Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Engine Sabotage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
introuble
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Sabotage?

I am not one for making waves but I came across some very disturbing facts. My engine is being totally rebuilt by a shop that I trust and they have a great reputation. While they were pulling apart the engine they noticed that there was a rubber seal blocking the oil supply to the center main thrust bearing. The way that its placed over the hole is even and perfect. I wish that I could post the pics so you could see it. There is no way that this could have been there other than someone doing it themsellves. The machist and the shop both agree that this is sabotage and so do I.

The car was recently down in AZ for some extensive work which included taking out the oil pan and replacing some of the engine seals and rod bearings. I am the second owner of my car (my brother in law was the first) so I know this shop in AZ was the first one to access this part of the motor. As a result of this my crank shaft is completely scored and might be the result of all the recent problems to my car. I am glad this is finally being taken care of and I can have a solid motor, it just sucks when something like this happens and a company in the Porsche community can do something like this.

Maybe someone can PM me and I can send them the pictures to give a much better idea of what I am talking about.

Last edited by introuble; 04-10-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:13 PM
pozican
Racer

I agree, had someone drop some bolts in my transaxle recently. I'm out a transaxle, and in the world where they are getting more and more rare, it really pisses me off
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The easy thing to do is not **** people off! It sucks to hear about cases like these but I have never met a mechanic who is out to screw people for no reason at all...
Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Scary!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by pozican
I agree, had someone drop some bolts in my transaxle recently. I'm out a transaxle, and in the world where they are getting more and more rare, it really pisses me off
How does somebody 'drop' a bolt into a transaxle?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM
ittia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mark944turbo
........I have never met a mechanic who is out to screw people for no reason at all...
You need to go to the DC area then because that is the status quo there.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:49 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark944turbo
The easy thing to do is not **** people off! It sucks to hear about cases like these but I have never met a mechanic who is out to screw people for no reason at all...

This is correct.

There is no motive, in fact, the mechanic would have to be insane to intentionally do this.

The only concievable motive would be a soon-to-quit, disgruntled employee with misguided anger.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by pozican
I can have a 1987 944 turbo tranny shipped to you all under $ 700.00
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

My mechanic of 10 years moved to Ohio, I am in search of a good mechanic in the Los Angeles area.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
My mechanic of 10 years moved to Ohio, I am in search of a good mechanic in the Los Angeles area.
I hear Danno's still around.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM
special tool
Banned

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaah
Old 04-10-2007, 08:37 PM
nitehawk951
Rennlist Member

There is no motive, in fact, the mechanic would have to be insane to intentionally do this. - special tool

Special tool, I'm disappointed in you, usually you make great points but I must totally disagree with you here. This is the motive $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That being said, trust me, some, not all do this. Do you think they did it out of anger? Or do you think that they knew the owner and the car and said "ya know what, this guy is a local and he will come back to us if anything is wrong", which means he will take it back to those who caused the problem. And Mark, are you kidding? Its a business and you shouldnt treat a customer like that, no matter how much they **** you off, then that makes you an *******. And lose my business.
Pozican are you serious? How did you find out they did it? Did you drain the gear oil and have bolts come out? sucks man. You will find a tranny, lart will help u.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
jyoon
Burning Brakes

why don't you guys who have been sabatoged divulge the name of these shops so it won't happen to others.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 AM
reno928s
Pro

I've seen it first hand. An ex-friend mechanic once put the injectors from a BMW to a car battery. The poor sucker (injector) kept pulsing at a hundred miles an hour until it was over. Plus I can give you five places in NJ that are complete rip off artists with positive proof that they are scammers. I just don't know if they would allow me to post it.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew a guy who worked at an oil change place, he found out the car owner was gay, so he filled the new oil filter with glass cleaner and installed it... never changed the old oil out of the car, and didn't top it off from the oil it lost on the old filter... it happens for no reason, and it ain't rightt.

Quick Reply: Engine Sabotage?