Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

schnellfahrer - I just checked- I did not see one from you. You don't have a dif name you used on it or anything do you? Please PM again &/or e-mail directly & I'll reply as soon as possible... I'll PM you my e-mail in a minute...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robby
schnellfahrer- I'm about to check & see :-)

John- Danno did a big how-to on modding rear wheel wells for big tires & it wasn't too terribly difficult- he found out where the wheel was actually rubbing & it was not where most thought. Here's a link to his site but I couldn't find the how-to on it a minute ago- look under where it says "sizus maximus" on the left hand colum & you'll see the tires he ran & MAYBE there's a link somewhere in there- otherwise, maybe that e-mail addy is current- you can click on the RacerX guy on the front page & I'm sure there are other links & if not, PM me & I'll find his addy, since I haven't seen him around RL much lately. It's a great site, so I hope he keeps it running- I haven't talked to him in awhile. BTW- the 88 Turbo S/89 fenders were rolled stock- not sure what year your's is...? BUT, IF you're planning on a 285/30/18 or 295/30/18, it will go w/the correct offset. BUT, IF you want a 285/35/18 like I wanted, you'll have to do some work. Still, since I'm sure you're looking at aftermarket custom wheels, like Fikse, Kinesis, HRE, CCW, etc, then they should be able to do an offset for 295/30/18s easily... My prob w/all of this was matching front to rear RD & w/widths that I wanted, etc, while still keeping weight down & my wallet from being sucked inside out! The 285/30/18 is a little short. A 295/30/18 is about perfect. Guys run 275/40/17 on track- much taller than 295/30/18, so 295/30/18 should be easy- people have done it...

http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/
:-)
THANKYOU!

Intereting cause the tire guy(owns a 01 911) was telling me he ran a 275/35/18 stock on his 18's and its fine. He said I should be able to run that no problem. We didn't get into 295's much cause he said the 275 should bolt right up. However if I could get in 295's thats what I really want. I just dont want to drop 700 bucks on rears and then to come find out they don't fit.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

John-

I hate to repeat anything you already know, but here are some RD's, which are of course, critical-

255/40/17 - 102.0 - 25.03
275/40/17 - 110.0 - 25.66
265/35/18 - 92.75 - 25.30
275/35/18 - 96.25 - 25.58
285/35/18 - 99.75 - 25.85
285/30/18 - 85.50 - 24.73
295/30/18 - 88.50 - 24.97
305/30/18 - 91.50 - 25.20
315/30/18 - 94.50 - 25.44

The first three are VERY common, as you know. And, as you can see, a 305/30/18 is actually SHORTER than a 265/35/18. Of course, it's a combination of height AND width that'll cause a rub. I don't have any hands-on experience w/these size tires, but I've done the math- obviously- I've thought a LOT about all this- just the kind of thing for my obsessive personality... But I know there's at LEAST one person here who's conquered the 295 thing & it's been said that someone here did a 315 or so- not positive there- SEVERAL here run 275/40/17. Again, there are still more variables, like offset & even the shape of the tire, from what I understand... HTH's & hopefully you can find that how-to of Dan's- I'm planning to use it myself, eventually, so let me know...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:35 PM
wolfenstein
Instructor

danno rolled the fenders, there is a tool for it, got one somewhere-anyways what you do is the tool bolts to the wheel hub and exerts force against the fender, or quarter lip, it has a wheel that rolls and you basically keep moving it around and applying more pressure-trick is if you have to go alot 285+ your best bet is to warm the paint up on the lip to keep it from cracking, ask me how i know.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Schnellfahrer- just in case you missed my message above, I didn't get a PM from you- please get in touch & I'll reply as quickly as possible....

TO EVERYONE- As you know, I'm trying very hard to reduce prices, but KEEP the quality high. Dan put a lot of thought into this, but I don't think he expected the fuses to be so expensive or hard to find. I'm switching to Megas- still have ~10 of Dan's style & will use them for anyone who wants, for a little more...

For the new fuses, several here want holders, even if it costs more- I think this is the right way to go & after TONS of time & effort, I've found a cool little inexpensive fuse holder- simple- effective- has rubber boots for lug connections & a plastic protective center cover- only raises kit price $10. So basically, for the exact same stuff (except fuses), Dan charged $340, I recently charged $330, & now have it down to $305- more on this later...

I found some black rubber protective boots for the [-] terminal. I'm not sure why Dan did not offer these, like the red. I will be adding these to the kits at no extra charge. In the end, I will re-price everything & delete all old prices in this thread- just want to wait until I've completed my orders to make sure there are no surprises, as I've edited a few times now & it's confusing people.

SO, ANYONE who's ordered a kit from ME OR DAN, will be able to buy a BLACK rubber protective boot for the [-] terminal for cheap- assuming I get what I've ordered, it will probably be $3 shipped. But, for those who paid $330 a few weeks ago, I'll send you one, as well as a new 1awg supplemental short ground, free of charge. I took a few new pics of the short ground tonight & will post later. I only have a few 45' angle lugs- am ordering more now, so it might take a little over a week.

So, for now, until the fuse holders show, the kits are on-hold- should be ~1wk. UNLESS one wants the fuses Dan used. If so, PM me & I'll work out a price & ship Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise, the full kit SHOULD be $315 shipped, but this price includes ALL of what Dan did for $340 (4awg supplemental ground, hardware, red rubber boot, etc), PLUS, a black rubber boot & the new 1awg short ground. I should have the fuse holders next week & am putting kits together right now, so they'll be ready for the holders.... BTW- you do NOT HAVE to buy the 1awg short ground- if not, you can deduct $10. It's normally $12- it's $10 in addition to the kit & ALSO for those who've already ordered kits (full or partial), either from me OR Dan.

At this point, it looks like I have enough ExFlex, cable, & most of the lugs I'll need for ~25 more complete battery kits, PLUS, the 11 partial headlight harnesses & all the relays, fuse holders, cable, etc, to finish them up. Then Dan's inventory will be completely gone. So ALL of you who've been asking for a kit, so far, are fine. I have all but the holders...
Old 06-13-2008, 04:22 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Robby!

Are you OK?
Old 06-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm ok Eivind- sorry for the delay- it looks like you e-mailed me several times. I just got back- long week- just sent you a reply...

I just received what I consider to be the last of the little PITA detail stuff that I'd run out of. The copper bolts & nuts- did not realize that Dan had done this & am putting together a little kit for those 8 people who bought the kits a few months back. I've found out quite a few things- too much to post here. Trying to figure out how to get it all out. The new fuses will probably not work in one of the two cables. I'll make a decision on Sunday & repost b/c I hate going back & forth on stuff. The kit was fine to begin with & I've just wasted a lot of time trying to make it better & cheaper. Dan did his homework- it's tough to beat- I now realize this after having installed a kit. Either way, prices will go down a little, no matter what & I'm still offering a little more (at the lower price). Dan had several dif sizes of cable & I'm experimenting w/that, but at this point, there's about enough stuff left for 20 to maybe 23 more battery kits, it looks like- maybe one or two less, since I'm now using some cable for extra grounds. There are STILL 11 partial headlight kits that we're about to work on, but I've just decided to focus on this battery stuff until I've got it exactly where I want- I have a bad habit of trying to do several things at once & not getting anything finished b/c of it... I'll repost Sunday or Monday...
Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Allright guys- just finished collecting a few misc parts. It's been tough to find some of these little things & I've learned a LOT in the last few months- Dan had this stuff pretty well figured out. I've started making more cables for possibly the final run. It looks like there's about enough cable left for ~20 total battery cable kits, plus, the 11 partial headlight harnesses- I have someone working on those already.

For those who ordered in January/February- I just finished sending several updates to all of you- please be on the lookout. :-)

For those interested in the latest version of the kit, here's the deal. They are IDENTICAL to IceShark's kits- actually, the big stuff is still his very own inventory, but now fully finished & ready to go. His last run was $339, shipped, no Paypal. I am including EVERYTHING he included for $310 shipped (I will take Paypal), PLUS, several things he did NOT include, such as, a short ground (only 2.5L cars- still working on something for 3.0's), a black rubber [-] boot to match the red [+] Dan sent, & ExFlex on the longer of the two [-] battery cables. Anyone who ordered from Dan, who would like any of this extra stuff, please contact me & I'll work you a good deal- I really do think, based on seeing SEVERAL of these [-] cables, that ExFlex was a good idea for that one. Live & learn, right...?

So, the full price for Rennlisters, at this time, is $310 shipped. That's $30 less than Dan's final price 3yrs ago, plus, extra stuff, AND I take Paypal... What deal, right??? :-) IF you are interested in part of the kit, here is everything listed individually, it adds up to almost $320, shipped IF bought separately, as there's ~$10 worth of hardware that comes w/the kit, etc. IF you want to order separate cables & want to know specifics on what comes w/what, please PM me... Otherwise, the full kit is $310 shipped w/EVERYTHING.

One option- I just started making some 1awg rear grounds that bolt from the rear sway to the tranny- they seem to be cool & IF one orders this w/the kit, then I'll add it for $15, for a total of $325. Otherwise, at this time, they are $22

1- 1awg [+] Main w/ExFlex & [+] terminal + boot - $65
1- 4awg [+] fused main w/ExFlex - $70
1- 4awg [+] fused Supplemental w/ExFlex - $65
1- 1awg [-] Main (2-pc) w/ExFlex & [-] terminal + boot - $55
1- 4awg [-] Supplemental ground - $20
1- 1awg [-] Supplemental short ground (2.5L only) - $20
OPTIONAL 1awg supplemental rear tranny ground - $22 OPTIONAL
OPTIONAL Adjustable voltage regulator - $15 OPTIONAL

Thanks again for all of the great comments, patience, understanding, & all of the help & positive attitudes from everyone on this list. When this is over, I plan to try to work something out for possible sponsorship- not sure how all that works, but since I only had permission to sell what was left, I'll have to see what we can do when this is gone. But I hope to continue working w/this stuff & this list, as it's been fun getting to learn something knew & working w/such great people.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
OhioState944
Instructor

Thanks for all your hard work! PM sent.

-Gabe
Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Gabe- just replied to all PM's, thus far... Going out of town till Sunday, so if replies are slow, after this afternoon, that is why. Will be ready to send stuff Monday or Tuesday now...
Old 07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Dean_Fuller
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Robby-

Have you considered making a battery cable &/or headlight kit for 928s?

Also, I have a friend w/a 944 who has some really worn battery cables- enough to be concerned & I would probably be helping him w/the installation. Is there any way you could e-mail a set of instructions on how to install them, so we can see what we're getting into & start planning it all out before we buy...?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
OhioState944
Instructor

Link to instructions:

http://my.execpc.com/D3/79/eelfner/9...rade%20Kit.pdf
Old 07-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello Dean- yes, we are looking into making 928 kits- might start a thread on that board to gauge interest. Also trying to do a rear-mount kit for 944's...

I'd be more than happy to send instructions, to you or anyone else who's considering this. I have two sets. Actually, considering where you are, I could just about as easily bring them to you, personally...

RE the 944 wiring- YES, it's getting dangerous. There was a rash of underhood FIRES a few years ago, partly due to faulty wiring- this is the main reason why Dan started these & you would be AMAZED at some of the factory cables we've seen in the past few years. I've considered starting threads just to push people into buying new ones, for safety reasons, even if they do not want to buy these. Of course, if they were to price factory ones & then see what quality they can get from the IceShark ones (for less), then I think they'd rather buy here, but either way, the factory cables are all pushing 20yrs old- MOST are just a disaster waiting to happen...

thanks for the interest....
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ohiostate- thanks for the link- I'm a day or two behind, but your stuff went out today- will PM tracking info later on... just letting you know. It should be there by Monday or Tuesday at latest- USPS Priority mail...
Old 07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
OhioState944
Instructor

Excellent, Thanks Robby!

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....