Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Please see later posts in this thread- edited to avoid confusion....

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:36 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm I would be interested. I actually sent him a 100 deposit that I never got back because unfortunately it was just shortley before his passing. I didn't even bother bringing it up because I thought it was in poor poor taste.

but, I was wanted his full headlight kit. I forgot what he said he was going to charge me but, if you got one. keep it for me. I will most certainly purchase it.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interesting. I may be interested in the whole lot.

We (another rennlister and I) have developed a complete lighting kit that I’m assuming is very similar to Dan’s. Since his passing there isn’t really high quality kit available so we put one together for 10 of the local guys that is currently in testing. The kit we developed is completely modular to accommodate future upgrades incase Euro driving lights want to be added later (or now). The wiring used exceeds SAE standards and was gauged to handle in the range of 700W total lighting. Only Bosch relays are being used and the harness can draw power from either the alternator or directly from the battery. The thought here was ease of installation (pretty much plug-play), as well as some people’s reluctance in removing a 20 year old j-boot to access the alternator. We designed this kit to be a complete overkill from a wattage perspective and be able to withstand the under-hood conditions generated in a turbo car without a thought 20 years from now (shrink wrapped, loomed, double crimped, soldered, ect). If we were within 80% of potential wire gauge capacity we went up one. After reviewing some of Dan’s supplies, it appears that he also had the same passion for superior quality kits. The schematics and BOM, was reviewed by an EE/PE (work buddy) and he stated that it’s about as stout as you can get without purposely wasting money and we’re experimenting with both the Cibie and Hella e-code lenses and only use Narva bulbs to see which provided the best beam.

This type of harness is not for everyone as some people are okay with having lesser lighting capacity and using relays, wiring, and connectors that are available at any local auto parts suppliers. Once we get the last kit installed there’s a chance we’ll make more if others are interested and maybe Dan’s remaining stock can be picked up if it’s still available. Dan did not make much money on these kits and pricing would be a few bucks cheaper then his. If anyone may be interested in a kit, send me a PM to gauge interest and I’ll run it by John D (break off a piece for the list in Dan’s name). I should have pictures by Monday.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 PM
35thSLP
Burning Brakes

pm sent
Old 12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Interesting. I may be interested in the whole lot.

We (another rennlister and I) have developed a complete lighting kit that I’m assuming is very similar to Dan’s. Since his passing there isn’t really high quality kit available so we put one together for 10 of the local guys that is currently in testing. The kit we developed is completely modular to accommodate future upgrades incase Euro driving lights want to be added later (or now). The wiring used exceeds SAE standards and was gauged to handle in the range of 700W total lighting. Only Bosch relays are being used and the harness can draw power from either the alternator or directly from the battery. The thought here was ease of installation (pretty much plug-play), as well as some people’s reluctance in removing a 20 year old j-boot to access the alternator. We designed this kit to be a complete overkill from a wattage perspective and be able to withstand the under-hood conditions generated in a turbo car without a thought 20 years from now (shrink wrapped, loomed, double crimped, soldered, ect). If we were within 80% of potential wire gauge capacity we went up one. After reviewing some of Dan’s supplies, it appears that he also had the same passion for superior quality kits. The schematics and BOM, was reviewed by an EE/PE (work buddy) and he stated that it’s about as stout as you can get without purposely wasting money and we’re experimenting with both the Cibie and Hella e-code lenses and only use Narva bulbs to see which provided the best beam.

This type of harness is not for everyone as some people are okay with having lesser lighting capacity and using relays, wiring, and connectors that are available at any local auto parts suppliers. Once we get the last kit installed there’s a chance we’ll make more if others are interested and maybe Dan’s remaining stock can be picked up if it’s still available. Dan did not make much money on these kits and pricing would be a few bucks cheaper then his. If anyone may be interested in a kit, send me a PM to gauge interest and I’ll run it by John D (break off a piece for the list in Dan’s name). I should have pictures by Monday.
interesting man. I haven't spoken to you in forever. Absolutely let me know when you get done with yours I would like to see it. I have alot of work to do on my car(right now its stored) including the lighting.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

John- I sent you a PM recently- never heard back from you- hope all is well... I'll PM you w/some specific info later tonight- I'm about to leave for work.

thanks everyone...
Old 12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you get a hold of it, I might be interested in a set of battery cables. Negative and Positive, if there is anything complete.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:26 AM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Robby, I would also be interested in a complete set of battery cables (pos. & neg.) and one of the adjustable voltage regulators. Please let me know if/when you get it all together.

TIA
Old 12-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Jeremy, I will definately be interested in one of your kits if you decide to market it to us rennlisters! I was in the process of talking to Dan shortly before he passed, and was extremely sad to hear we lost such a valuable member to our community...
Old 12-13-2006, 04:57 AM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

Jeremy, I'm also interested in this kit.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Please see later posts in this thread. Edited to avoid confusion.

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in battery & headlight kits!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

battery cables
Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
87924GT
Racer

Jeremy,
I'm in for a kit too.
Steve Ed
Old 03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
DAR951
Pro

Battery and Alternator (if there are any) Cables please.

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....