Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap anyone?

928 T (T = Turbine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdpgE4nf0xU
Old 05-21-2008, 11:52 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Next PCA autocross is this Sunday, May 25 (Memorial Day Weekend).
It is part of the 2008 PCA Zonefest going on that weekend in Mt Dora, but you can just attend the autocross for the usual $25 (includes lunch). Pre-registration is available at www.clubregistration.net. Probably will be several more people in attendance than a normal FLC event day, but that also means there should be a wide variety of cars on hand.

+ The following weekend is the Cars & Coffee meet in Lk. Mary Saturday May 31st:
Old 05-21-2008, 12:16 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Well I was supposed to be away that weekend but my wife's canceled plans, because her mother is extremely ill... -Was supposed to fly to Florence and drive through southern Europe, but that's all postponed for now.

So I'm not certain, but I might make it to the auto-cross, depending of course on how things are with the mom-in-law...

Keith
Old 05-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Opeth
Pro

Thumbs up

Im planning on hitting the PCA concours on Saturday AM in Mt Dora, anyone else? Was thinking of the autocross but Im it may be a zoo...
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Keef, sad you had to cancel you anniversary trip. Realizing circumstances are not ideal, it would still be cool to see you out there Sunday.

If you didn't get the PCA Zonefest email, here is something you may find of interest. Vic Elford will be a special guest during Zonefest including the autocross.
Victor Henry Elford has been at the forefront of top-line Porsche racing.*His achievements are legendary, including:
•the first to successfully rally the 911
•the first Porsche driver to win the Daytona 24 Hours (thereby beginning a legacy for Porsche in Florida)
pioneering the famed 917 racecars
•first to drive Le Mans at over 150 mph in the 917 Long Tail

He has also raced successfully for other makes in World Championship Rallies, Formula 1, and CAN-AM; *-- ten times running multiple series in the same year.*He was a close associate of Jim Hall in the early 1970s and assisted in ushering in ground effects with the leading edge Chaparral racecars.**

Vic has long been a significant ambassador for Porsche and holds many close friendships in and around Porsche. More recently Vic founded the Porsche Driving Experience in North America and has written several books including Reflections on a Golden Era in Motorsports and the recently released 2nd Edition, Porsche Performance Driving Handbook.
A typical FLC Autocross event draws anywhere from 30-40 drivers (we had 44 drivers at the April event btw). If Zonefest is really a major draw, I might expect to see around 60 drivers. Which is very manageable, especially compared to a typical MSCC event with one hundred drivers, heck we had eighty-seven this past Sunday and it felt like the place was empty! My guess is we'll each still get at least eight runs Sunday if not the usual 10.

Remember how much fun you had last time...eh?!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
eshane
Instructor

I'll be there both days. Cab on Saturday and Turbo on Sunday
Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Opeth
Pro

Lightbulb

How was the autocross? I went to the concours on Saturday AM... I was REALLY dissappointed with the turnout. The last years was way better.

Also whats the story with the black 911turbo by the culde sac... had 345's in back ?!?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Autocross was fun. Had a large turn out, not sure of the count but guessing it was close to 60 drivers. We had four competition runs and close to an hour of fun-runs. Course was interesting, I personally drove like an idiot, going off course on my first and fourth runs . There is a guy that keeps showing up to the PCA events and taking pics, I am hoping to get him to post them, Chip did you snap any pics? I was too busy working when I was not driving.

From what I heard there were a few key people that had committed to help plan and run the Zonefest event that either had to step aside or just plain did not take care of what they responsible for, leaving only a couple people scrambling to keep the event alive, so the few organizers I talked to were painfully aware of the short comings of this years event, they are hoping to learn from this and improve future Zonefest events.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM
eshane
Instructor

Yup, they're not great put I'll post them tonight. Had a great time, finally beginning to learn that smooth is fast. BTW, stock suspension leans too much (duh)
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
eshane
Instructor

Default Florida region 12 zonefest AutoX

Photos from Sundays AutoX. Run group 1 only. I was working during run group 2, and driving in 3
Attached Images         
Old 05-28-2008, 04:55 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool pictures Chip!
On Saturday I was doing a Poker Run with the CFBMW club, and we took a route through the Clearmont / Taveres area. While going through there a bunch of us from the bmw club passed by oncoming Porsches and I was wondering what was going on. Only saw 1 red 944 though!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Nice to see a few pic from last Sunday, even got my car in that last shot thanks Chip!

Reminder: Orlando Cars and Coffee meet is this Saturday morning (tomorrow!). anyone (else) going?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:38 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

It was an amazing inaugural event, 100+ cars, including over 50 Porsche's out of which there was only one 951 (& not a single 944?!)!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Shhhh!-Keep it quiet!

-With so many awesome cars, Bentley, Ferrari, Aston-Martin, and row upon row of luvverly Porsches, it does my ego a power of good to say that I undisputedly had the best-looking 951/944 there!

Keef
Old 06-08-2008, 08:14 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw some pictures from the cars + coffee meet, I couldnt believe the turnout!

I'm going to try to make the next one for sure!

And... by the end of the year I'll be joining the '944's with boost' club...!

Quick Reply: Central FL GTG????