Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too cool for school!

On the Avatar...I am on it.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:00 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the deal with the exhaust? I thought you were having it custom made so that it would come out normal. Not sure I like the megaphone look. Plus I'd be pissed if I was the car next to you when you shoot out those 12ft. flames!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by por951turbo
What the deal with the exhaust? I thought you were having it custom made so that it would come out normal. Not sure I like the megaphone look. Plus I'd be pissed if I was the car next to you when you shoot out those 12ft. flames!
no I have it with no bends in it...save for one. That way there is as little backpressure as possible. if you want it to come out straight you have to put extra 90degree bends in the exhaust and I did not want to do that.

I dont shoot 12 foot flames just 5 foot. lol. and chances are if im shooting one you wont be in my line of fire.

i hope my answers are satisfactory por951turbo.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:21 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh... that makes sense. I too would choose performance over looks.

I knew it was a 5ft. flame, I just assumed it would be 12ft. with the bigger exhaust. Better go get a new video of that!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I knew it was a 5ft. flame, I just assumed it would be 12ft. with the bigger exhaust. Better go get a new video of that!

agreed
Old 01-03-2006, 02:54 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

they are about the same size in length its just they are alot thicker now.

I had one hit hard last night and it was so big I saw it not only in my drivers side mirror but, in my rear view mirror as well. Normally they just spit out quicky and then go back in but, this one stayed and flapped around a little bit. It was the most insane thing I have ever seen.

It looked like that high hp flames the supra guys shoot out that stick out a couple feet and are thick and stay there for a few seconds after a hard boost run.

anyways im sure I will get a chance to get them on video soon enough.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:12 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh god. That's just amazing.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Dasota
Advanced

Default Another 968 rear end conversion...

porshhhh951 encouraged me to bring his old post alive again, with posting a few pictures of my 944 to add to the list of 968 rear end conversions. The work was not done by me, but by the previous owner about 10 years ago. Overall cost? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm also in Germany, not the states, and it is a german spec vehicle. It WILL be coming back to the states with me in a few years.

The 968 rearend conversion is mostly the same, with a few differences. The PO had the seams filled in along the bumper, so it appears to be one smooth piece. The same was also done with the front. Asides from that, the fender flares on both the front and rear are also fiberglass. The only metal on the body now is the doors, hood, and roof. The strosek hatch was added about a year ago, which I really do not like and plan to swap out with a 968. The headlights are also the strosek type, which I utterly detest and will be swapping out in the not too distant future. The foglights and turn signals are also those of a 968, including the side turn signals behind the front fender flares. The car is also complimented with 968 mirrors.

I should be getting it painted in a couple of weeks hopefully. Anyhow, here are the pictures.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:03 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

sweet looking conversion for sure man. I love the color too.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Dasota
Advanced

I'm not crazy about the color personally.. I had actually planned on going with white, but perhaps a very dark midnight blue (Like the Infiniti G35 coupe's midnight blue) would look good too..
Old 09-04-2006, 11:15 PM
944J
Banned

interesting...

Originally Posted by Dasota
porshhhh951 encouraged me to bring his old post alive again, with posting a few pictures of my 944 to add to the list of 968 rear end conversions. The work was not done by me, but by the previous owner about 10 years ago. Overall cost? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm also in Germany, not the states, and it is a german spec vehicle. It WILL be coming back to the states with me in a few years.

The 968 rearend conversion is mostly the same, with a few differences. The PO had the seams filled in along the bumper, so it appears to be one smooth piece. The same was also done with the front. Asides from that, the fender flares on both the front and rear are also fiberglass. The only metal on the body now is the doors, hood, and roof. The strosek hatch was added about a year ago, which I really do not like and plan to swap out with a 968. The headlights are also the strosek type, which I utterly detest and will be swapping out in the not too distant future. The foglights and turn signals are also those of a 968, including the side turn signals behind the front fender flares. The car is also complimented with 968 mirrors.

I should be getting it painted in a couple of weeks hopefully. Anyhow, here are the pictures.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
JakeS2
Racer

Where are your teardrop mirrors ?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:58 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JakeS2
Where are your teardrop mirrors ?
I know man. About 4-5 months after the conversion I blew out a valve. I tossed and turned with what to do since I had some cylinder scoring(always had. Even when I previously did the HG) and decided a new motor would be inorder or atleast a full tear down of this one.

Then I had a health scare and had surgery, and really spent the next year focusing on getting healthy. Now all the money that would have bought splitter, side skirts, mirrors, TRS wing, vented nose, etc is sitting in the engine bay.

Believe when the car is running right i'll turn my attention back to cosmetic. I already have a guy ready to do the interior. This car may not be a guns GTR or anything but, every single piece of the car will be worked over to better than stock. It'll look/sound/drive wonderful when its all done.

Quick Reply: my 968 conversion project. **new updated pics**