Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Official Gulf Porsche 944 GTR Turbo Project Thread **Pics Updated Today Jan 5**

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:30 AM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell Guns,
I'd like to wear those every day. My hearing is so screwed I need all the help I can get. I think it was from racing those Hondas for all those years.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:31 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guns951
I plan on enjoying the sweet music more than everyone else, but after some time the sheer properties of it will damage both myself and my wife. I don't care too much on how people think I look - in fact the headsets would reaffirm the fact I'm driving a car that's all go regardless of show.
Good for you pal. Everyone is here behind you, your car, and the event itself too. What you are doing with the car is fantastic, and it is sweet music to my ears and a lot of people in the Rennlist community too! Here is a pair of heatsets for you while you drive. And Daigo, that's a good one!

Old 01-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Guns951
Race Car

I did, but I addressed Porschephile as I'm not mechanically or mathematically versed enough nor do I have enough experience in dealing with the motors on these cars to have a rebuttle to your post. I'm just sharing what I'm doing which is on subject in his thread. I was trying to contribute to something that backs up his post. We don't agree on much, but that doesn't mean i'm not civil to him. Read what I wrote (check the thread) and tear it apart if you want I don't care.

Alright, you know what? I've had it with your ****. I'm doing this thread for the good of the community and posting up on stuff that hasn't been covered before except on motors worth $65k and its all speculation etc. Its people like you that make me say screw this place and not want to document anything.

How many 951s have you seen go from stock to a GTR replica with removable single piece front end here? How many ITB builds have you seen in the archives for people to look at and consider? How many cars around here run 335s in the rear and can testify to how they handle the output of the 3 liter from Mr. White? How many street cars have you seen on here that have dual oil coolers and a radiator that fills the front end? How many of these cars are run on the street? How about fixed slider windows with review on usage and how they hold up etc? What about wing setups on the street? Top speed runs etc?

You need to take your honda loving *** to another forum or another thread because I, as the author of this thread do not want or need your comments here.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:15 AM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Guns,
I've been following this thread since its inception and I'm really enjoying the creativity of your project. I wish I could do something similar. Don't let drifto**** get to you.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Thanks smac951, that's why i'm doing this - so if someone else wants to they can see what i did and maybe do something different if they want to. Plus I know everyone loves to see projects take shape!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:17 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Guns, I can't wait until you get more pics up! I LOVE what you're doing to your car! I think that the widebody conversion is a little extreme for some people, but it really looks great if you're doing it right (and you are doing it PERFECTLY!) Keep it up, and I can't wait to see what the finished car looks like! I plan on eventually getting another 951 and making it into a monster, too!

-Darwin
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Thanks Darwin, I talked to Robert the upholstry guy and the door panels should be done sometime next week.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
it might be a certain 80's sports car that now resides next to my Nissan.
Hmmm, let me guess...is it a black trans am with the gold eagle on the hood?
Old 01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ FBODY YO!!!!111!!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Guns,

We need more pics of your wife.....................................uhm I mean 951.....................aw crap how about bearing (all puns meant) pics of both!

UPDATES?

Last edited by ELLSSUU; 01-22-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
Guns, We need more pics of your wife.....................................uhm I mean 951.....................aw crap how about baring (all puns meant) both! UPDATES?
Good call Scott, I mean on the pics of his project of course!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Don't worry I'll post some pics as soon as I get them! Of the car that is...the wife subject? Well you'll get to see her in person soon enough - but remember this: she's like napalm, get too close and she'll kill you

Back to the project!

Does anyone know where to source out an aluminum ring that I could put around the shifter base? I want to go with an exposed gear lever with aluminum **** up top with alcantara going down not up to cover the bottom part of the shaft. Something like the Ford GT (that style). Any ideas?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:46 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Okay so after talking to Chris, he's going to fab up a new shift rod and a gated shift plate like in the older Ferraris.

Ordered a set of Hella 50mm HID Xenon high beam headlights as these will be mounted behind where the stock turn signals would go, they will be facing downward just a touch as to not blind anyone. I don't want a ton of stuff up front so keeping it simple with these projector headlights will make it all a snap.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:15 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the older ferraris had the shift plates because they were needed to get the linkage to engauge the gear? I hope they aren't messing with your linkage that much... but anyway, we want pics!

Side topic: I just watched a show on national geographic over the weekend about the comercial security forces in iraq doing gaurd duty for trucks and transporting small things - is this what you do guns?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Guns951
Race Car

No I'm in logistics, overseeing the transportation of goods to the outlying forward operating bases. Management position - way safer, pays just as well.

We're dong the gate for cosmetic reasons, it will be laser cut to the guide paths of the original gear sets so nothing to worry about here. There is already a short shift on the tranny that decreases the throw range - pretty sure we'll keep that bit. Pics will be up in a bit as Chris needs the car for this one.

Pics of the lights will be up in a while as they'll have to get to the shop first.

Quick Reply: Official Gulf Porsche 944 GTR Turbo Project Thread **Pics Updated Today Jan 5**