Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New price list- please see previous post & pics for details- it's the fuses that are changing, nothing else.. UNLESS you REALLY want the old fuses & the higher prices :-) AGAIN, I need to talk to ALL of the guys who previously paid the $330 total price, as I'd like to do something for you on this, since you guys never had a choice...

Main [+] pair - $165
Supplemental [+] - $70
Negative pair - $55
Supplemental [-] - $20
Complete w/S&H - $295
Highly recommended short grounds ;-)
0awg - $12
1awg - $10
2awg - $9
4awg - $8
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got one set installed and it seems to have cured several of my issues and I think I will need to adjust my voltage regulator back down now. Thank you very much Robby. It may be a little while before I get the other set installed but that car is (knock on wood) pretty much problem free.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robby, I for one appreciate the "rain check" type offer but to be truthful; I'm pleased with what I received, I think I got what I paid for.

Appreciate the RL stand up factor man.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:10 PM
lejams
Pro

+1^
Old 04-20-2008, 04:07 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

+2^^
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

You guys are too kind- I love dealing w/this great group of people!!! Still, I've been thinking about it & I have several ideas. At the VERY LEAST, I'll send you guys one of my new supplemental short grounds in the big 0awg (two for you Mark since you bought two kits- you can go ahead & put the ground on the car that you haven't installed the kit to yet, since it'll be so easy). Evidently, the pics are a touch confusing, so I'll have to repost them- a friend was helping me pull my manifold cover to get to a few things & had already pulled the fuel rail- this makes it not so obvious where the short ground connects... Also, it was made from scrap, so didn't look quite as nice- I'm still waiting on some angled lugs I've ordered & when they get here, I'll make a bunch of them & hook one up, etc, & post some better pics, etc. I'll stay in touch...

thanks again,
Robby
Old 04-20-2008, 11:22 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

way to go robby!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:48 AM
944CS
Drifting

robby, you know littel fuse actually makes a plastic case for the mega fuse
Old 04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

944cs- really? That would be cool. In all honesty, I've been looking at so many other things, I haven't looked for a fuse holder for these. I've found some for other fuses, like stereo types & some of them look close to these fuses, but they are not the same size. I did find one fuse holder where I found these fuses, but they are, like many fuse holders, more expensive than the fuse itself & this brings me right back up to the total cost of Dan's fuses. Dan's fuse (made by Littelfuse) was put on w/out a holder & did really well, but they're close to $30/ea. I also found a site where a guy made a case for two fuses & baacked it up w/phenol- really cool, but the box was much too large for this application, so at this point, I'm leaving it open & the price is down. Do you have a pic or link, etc, to the holders you're talking about? I've looked for other fuse/holder combinations, but none are much cheaper than the cost of the Littelfuse itself, that Dan used. I found some stereo fuses that look similar to the Megas & I could get some pretty simple holders made by Stinger, but the total cost is still a good bit more than the Megas themselves & they are not the same size & I'm afraid they are really more of a stereo appliaction than battery & it's not quite the same. Plus, a fellow RLer tested these fuses & they got the thumbs up...

Have you ever seen a place to order those original fuses (I've only found one)? I've only found one place to buy them & actually, have only found one place to buy the new ones too, but it's such a substantial price dif, it was woth it- might start looking for better prices on the new ones too...

So I'm not sure if Im paying too much or not. I just want to bring the costs down as much as possible & make everyone as happy as possible. I'd like to continue making these things after Dan's inventory of stuff is gone. I wont be able to sell it here if I do set it up as a business, unless I can work out some sort of deal. Still, I'm looking for best prices, etc, w/the intention of doing it on the side, later on, when this inventory is gone.

JOHN!!! How have you been my friend!??!?!? Long time no see- I hope all is well. Glad to see you're still chugging along in the Porsche world!!! Nice avatar- is that your baby? Did you do a 968 rear conversion of some sort? Any pics???
Old 04-21-2008, 01:41 PM
944CS
Drifting

http://www.littelfuse.com/part/2981000.html
or
http://www.electricvehiclesusa.com/p..._p/fh-mega.htm

I have 5 150 amp and 5 175 amp Mega fuses, still in the plastic packaging, you can have them for $50
Old 04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

944cs- excellent info. Unfortunately, the fuse holder is $14.50/ea. That's about twice what the fuse itself costs. Add S&H to both fuse & holder & I'm in for ~$24/ea, so another $48 per kit. Dan's fuses, when everything was said & done, added ~$56. Unfortunately, this is how it is w/most holders.

Dan's fuses are not any better or worse though, so my whole intent was to get something comparable but much cheaper. I think it looks really good w/out the holder, as do several others I've shown them too. The holes are 5/16" & I can bore one side to 3/8" & it will fit right onto the battery terminal itself. Pretty cool.

The Megas do open a little faster- it seems that a 175 Mega is close to a 150 of Dans. Dan used all kinds of dif amperages, depending on whether or not one had a high powered amplifier, etc. so, what I'm going to do, instead of Dan's normal 150/175, I'm going to 175/200 w/the Megas.

BTW- most of these places charge a TON for S&H. I ship the full cable kit USPS w/delivery confirmation for $10, anywhere in the US. When I ordered 12 Mega fuses, I paid ~$15 S&H.

Your offer on the fuses is great, but since I'm not using the 150's now, I really don't need them. But, I'd be glad to pay you $25 + S&H for the 175's, if you'd like...? Why are you selling them anyway? Also, do you have any of the holders to go w/any of them?

thanks....
Old 04-21-2008, 02:44 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Robby
JOHN!!! How have you been my friend!??!?!? Long time no see- I hope all is well. Glad to see you're still chugging along in the Porsche world!!! Nice avatar- is that your baby? Did you do a 968 rear conversion of some sort? Any pics???
hey bro looooong time no see. haha. Yeah I did a 968 rear on it awhile back. I'm in the process of trying to get the fenders rolled(dont know what it will cost or how hard it is, need info badly) so I can squeeze in a 18x10 over a 285/295 tire.

Other than that i've just been hanging. I do have a nice little track car ls2 944 project going but, im keeping that pretty hush hush
Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Did you read my last pm Robby?
Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
944CS
Drifting

Since the whole point of the fuse is to prevent a short in the circuit, I don't know if I would sell a kit with the fuse just out in the open. Plus the cover brings the quality of that aspect of the kit up to par with the rest of the kit. I don't have any holders. Just pmed you.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

schnellfahrer- I'm about to check & see :-)

John- Danno did a big how-to on modding rear wheel wells for big tires & it wasn't too terribly difficult- he found out where the wheel was actually rubbing & it was not where most thought. Here's a link to his site but I couldn't find the how-to on it a minute ago- look under where it says "sizus maximus" on the left hand colum & you'll see the tires he ran & MAYBE there's a link somewhere in there- otherwise, maybe that e-mail addy is current- you can click on the RacerX guy on the front page & I'm sure there are other links & if not, PM me & I'll find his addy, since I haven't seen him around RL much lately. It's a great site, so I hope he keeps it running- I haven't talked to him in awhile. BTW- the 88 Turbo S/89 fenders were rolled stock- not sure what year your's is...? BUT, IF you're planning on a 285/30/18 or 295/30/18, it will go w/the correct offset. BUT, IF you want a 285/35/18 like I wanted, you'll have to do some work. Still, since I'm sure you're looking at aftermarket custom wheels, like Fikse, Kinesis, HRE, CCW, etc, then they should be able to do an offset for 295/30/18s easily... My prob w/all of this was matching front to rear RD & w/widths that I wanted, etc, while still keeping weight down & my wallet from being sucked inside out! The 285/30/18 is a little short. A 295/30/18 is about perfect. Guys run 275/40/17 on track- much taller than 295/30/18, so 295/30/18 should be easy- people have done it...

http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/

944cs- meant to Paypal you a few min ago- about to do it now. I get your point on the fuse. I'm going to look at options today- one thing I did not consider was the rubber battery cover- I expected the fuse to be covered by THAT. It's not airtight, but covers it- i'm also about to find black negative covers for thees things & will work on getting them to people who already have kits w/out them- not sure why Dan didn't do these. Anyway, IF I HAVE to continue using Dan's fuses @ $330/kit, I don't mind- I just really want to drop that price substantially- $330 is $10 less than Dan, but IMO, that's just not quite low enough w/the current economy. The new fuses really helped, but price of holders brings it right back up. I'm still considering all this & looking for alternatives- I have an idea or two & hope to come up w/definate solutions later today. I havent sold any more kits, but a few people are waiting patiently & I hate to keep adjusting prices, etc- may have jumped the gun but we'll see soon. Thanks a LOT for the input, though- I really do appreciate that... Paypal is on the way.... :-)

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....