Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ok so i bought a ZT-2 (now what?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ok so i bought a ZT-2 (now what?)

someone recommended the zt-2 af monitor for my turbo, and they told me hey they are for sale at 279 right now! So i jumped online and bought one for 279- but guess what- it doesnt come with a gauge or readout so.... do i need to buy the zt2 gauge or another a/f gauge-i thought for some reason when it said- comes w/ air fuel meter- that meant something to tell you what your readings were- i guess not! I guess i'll order another 150 worth of stuff.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they offer 2 versions. 1.) LCD display (most common) $399 for whole package. 2.)they "had" an a/f ratio readout display, but it looks like it is no longer available....... It'll cost you another $150 for the LCD display....

But get this instead, this look awesome.....

Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

that gauge is not available until feb. - The instructions read like blueprints- anyone have experience hooking one of these buggers up that can translate to english? I guess i'll have to get the LCD display, the digital a/f readout or just hook up the laptop...

Last edited by xsboost90; 01-09-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:32 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xsboost90
someone recommended the zt-2 af monitor for my turbo, and they told me hey they are for sale at 279 right now! So i jumped online and bought one for 279- but guess what- it doesnt come with a gauge or readout so.... do i need to buy the zt2 gauge or another a/f gauge-i thought for some reason when it said- comes w/ air fuel meter- that meant something to tell you what your readings were- i guess not! I guess i'll order another 150 worth of stuff.

The most valuable asset to the zt2 is the ability to datalog (WOT record).
You can do this now - directly onto your laptop.
This is what I use on mine.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

ordered LCD black anodized screen- i can always borrow the wifes laptop but she may get testy.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
philcav7
Racer

Anyone know how much that new gauge is going to cost? I didn't see a price listed on the website, only the red LED ($75) was shown.

This system would seem like an ideal choice for me.

Is there a serial to USB adapter available that will work with this? My laptops only have USB.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

not sure- it says not available until feb- i asked them by email how much but they didnt say just that there are several choices available.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:37 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

that gauge is not available until feb. - The instructions read like blueprints- anyone have experience hooking one of these buggers up that can translate to english? I guess i'll have to get the LCD display, the digital a/f readout or just hook up the laptop...
Talk to ST, and listen to him. We both used the ZT-2 for datalogging on his car and my old one. We both ran the VR MAF and Chips; monitored the A/F, PSI, EGTs, RPM. It is aswesome, if you have some of these features. The of the best I've seen. Very easy to use with the graphic interface too.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

yeah im almost tempted to get the boost and egt kit and ditch my autometer- but it looks so cool wedged in the cubby!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah im almost tempted to get the boost and egt kit and ditch my autometer- but it looks so cool wedged in the cubby!
Do what is best for you, or, get both. You can see the boost guage when you drive and the EGT too. But I would focus more on the road. That's why I'm saying that for datalogging purposes, it is best to have these options with the ZT-2 so you can use a laptop when you drive and log it, or better yet, have someone do it for you. You can monitor everything. I loved that ZT-2 unit and am getting another one, with every bell and whistle.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

yeah true- hard to see that little thing while driving! Im new to this tuning stuff so i'll be able to log all kinds of info- just not sure what i'll do with it yet!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:02 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah true- hard to see that little thing while driving! Im new to this tuning stuff so i'll be able to log all kinds of info- just not sure what i'll do with it yet!
Send a PM to ST.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:10 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best way to tune shy of a Dyno is to ride shotgun w/ a friend drving on very long, very empty roads where you can specify throttle loads and tune on the fly w/ a laptop. Otherwise, you need to make a pull starting at lower throttle loads, record data, stop, analyse data, make change, repeat.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:43 AM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

You could put it in an a-pillar pod. My EBC in the cubby has boost readout as well, but I still like having an analog gauge up where I can see it. I haven't decided on what to put in the other hole yet, maybe oil temp? Right now there is a narrow band guage sitting in there. If your interested, Sam and I still have the pod from the parts car.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:16 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

eh - hard to find a maroon gauge pod but i never really liked them that much anyway- i like the hidden look myself- i'll figure out something sneaky. The trouble i have w/ tuning isnt as much what the car needs but how to fix it- the TUNING part- i could say "oh ok its lean up top, throw some injectors in there or something" and then be rich everywhere else" thats about as far as it goes w/o an adjustable fpr or something. Im actually better w/ carburators than w/ fuel injection when it comes to tuning- they have jets and cool ***** and screws to turn.

Quick Reply: ok so i bought a ZT-2 (now what?)