Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 04:20 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

And still a little girl waits for the video...
Old 08-04-2007, 04:36 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Under Pressure Performance
A.WAYNE, 95ONE,
I am not green to these cars
slight understatement there
Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Acetylene
Pro

Old 08-04-2007, 05:18 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lart951
check this out

plus tms was on slicks. Tool trapped over 120mph , if I was tms I would have said, I was lucky to cross the line first, key word "LUCKY"

the tools's car is faster no doubt with proper tires and a "REAL" driver behind the wheel the outcome would have been different, I personally knew the tool was going to fail at the 1/4 mile by seen the way he took off on that video of his launch.
Luis,

There is nothing worse than telling a man with a performance car that he can't drive.
I have never seen ST drive but a few have made negative comments about his driving. Is Tool out of shape? To be a good competition driver you have to be in shape physically and mentally. The exception are the old time drivers like Fittipaldi Snr, Stirling Moss, Lauda, Derick Bell who have such experience they can fall back on. This still counts for nothing on a quarter mile though. You have to be fit, alert and know your powerbands so you don't bog out and the other side, you DONT SPIN your wheels excessively.
Yes Slicks may have helped. However if his wheels were spinning that much maybe his right foot was a bit heavy? Only Tool knows
ST this is not a pop at you mate. As I said I haven't seen you drive and driving is such an emotive subject I wouldn't pass comment in a public forum
Good luck to both of you on the rematch
Old 08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by NZ951
And still a little girl waits for the video...

There really isn't any video footage is there?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:36 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tommo951
Luis,

There is nothing worse than telling a man with a performance car that he can't drive.
I have never seen ST drive but a few have made negative comments about his driving. Is Tool out of shape? To be a good competition driver you have to be in shape physically and mentally. The exception are the old time drivers like Fittipaldi Snr, Stirling Moss, Lauda, Derick Bell who have such experience they can fall back on. This still counts for nothing on a quarter mile though. You have to be fit, alert and know your powerbands so you don't bog out and the other side, you DONT SPIN your wheels excessively.
Yes Slicks may have helped. However if his wheels were spinning that much maybe his right foot was a bit heavy? Only Tool knows
ST this is not a pop at you mate. As I said I haven't seen you drive and driving is such an emotive subject I wouldn't pass comment in a public forum
Good luck to both of you on the rematch

Tool is one of the best engine techs of his time, he is a wrencher, a builder a innovattive car guy but not a driver, according to what i heard from a guy that was present at the race, tool's was spinning his wheels all the way to 4th gear. Tool's has been building racing cars since his early 20's (key word "building")

Originally Posted by tommo951
Luis,

Now in regards to that statement, maybe in the old continent is another story but here in the land of the fast and the furious there is a lot of rich guys that own exotics and can't drive for crap, so having a fast car doesn't mean you can drive, I on the other hand would have leave shumaker on the dust but I wasn't destined to be a race driver.

I drove my first car at age 8 when I stole my dad's fiat 850cc back in 1968.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Tms951
Pro

Omg, the little champion is upset, dude you didn't win s%$t, are you for real. So I guess in your narrow little mind you won,

You crossed the line first 9 miles per hour slower,

Plus you were on slicks freaking cheater.
I can't believe I am even going to dignify this with a response, but I guess I don't have the self restraint.

#1 I crossed the finish line first, I won. This is not my narrow mind this is drag racing.

#2 Dragracing is not a contest of speed it is a timed event. A 12.2sec@115mph is better than a 13sec@122mph.

#3 Because a tire is an r-compound does not make it a slick. The tires I was on were a DOT lega,l real tread depth and pattern, radial tire that I use as my every day street tire.

#4 Useing these tires was not cheating, there was no agreement to run a certain tire. It gave me a slight edge agaist a car that is lighter than mine, running more boost, higher octane and making 150whp more than mine.

#5 I am not upset I am pissed. Tool and I went out and raced each other in good fun and shared it with the community. I enjoyed meeting tool and I am looking forward to racing him again. But you come on here and say a bunch of dumb ****, deny the facts, and gerneraly talk **** about and put down other people.

check this out

plus tms was on slicks. Tool trapped over 120mph , if I was tms I would have said, I was lucky to cross the line first, key word "LUCKY"

the tools's car is faster no doubt with proper tires and a "REAL" driver behind the wheel the outcome would have been different, I personally knew the tool was going to fail at the 1/4 mile by seen the way he took off on that video of his launch.
This was not a compatition between two cars, it was about driver skill as well, thats what makes it a "Race". Luck had nothing to do with it, I had a good idea of what I was dealing with in terms of oposing driver and car befor I offered and accepted to race. I didn't get lucky, I knew what I was getting into and I knew what I was doing. If you want to compare the two cars we have both posted all the info you need to do that, there is no reason for us to go race to compare the cars.

Tool is one of the best engine techs of his time, he is a wrencher, a builder a innovattive car guy but not a driver, according to what i heard from a guy that was present at the race, tool's was spinning his wheels all the way to 4th gear. Tool's has been building racing cars since his early 20's (key word "building")
I'm sorry you have got to be kidding, nothing against tool but I don't think even he would agree with that statement. To my knowledge he did not do any of the machine work or design on his engine like head work or grinding the cam. Nor did he do any of the fab or design work on things like his intake or headers. He is an enthusiast who has picked out some good product from different venders and put together an engine that makes good power for what he started with. I think the most acurate statement about tool you make is that he is a "wrencher" and an enthusiast.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:33 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tms951
I can't believe I am even going to dignify this with a response, but I guess I don't have the self restraint.

#1 I crossed the finish line first, I won. This is not my narrow mind this is drag racing.

#2 Dragracing is not a contest of speed it is a timed event. A 12.2sec@115mph is better than a 13sec@122mph.

#3 Because a tire is an r-compound does not make it a slick. The tires I was on were a DOT lega,l real tread depth and pattern, radial tire that I use as my every day street tire.

#4 Useing these tires was not cheating, there was no agreement to run a certain tire. It gave me a slight edge agaist a car that is lighter than mine, running more boost, higher octane and making 150whp more than mine.

#5 I am not upset I am pissed. Tool and I went out and raced each other in good fun and shared it with the community. I enjoyed meeting tool and I am looking forward to racing him again. But you come on here and say a bunch of dumb ****, deny the facts, and gerneraly talk **** about and put down other people.

This was not a compatition between two cars, it was about driver skill as well, thats what makes it a "Race". Luck had nothing to do with it, I had a good idea of what I was dealing with in terms of oposing driver and car befor I offered and accepted to race. I didn't get lucky, I knew what I was getting into and I knew what I was doing. If you want to compare the two cars we have both posted all the info you need to do that, there is no reason for us to go race to compare the cars.

I'm sorry you have got to be kidding, nothing against tool but I don't think even he would agree with that statement. To my knowledge he did not do any of the machine work or design on his engine like head work or grinding the cam. Nor did he do any of the fab or design work on things like his intake or headers. He is an enthusiast who has picked out some good product from different venders and put together an engine that makes good power for what he started with. I think the most acurate statement about tool you make is that he is a "wrencher" and an enthusiast.

I cant agree with you there, TMS.

I have built 5 (FIVE) engines for my car - in the quest for more power.
I have made decisions on whose products to use based on specs.
Some have been good some **** - then you have vendors who refuse to give you what you want.
I have overcome problems in the 951 engine (that I don't reveal) that some vendors don't even know what the **** I am talking about or no real experience with it.

The bottom line is - this is MY engine.

And I not out of shape, but I have been saying for years on here that I am no quaterback driver, but I am not afraid to try for the first time and not do too well my first time in front of everyone.
So the wise among you will consider this more proof of my honesty in my postings.

I have been wrenching on formula cars for 20 years, and I beginning to have a pretty good grip on the 951 engine - it has taken me a while - they are not easy.
And I am still telling you guys that you ain't seen NOTHING yet.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tms951

OKAY, SEñORITA you won
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

O the drama! I'd wager that tool has WAY more up his sleeve than he's ever revealed. Might we be about to witness 800whp? ...heck who even knows what's next. I'll tell you all one thing: from that video on youtube, I think that engine sounds like its built for a lot more than 600whp once he starts pushing the boost! And if you remember the last dyno chart he posted, it looked like he shut it down well before it was ready to quit making power. I think we're about to be very surprised!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

...And Congrats to TMS! people here don't seem to realize that pushing any import into the low 12s is quite an accomplishment. Best of luck to both of you on the rematch!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
special tool
Banned

And please no more arguing on this thread.
I don't want it closed by a moderator when it should really become the official 944 drag-race thread.
It has over 20,000 hits in just a few weeks and it has my name in the title and that's just great for my ego.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by special tool
And please no more arguing on this thread.
I don't want it closed by a moderator when it should really become the official 944 drag-race thread.
It has over 20,000 hits in just a few weeks and it has my name in the title and that's just great for my ego.

Didn't I tell you not to race in the 1/4 mile strip, but you don't listen.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:13 PM
944CS
Drifting

tool, since you have it set up for road racing, do you/are you ever going to DE the car?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
special tool
Banned

Didn't I tell you not to race in the 1/4 mile strip, but you don't listen.

Yea, but it was still fun.
Obviously my car is not biased for the 1/4.
From a roll of about 60 MPH, its pretty quick, however.

I just want to see how fast a top-end 951 will go in the 1/4.

Quick Reply: Calling out Special Tool, 1/4 mile race