Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1000 rwhp anyone?

Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kasturbo
LOL...he said JME too.....I just spit my lunch out....I love this board! I think he just asked Wendy's to take their meat to McDonalds for them to cook them a hamburger. Get a farkin clue people.....
You know, I was looking for some sort of metaphor to work there, but I couldn't think of anything too clever. Now that you posted, I'm glad I didn't try to come up with one, yours is priceless.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
It's really as simple as this, AFAIK, not a single person on this thread or in the 951 world (except supposedly Scott Gomes, who knows without dyno sheets or some kind of proof) has ever built a 944/951/968 motor to the level of horsepower we're talking about here. So in that regard, everyone's all talk 'til we see some numbers. Get over yourselves. Make fun of the Japanese car community all some of you want to but, a street 951 has yet to even break 600whp, let alone a full on dyno queen motor making 1000whp(that we know of). Just FYI but, there are several models of Japanese 4 cylinders that have surpassed the 1000whp mark back in the late 80's and early 90's. I honestly wonder how many here have actually stepped outside of Rennlist and checked out what other communities have accomplished. Everyone just chill out, and have a little humility because 1000whp is coming about 2 decades too late. How about seeing something from someone else's perspective. Coming from other car communities that have accomplished a whole hell of a lot more, it gets pretty damn old hanging around a group that can't look down on those other communities enough. I've actually grown to hate this community in some ways because of the arrogance. Jesus. I decided to quit my project and will likely sell my 951 (as much as I love it) because the closed-minded attitude around here drives me nuts. No wonder not much has progressed in this community after a few decades.

David, I'm glad someone is trying to push the limits. I wish you the best of luck. Some of my opinions may differ a bit from yours but, that's what makes cars interesting. After speaking with you in the past, it sounds like you certainly have the skills to get the job done.

Oh, NZ951, actually the Gt42r&Gt42rs were the basis for the HKS T51r KAI & SPL (SPL being similar to the 42rs). They are a similar size frame and the wheels are also similar in size, although HKS' are of course proprietary and a bit different. The Gt45 series has significantly larger wheels!
bawahhh ahahahahahaha

selling your 951 project becuase of this community. Get real - you simply are not motivated or dedicated enough to get it done. People that live on forums need to learn to live in the real world. Why would you care about some forum? get a grip

Half of what you post belongs in the import forums.
No problem there - lots of forums for lots of interest - point being this is a porsche forum. If you want to focus on imports go to an import forum... but don't get your panties all twisted because 944 enthusiest don't give a **** about your import interests.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Tms951
Pro

Originally Posted by kasturbo
LOL...he said JME too.....I just spit my lunch out....I love this board! I think he just asked Wendy's to take their meat to McDonalds for them to cook them a hamburger. Get a farkin clue people.....
Well then it would be fantastic if you could say something constructive and educate me. Why can dave do better headwork and what is his experience? Or if that is too difficult maybe you can just stick to spitting your food everywhere and not bother posting snide comments. I don't know where to get a clue so why don't you give me one.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
bawahhh ahahahahahaha

selling your 951 project becuase of this community. Get real - you simply are not motivated or dedicated enough to get it done. People that live on forums need to learn to live in the real world. Why would you care about some forum? get a grip

Half of what you post belongs in the import forums.
No problem there - lots of forums for lots of interest - point being this is a porsche forum. If you want to focus on imports go to an import forum... but don't get your panties all twisted because 944 enthusiest don't give a **** about your import interests.
and I thought I was bad, anyway if Porschephile wants to get rid of his car I can buy it and part it out.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Please understand the 951 community are not building drag racers , if they where into drag racing they would have exceeded , there current standard numbers along time ago..

All the cars you have listed have poor driving characteristics , Yes they make big power , but are useless for anything other than drag racing . try taking your gt42 equipped monster for a lap at Sebring. you are comparing apple and oranges...

Yeah well, talking 600-1000whp is dyno queen and drag racer power levels. You can't possibly believe that much power would be useful for much else.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah well, talking 600-1000whp is dyno queen and drag racer power levels. You can't possibly believe that much power would be useful for much else.
I'd gear it for high speed and go hit those ORR events.. Let me know if you need a navigator for the 1000hp 951!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tms951
Well then it would be fantastic if you could say something constructive and educate me. Why can dave do better headwork and what is his experience? Or if that is too difficult maybe you can just stick to spitting your food everywhere and not bother posting snide comments. I don't know where to get a clue so why don't you give me one.
Sorry I didn't mean to be snide...ok I did, but anyway do you realize you just asked someone that makes their living as an engine builder to farm out there engine needs to their two biggest competitors. Experience or not, who it their right mind would do that.

Because you are too lazy to do research here is Dave's website: http://customengineeredperformance.com/index.html
Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes , that is why it is unusual , 600-700 is usable on the track , 1000 could be a problem , no gt 42 here , there are 951 with over 530 whp currently running in PCA .
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Everyone just chill out, and have a little humility because 1000whp is coming about 2 decades too late. How about seeing something from someone else's perspective. Coming from other car communities that have accomplished a whole hell of a lot more, it gets pretty damn old hanging around a group that can't look down on those other communities enough. I've actually grown to hate this community in some ways because of the arrogance. Jesus. I decided to quit my project and will likely sell my 951 (as much as I love it) because the closed-minded attitude around here drives me nuts. No wonder not much has progressed in this community after a few decades.
I'm thinking that Drifto and yourself are the ones who should be taking your own advice regarding humility. All we get from either of you is a "we know better than you morons" type of response - especially from Drifto. On top of it neither of you has done anything of consequence in the community to further what is being done here. You are selling your car for what reason again? Can't get it going? Drifto owns a 944 N/A and gives everyone attitude like he's god's gift to 951 owners. Both of you talk a good game but have yet to produce anything signifigant other than to criticize anyone for doing something to their cars (Vitesse, evil, etc.) And the really funny thing is that all these guys have actually produced results while you quit before even starting. Here's a suggestion - instead of telling us how great it is in other parts of the car world how about you keep your car, get it running and actually show us what can be done.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Solo racer.

Now lets get back to what this was all about. I'm really interested in this and I do understand what is been done here.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:21 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Originally Posted by lart951
and I thought I was bad, anyway if Porschephile wants to get rid of his car I can buy it and part it out.
Lart: Sweeter still....buy his car and get it running. He's already proven that it can be parted out. *lol*
Old 05-08-2007, 05:09 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Lart: Sweeter still....buy his car and get it running. He's already proven that it can be parted out. *lol*
rolfmao.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Dave:

After I get settled into the new digs, mind if I stop by?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:45 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
Dave:

After I get settled into the new digs, mind if I stop by?
No problem Michelle, give me a call sometime, did you move?

All,

I think it would be best to start a new thread, as this one was ruined. Feel free to keep up the nonsense. I do want to thank the people that have supported this and thanks for all the nice pm's.

In the new thead, I will post more info on the build.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Dave,

I wish you luck and look forward to reading more on how it all turns out. What would be nice is if there was a feature that allowed the thread starter to delete responses that polluted their thread.

Erik

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1000 rwhp anyone?