Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Standalone EMS...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:26 PM
nize
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wolf system works with any sensors, not just GM. user's choice.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:10 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I really want to do the MSII on my 928. I had a MSnE with EDIS stuff, but I sold it when some plans changed. Now I think I may want to get back into it. I may get the car going on the stock LH before I do, but its tempting to dive right back into a full solution.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
It is hard to compete with Mega- squirt , TOYS R US usually discounts them and there is one on every corner

love all the low level hype , with this unreliable , no support stuff, a lot of dis- information on this . would love to see one of these toy R's us system somewhere , the dyno , track something PLeeeeeaseee enough banter , disconnect it from the internet as i would like to see the mushroom cloud
Nice to read comments like this from someone thats never even seen or used the system. Please, teach me more.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nize
i'm curious why somebody hasn't made a turn-key megasquirt for the 951 community.
Everyone is doing different things with theirs so far. And the point of MS isnt really to make a turnkey/plug and play system.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:11 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DanG
Nice to read comments like this from someone thats never even seen or used the system. Please, teach me more.
DanG

No, please teach me! I would love to see this system in action , maybe on the dyno , or the race track , i mean you name it . there is enough rennlisters in CA to see it in action, show us it's 3 Dim ability to map boost , or how accurate your igntion is by moving the timing 2 degrees and have it showup on a timing light , i mean the little things , like reliabilty , how often does the software crashes, how often are you online seeking software help.

based on your comments it beats everything else hands down. so with all the MS talk it is time for someone to putup or shutup and stop all this ridiculous comparisons to Motec etc..as horse's for course's
you like the system fine , it works for you fine and i'm sure you are happy with it , but your outtake is mis-leading to others who really do not understand the smoke and mirrors deal being thrown at them .

Theedge is right and there is not enough demand to make it worth while , the focus is on the newer cars ..
alexE that is off the charts , good work ...
respect!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:17 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is hard to compete with Mega- squirt , TOYS R US usually discounts them and there is one on every corner

love all the low level hype , with this unreliable , no support stuff, a lot of dis- information on this . would love to see one of these toy R's us system somewhere , the dyno , track something PLeeeeeaseee enough banter , disconnect it from the internet as i would like to see the mushroom cloud
You could... You know... Do a google search for the many cars out there running it, including 800+ HP twin turbo monsters....

Or you could spout off some mental diarrhea with nothing to back it. Whatever works for you and all

Edit: At the end of the day MS isnt intended for people who have no interest in figuring out the nuts and bolts of things. Its goal isnt to be a dirt cheap plug and play system that requires zero thought and a call to support when something doesnt work. MegaSquirt isnt trying to be the AOL of the engine management world (I am not taking a shot at systems that do have support like TEC3, etc, simply pointing out that people with serious cases of head-sphcinter interaction tend to think MS wants to be like AOL). MS is targetted at the advanced people who want things that many EMS's dont have, who want to be involved in the nuts and bolts, who want a very capable, expandable, affordable system and are willing to read and learn, etc.

Hence its support system of forums and reading and third party sellers works fairly well *for people willing to read and figure things out*. If youre going to knock it for not having support, then its not aimed at you and were just going to laugh at and call you a word that has a I at the front, T at the end, and a D in the middle somewhere for attempting to make fun of it for that.

And before you spout off with the next typical statement that comes up about time being worth something, ill point out that I have yet to send myself a bill for my time for my hobbies. Anyone who uses that BS excuse/reason/etc when relating to hobbies obviously doesnt get the point of having a hobby in the first place.

So in response to your generally useless post, go do a few searches and youll find plenty. None of us MS guys are going to bother posting anymore links for you because to be honest, your attitude has already proved that its a complete waste of our time to attempt to educate you more than we already have. If someone with an actual genuine interest asks, we'll be more than happy.

If you have an actual interest in MS (id be less shocked if the sky turned Guards Red....), read some of the threads here and feel free to ask questions that are sans the attitude of a 6 year old who isnt getting his way and the whole lot of us will be quite happy to answer them (including myself).

Other than that please dont puck this thread up anymore than you already have. Grow the hell up for crying out loud.

Last edited by theedge; 03-23-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:21 AM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

DanG

No, please teach me! I would love to see this system in action , maybe on the dyno , or the race track , i mean you name it . there is enough rennlisters in CA to see it in action, show us it's 3 Dim ability to map boost , or how accurate your igntion is by moving the timing 2 degrees and have it showup on a timing light , i mean the little things , like reliabilty , how often does the software crashes, how often are you online seeking software help.

based on your comments it beats everything else hands down. so with all the MS talk it is time for someone to putup or shutup and stop all this ridiculous comparisons to Motec etc..as horse's for course's
you like the system fine , it works for you fine and i'm sure you are happy with it , but your outtake is mis-leading to others who really do not understand the smoke and mirrors deal being thrown at them .

Theedge is right and there is not enough demand to make it worth while , the focus is on the newer cars ..
alexE that is off the charts , good work ...
respect!
Ah, empty attitude. I remember this now. Useless comments that add no merit or substance. Wonderful.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:11 AM
nize
Banned

in computer comparison;
megasquirt = linux
most/all others = windows
Old 03-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nize
in computer comparison;
megasquirt = linux
most/all others = windows
And tell me what operating systems are used more often in servers: Linux based or Windows Server? Yes, you guessed it, NOT Windows.

MS is not for guys who don't know and/or don't want to know about the "brain" of the car.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem validating claims with dyno or race proven results. I'll have some very shortly with an MS powered Volvo 740 turbo I'm building for a 13 hour endurance race. The 951 project is stalled at this point due to "geographical differences" (its 3k miles away) but I should have wrenches swinging sometime in the next few months.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:11 PM
AlexE
Pro

I must agree wholeheartedly with Edge.

If you are curious A.Wayne I have a dyno sheet in the early stages of tuning my vehicle posted in my above links. It is running full MS2 Ignition/Fuel.

The car now purrs like a kitten, starts better than OEM, warms up 10x faster, excellent throttle response, develops 7 psi revving at idle...... I could go on and on in comparing it to the stock motronic.

If you are looking for numbers........ my early dyno runs I managed to run 315 rwhp and 320lbft at 16 psi and I am no 'tuner' by any stretch of the imagination.

The next dyno run is scheduled for next month. I have no doubt that the numbers will rival any other stand alone system available.

? I have not managed to crash MS yet ! and I have tried !!!!.......but if it does.......I have my propeller hat on just in case..........

P.S....... this is my daily driver.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:10 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I'd also like to add that I'm using MS2 for fueling in my car. It's running better than stock just like Alex's. There are some minor complaints like hot starts, but overall I'm one happy customer.

We are also working on a plug and play system that I'll be putting in my n/a 944. I'd like to do a back to back dyno comparison by the end of summer.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Theegit

all the same garbage , Your hobby must be to watch ignorance grow,
yeah , yeah , i will build this , give me a few more years i,m going to do that wait till i grow a dick ,I will show yah
all the same ask a question get rhetoric. ask for proof more rhetoric ,then the personal attacks Ms is not like Linux Ms is a description of you bumpheads you all have MS.
You come on here promoting the merits of MS , i ask for proof ,bam rhetoric , again , not suprised , clown !
Always from the same location too , you guys need to get a life, Put up or shut up show me your POS with 400 + whp with an MS , capable of runnning for more than 30 seconds or STFU..... and stop putting down the other systems as you have nothing , as usual

danG , thanks for a sensible response , i would love to see more of what is being done with this and the end results, it would help in evaluating the system , for those of us who have no contact with MS ..

Justin L and alexE your countrymen could learn alot from you , speak to them

Last edited by A.Wayne; 03-23-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

AlexE, Justin L.

i went thru your links , good work and it was easy to follow your progress , i also was able to see the dyno sheet. i will wait until you say the programming is done for comment. you and JustinL now have something tangible unlike the other talkers , must say that you have not done anything that others with upgraded ECU 's have not accomplished, much less stand alone systems.

Interesting on the knock sensor setup and how you went about adjusting it . Good work
Old 03-24-2007, 04:58 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know what? I do want an ems that I won't have to tune or tweek or one that is very user friendly so that I may learn at least. Even though i don't want to do it. I just want a system that's affordable, and will make my car run perfectly at any altitude, adjust to all air and fuel requirements automatically. I'm at the point where with my upgrades, I'm looking at over 600 to the wheels and it's the only way I'm going to get there(ems). I just don't want it to cost me an arm and a leg.

Quick Reply: Standalone EMS...?