Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Murcia

How much rwhp did you make with that set up?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:32 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by rberry951
Yes, not a problem at all.

Regards,
Russell
Thanks - PM sent
Old 07-27-2007, 02:40 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently some people have been having issues with paypal checkout. It won't take the credit card info if the expiration date is after 2010. I have no idea why, it'a paypal. So, I signed up for Google Checkout, and on the bottom of the Scivision order page you now have the option of using Google Checkout to process your credit card order. I hope this clears up some people's issues.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-29-2007, 04:14 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Russell, have you got the units in yet?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:51 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by danny951
Nope, 10 units will be shipped to me this week. It's funny, over the past two months at least 25 people have come to me asking where they could get the Scivision, hence my decision to carry it. So I get it, and so far only one person has bought one. I guess I should have given more notice of the promotion. Regardless of how long it takes to sell them, the promotion will remain in effect until 15 units are sold.

Regards,
Russell
Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
wwinton
Instructor

Hi Russell, I am interested in this Scivision kit, have you done any chips for Australian cars? I only ask because I have been told our fuel here is not as good as U.S and European stuff. I am lead to believe our 98 Ron is about as good as your 91 octane, and 98 is basically the best we can get at the pump.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by wwinton
Hi Russell, I am interested in this Scivision kit, have you done any chips for Australian cars? I only ask because I have been told our fuel here is not as good as U.S and European stuff. I am lead to believe our 98 Ron is about as good as your 91 octane, and 98 is basically the best we can get at the pump.
Hi wwinton,

I have done chips for Aussies, but they have been very custom. There are chips in many cars in the states that only have 91 octane available doing fine, but I have also seen some issues with cars in Arizona where they have a high ethanol blend, so it's hard to say. But the way I work is if the chip you get is not right for you car/environment, then I'll gladly send you another. If you have a wideband and can log and provide some basic feedback on how the chip works with your fuel I can certainly compensate for it. I really don't recommend using the FQS for the timing retard because it scales back timing across the board and kills your low end power. Yes, 2 degrees makes a noticable difference. If your gas is really low quality, I can adjust your fuel/timing so that the car will run properly there without the sacrifice of low end torque, and won't send your EGTs through the roof under boost.

Regards,
Russell
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 AM
wwinton
Instructor

Thanks Russell,
I don't have a wideband, I have found out our cars are running rich at dyno days, but I guess thats better than being lean! We have one fuel here with 10% ethanol, but I stay away from it. I imagine a chip designed for 91-94 octane fuel to run 15-16psi would be a good starting place. Do you have the Scivision MAF's in stock now?
Regards,
Wayne
Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

The Scivision MAFs were sent to me last week, I expect them any day now.

Indeed, running a bit rich is better than running lean, but if you're running really rich (10's or below) for an extended period of time you'll eventually score your cylinders. A proper AFR is best. I shoot for 11.5-11.8 under boost. Prior to boost it can climb to 12.5, that will actually help spoolup with the proper timing. But once boost begins, nothing over 12.0.

Regards,
Russell
Old 08-15-2007, 02:25 AM
wwinton
Instructor

With the other Aussie chips you have done, have any of those started off running rich initially? Yes mine and a friends cars are in the high 10's with other US designed chips.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:06 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by danny951
They arrived yesterday. So it takes about two weeks to get them here. More will be on the way soon.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
thewitchdokta
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the kit looks good. I've been on the lookout for an easy MAF solution. This looks like the ticket with the chips. As i understand you do not do trade ins on chips? Also, where abouts are you located, b/c if i could go down there and get the kit i could dodge some hefty taxes.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by thewitchdokta
the kit looks good. I've been on the lookout for an easy MAF solution. This looks like the ticket with the chips. As i understand you do not do trade ins on chips? Also, where abouts are you located, b/c if i could go down there and get the kit i could dodge some hefty taxes.
No, I do not do chip trade ins. Only Lindsey Racing does that, and I'm not sure if they are even still doing that or not. I am located about 20 miles SW of Albany, NY in the Catskill mountains. I'm always up for a drive to go meet up with a fellow enthusiast, maybe there's some place in the middle between us we could meet.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: MAXhpkit - US distributor of Scivision MAF (RL Promotion)