable.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent an email to CEP and got a response in no time. I sent an additional message around 9 o'clock and got another reply. That is pretty amazing, on the weekend during a holiday. That is impressive. I like what I heard. I am going to call Dave tomorrow and investigate more.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:34 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will not be disappointed. Good choice. He can help you with EFI and Turbo's.

Ask and you shall receive.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:18 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Just had to add my 2¢...

My Lindsey Racing 2.8 has over 5000 miles on it with no problems or catastrophic failures.

Still haven't made it to the dyno yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

I think that you are the guy that Mike mentioned when I was talking with him. Still working out the details. From what I can tell here, Lindsey will build a reliable motor with good power. Only thing, and I mean really one of the only things that makes me hesitant is the fact that he told me he was not doing the work on the car if I drop it off, that he was sending the work to a shop down the road that he was still trying to work the kinks out with. Other than that, he is great to speak with and very knowledgeable. He is right up there with the people that I am considering. Great website with him also.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Hmmm????
Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

What? He told you he will send it out and you are still considering sending it to him??? Because he has a good website???

Dude WTF???? This has to be a joke. You are kidding right? Since when does having a good website count for anything other than wasting time on the internet???
Old 11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

On Lindsey Racing...

Wes, formerly the LR mechanic is no longer working at LR. Instead of hiring a new mechanic and going through the pains and mistakes of training him/her for 944 Turbo work, LR is trying out using a local and very very reputable Porsche shop to do their customer wrenching. This shop has been working on Porsches and only Porsches since I can remember and has a reputation that adds resale value to a Porsche that has been maintained by them. As I understand the agreement they do the wrenching, LR does the motor building, and LR guarantees the work.

As a local Porsche owner that has used this same shop to maintain every Porsche I've owned I think it is great for LR, the shop, AND the LR customer. This is the same shop that caught my bearings going south just as the silver was starting to wear off and I was able to stop driving it before it spun or threw anything! In fact, my car is there now getting some electrical gremlins chased down.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:57 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Chris, relax. I have not sent him the car yet. It is actually the main reason that I did not send it to him in the first place. I can't completely knock them as I don't know them. He did tell me that there has been some growing pains so far and that it is still in the beta test phase. Yes, I would consider sending if I knew that Lindsey was building the engine but someone else was removing and installing it and making all the connections. If they are so busy with things they must be doing something right. Mike still does all the calibrations to the car also.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:06 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

That is what I understand they are doing...Mike does the build and the shop does the removal and install.

As I understand it LR is offering this service as a lot of owners do not have the luxury of a good local Porsche mechanic to do the pull and install and LR doesn't have enough in-house work to keep a top mechanic on staff full-time. And like I posted earlier, the shop LR is setting up with is top notch.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Not true, he has setup a shop on the west coast. All is well .

http://www.jmengines.com/index.htm

Raj

Actually it is true. All he has done is change his address on the site. He does not have a shop at the moment and probablely will not. He is retired. This comes from John.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I spoke to him recently as well and he is still providing products and services. To what degree, I don't know..
Raj
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

When John was here last month to support a friend of mine at a club race I was able to talk to him again about his plans. He said he feels he is semi retired. He still has a shop to work out of on the east coast and said he will fly back and forth to support his customers and build new engines from that shop. He will take on very few new projects, mostly just current customer support but still sell parts. What a nice guy to talk to.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally Posted by Landjet
He still has a shop to work out of on the east coast
I know!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 AM
TurboTim
Banned

SFR is like last in line for engine building according to this poll.We are even behind a guy who is retired,moved 3000 miles away from his shopdoesnt have a shop in his new location and doesnt take any new work in!!!!!!!!! What the hell is that about? LOL!!!! Even though we have built over 250 motors for BMWs, Supras, Skylines, 350s,G35s,WRX/STI's, Porsches(four and six cyl) and a few others I cant think of. And forget the fact that we have been featured is numerous magazines for our engine and car building expertise. We are at the bottom of the list. Ok......Just so you guys know we can sleeve blocks, knife-edge, grind and polish cranks, dynamic balance, line bore, magnaflux, heat treat,cryo treat,thermal coat,etc...........When we put a motor together we use a bore gauge and mic(instead of plastigauge) to check clearances, check end play,etc....... and do it the right way. I will post some pics of our clean room when I get a chance. And best of all, if you bring us your car, we will install the motor. We wont send it out for someone else to do.We will do it ourselves.Just an FYI

Last edited by TurboTim; 11-30-2007 at 03:39 AM.

Quick Reply: 3.0L Turbo project