Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Interested in trading FX-1 pro's

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 04:09 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tifo, when you say manual seat slider, you mean 100% manual, no power anything, right? So my part-power (front/rear base up/down) drivers seat slider won't cut it, too high?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:23 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DanG
Tifo, when you say manual seat slider, you mean 100% manual, no power anything, right? So my part-power (front/rear base up/down) drivers seat slider won't cut it, too high?
I knew someone would ask that. You are correct, you need a full-manual seat slider. The power drivers seat slider isn't even really removable, it has bits of the motor frame attachements hard-welded to it.

I moved my manual passenger seat slider that came stock in my 85.5/86 car over to the drivers side. It's not difficult, what you need to do is drill two new holes in the slider, one on each side. If you look closely at the mount holes in the car chassis for the rear of the seat sliders, you will notice that there are two holes on each, but that the inboard side nearest the tunnel is spaced differently than the outboard side nearest the door. I had to simply measure, and drill a new hole on each side to match. There is ample material and space to do this. You'll see what I mean when you have it all apart and are comparing the spacing differences for the holes.

Quick Reply: Interested in trading FX-1 pro's