Remaining IceShark Inventory....

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:38 AM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robby
Andre- are you the Andre who did the KILLER write-up w/all the pics on how to install the battery cable kit??? If so, thanks a LOT!!! I've e-mailed to several people. Was actually trying to modify it slightly to be able to print it up, but failed, miserably... So I've kept e-mailing it, in conjunction w/the other instructions I have, by Dan- I hope that's ok- I've kept your name at the top, just like you had it, for full credit...!!! It's people like you who REALLY help this list- Clarke's Garage, Tom Pultz, etc, etc, etc- I can't even begin to name everyone, but when one takes the time to document stuff like that, it's REALLY COOL!!!!
Yup! That's me. Glad to be of help!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the lugs late yesterday- will finish up today or tommorrow....

Andre- Cool! Glad to know who did those instructions- Thanks a lot!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robby, what's the latest on shipping, car is about to go under the knife as soon as the power pulley kit gets here.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

To Bret & everyone else: ALL kits, that have been paid for, were shipped today. I will try to send tracking info to each individual tonight or tommorrow night. They were sent USPS Priority Mail, so should be there by Monday or Tuesday. So, now it's time for round two- the couple of people who wanted to order, I'll start putting together the stuff this weekend & should be able to ship by mid next week...

thanks a lot!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Robby, i just want to applaud you for the work your doing to keep these great kits going for our cars.

To those 'on the fence' about doing it.. i recently installed the full battery cable kit and headlight kit into my 951, ive had them sitting in a box the last two years waiting for the day i bought a 951. I can tell you everything works better, no more strange gauge readings, brighter headlights, faster power windows...you name it.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot Jon- I really appreciate the sentiment... I'm glad you're enjoying the cable kit & that it's working well for you. I got my car started the other night, finally, & w/just the supplemental ground, things were working better. I was very impressed. Oh yeah, rebuilt alt & adj volt reg too, but still... Things were much better. Can't wait to install the kit now.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1 on great work Robby.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ski- thanks a lot- please let me know how you feel AFTER you get them. I'm pretty sure everyone will be happy. I've put a lot of work into them & it's been cool learning how, etc. Most of the kits still have some of Dan's work, as well as my own- it took a few tries w/the crimper to get them to come out smoothly like his. My crimper is also different. It leaves a stamp & flat spot on them- the flat spot is to the side- it seemed weird at first, but it's a first rate crimper. Dan's was good too, I'm sure- it just left a dif shape crimp. I'm going to be doing some pull tests on some soon- trying to set some sort of contraption set up, but I've played around w/some & I'm very confident they'll pass any standard tests- it is rated for several specifications of certified crimps, so it's really cool- it's supposed to retail for over $500- I got it off ebay for $217 & if it wasn't brand new, I sure couldn't tell.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here for being so great to deal with- it's really made this whole venture very rewarding...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

got the kit in today - Beautiful work Robby.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

EXCELLENET!!! Glad to hear it! Hoping others have received there's, but if not, should be tommorrow. You are a little closer than some of them...,
Old 04-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

havent got mine yet
Old 04-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

If it's not there tommorrow, PM me & I'll send tracking info- all were sent Friday, so it should be there in another day, except CA orders might be Wednesday...
Old 04-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Robbie, they are at my shop, unopened, but they did arrive.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

EVERYONE PLEASE READ-

The fuses Dan used were very expensive. I've had some others tested. The original ones are $28/ea IF I buy >20. This adds ~$60 to each kit. I've done a ton of research on what Dan did- all prices have gone up these last 3yrs- Several years prior, he was getting his fuses for free & selling his complete kits for $260 + S&H. Then, right before his last run, he had to pay $12/ea for the fuses (must have been a big order) & he then added the supplemental ground (his price was $22) & the red rubber [+] boot, etc, all for a grand total of $340 shipped. I included everything he did, all the exact same stuff, for $330 shipped, 3yrs later, but in all honesty, I'd like to reduce prices more. I keep repeating all this b/c I've had a few people ask about the high price of these kits. So, I feel that by using the new fuses I have, the kit can be JUST as high quality & come in $35 cheaper. I'm shooting for $295 shipped. The new fuses look just as nice- actually, I've had several people say they like the looks BETTER. One nice benefit- IF you DO blow a fuse, I can keep a few of these on-hand for people. Not so easy w/the others.

SO, I'm posting some pics, showing the new fuse & a side by side comparison in the kit, etc. The length of overall cable has been adjusted to match. Everything else is IDENTICAL to Dan's. Actually, w/the small exception of some of the lugs, it literally IS Dan's, straight from his remaining inventory.

I'm going to do something for those who've just bought a kit at $330. I have a few ideas & am planning to get in touch w/each of you, individually- you guys did not have a choice, so I want to do a little something- I just want everyone to be 100% happy. Not just b/c this forum means so much to me, but also b/c I'm now planning to try to continue this, AFTER Dan's inventory is gone. Now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue on Rennlist, but when the time comes, I'll contact john & see what we can do. At this point, there's still enough cable & ExFlex for quite a few more cable kits & I do still have the 11 partial headlight harnesses to finish w/all of Dan's misc hardware, like the Hella relays, etc. So, those of you who've just bought the kit for $330, please contact me, if you have not heard from me, in the next few days... I'm going to repost new prices next, as well as a pic of the complete kit, as Dan sold it, & then the comparison showing the new fuses, etc... BTW- these fuses are made by the same company as the ones Dan used. I will be deleting old posts in this thread to try to avoid confusion...

Oh yeah- last- I'm making some new short grounds out of some of this cable, lugs, & ExFlex. They're only ~6" long, but are in a good place IMO. This one was made from scraps, so the finished product will look nicer. They should be ~$12 in 0awg, $10 in 1awg, $9 in 2awg, & $8 in 4awg cable- pics below...
Attached Images        

Last edited by Robby; 04-20-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....