Current Wideband choices

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
silverbullet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Wideband choices

Hey,
Planning on some extensive tuning, so it's time for a wideband a/f gauge. Looking for one with a standard 2in? display to fit in the console plate. I noticed that Lindsey and a few others seem to have a few different ones for sale, so I was wondering whats the current best value that you would choose.
Thanks,
Josh
Old 10-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Mike S
Three Wheelin'

TechEdge also makes one. I have an older 1.5Version that works well although I'm not crazy about the software side.

http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/default.htm
Old 10-31-2005, 07:12 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.zeitronix.com/

another good option
Old 10-31-2005, 09:38 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

I noticed the zeitronix can also measure boost as well as a/f. it's what i was looking for, that no one else seemed to make. that's the one i am planning to buy within the next few days.

I'm glad you posted this, I myself would like to see what other people are using. As, i am in the same boat(looking to do major mods).

'86 951 millenium yellow
'88 944S guards red
Old 10-31-2005, 09:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't have personal experience with it. special tool uses the Zeitronix unit with the USB cable and says he's able to get a lot of good data, as is claer by the hp his car is putting out. I do plan to get one myself however. I too saw the boost deal. This thing seems to have a lot of value for a fair price.
Theoretically the boost reading option should allow you to use a top quality MBC, rather than a more expensive EBC, because you'll have a digital read out of manifold boost. The "turn of the ****" can now be done accurately, it would appear.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:53 PM
ENGINEERMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Innovate

I used the Lindsey Racing Mafterburner with Innovate wide band, Lindsey Chips, 48lb Siemens Injectors & Lindsey fuel rail with adjustable FP regulator.

This system works great and is extremely easy to tune. I mounted the AF gauge and the Autometer boost gauge in a pillar pod from LR and am very happy with that as well.

Good luck!

Tom
Old 10-31-2005, 10:29 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I believe the Zeitronix is the best out there today. Special Tool hooked it up in my car and it's just incredible. You can do practically anything with it, and it's very easy to use. The only thing we don't have hooked up is an EGT sensor, which I need to do sometime. Then we can datalog every crucial variable for my car. I orginaly had a Lindsey EUGO1000 W02 & an a Autometer A/F guage; and they don't touch the Zeitronix. I can't ever imagine not having it, it's that good! But the person who is very familar with it than most on here is Speical Tool, see what he says. He has all the bells and whistles hooked up.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

The Zeitronix looks really impressive. Damn good price for all the features!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:45 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I gots me one o' them thar Zeitronix gizmos. Got EGT on #3, Boost sensor, and wired in the extra 0-5 input to my MAF output. Actually Lindsey wired it up for me 'cause I messed up a connector trying to get all the wires and boxes stuffed back under the floor board and had to get a new one. Them wires are mighty tiny on that connector, be vewy vewy careful wit' 'em.

I like the zeitronix a lot, it does gobs for a wideband O2. If it had one more data point I could use for Mafterburner output to the DME, I wouldn't need the data log in my Mafterburner.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
I believe the Zeitronix is the best out there today. Special Tool hooked it up in my car and it's just incredible. You can do practically anything with it, and it's very easy to use. The only thing we don't have hooked up is an EGT sensor, which I need to do sometime. Then we can datalog every crucial variable for my car. I orginaly had a Lindsey EUGO1000 W02 & an a Autometer A/F guage; and they don't touch the Zeitronix. I can't ever imagine not having it, it's that good! But the person who is very familar with it than most on here is Speical Tool, see what he says. He has all the bells and whistles hooked up.

I dont want to argue with you - But I would not go as far as saying Zeitronix is the best. Its possibly one of the better options out there, but unless someone has compared all the wide-bands together, I dont think it’s fair to say Zeitronix is the best. (Has there been a comparison?) I'd really like to see a comparison between all the Widebands out there, and have some independant company (or individual) do the testing. I think it would be benificial to see what is availible. Widebands are generic, so there has to be some kind of comparison site between them.

To me it seems like it would come down to the software of each kit, whichever has the better software may be the best. Or whichever looks better to you - I kind of like the Auto-meter style gauge from the Innovate system (LC-1 + XD-1 Gauge - $399), but the LCD screen on the Zeitronix is a nice idea too, however it is a little large (I think - Not sure how exactly big it is..) However, to get all the sweet inputs like the Zeitronix, you have to get the LM-1 with those features. So I guess money wise - The Zeitronix might be the way to go. It appears to have everything in one package - for less. But unless performance issues are considered I still dont think its right to say ones better then the other.

To those that have used a couple different wideband O2s, you have more say in what’s "the best," But unless there has been comparisons between O2 sensors, I just dont think its fair to call one better then another.

I defiantly agree with getting all the other inputs hooked up with whichever kit you decide to go with. I am **** about know what is happening in my car, I am in the process of getting additional senders for everything, so I can have actual numbers for all the temps and pressures on the car.

But, that’s just my opinion I suppose

Good luck in the search for a Wideband O2 - I think Zeitronix and Innovate are the main two that should be looked into. I know there are a couple more, I am pretty sure AEM makes one, however I am not familiar with that one to much.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Zeitronix user here as well. Boost, A/F ratio and EGT.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:33 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Most WB kits use the same 5-wire O2 sensor (except for the old UeGO which uses a more expensive sensor).. As far as accuracy, most of them are fairly comparable. It boils down to features and price.
So far, I have been using the innovative LM1 unit, mainly because I can log 5-extra input channels (with additional RPM converter) AND because it has on-board data logging instead of a PC. The things I do not like is the display, as it's hard to see, also the unit itself is bulky.There is a new display module XD-1, which is nice. The price of all the components add up close to $650+.

The Zeitronix software is very nice, I prefer it the most for tuning. Much easier to view etc.. The display is nice as well. I did not get a Zeitronix as it does not have on-board data logging. Now, as PDA support is available, data logging can be done on the PDA which makes it very versatile wideband.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:52 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

although I don't have one, I can say that I already like the Innovative units because you can use them with an optional analog gauge, and I'm not a fan of blinking LEDs or LCD displays in the cabin at all
Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Innovate LC-1 here. The megasquirt will handle all the rest of the features it lacks verses the Zeix. $200 for sensor and controller is sweet.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:57 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow I didn't know the PDA software was availabile yet. I been chomping at the bit for it. Going to have to order the cable and software ASAP right now!

Then if I could just get some MAFterBurner PDA software I could datalog and tune my car with my palm phone, that would be way geeky cool!

Quick Reply: Current Wideband choices