Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Interested in trading FX-1 pro's

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in trading FX-1 pro's

Well I have a pair of nearly new FX-1 Pro's in all black, with brackets and sliders. I'm posting to see if anyone has a pair of seats they would be interested in trading. I really like sparco, especially Evo's, but post up what you have if you are interested. Only stock seats I would consider are sports.
The seats sit a tad high for me (I'm 6'0) my tall hair grazes the roof, and i doubt I'll be able to get a helmet on.
Before I side mount these, i want to see if anyone has anything else.
FX1 pro weights 16 pounds.
Fiberglass construction.
~Eyal
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Eyal,

I am 6'1" and have plenty of helmet clearance in my car with Forzas mounted in my car. I realize the seats are different, but I think you should be able to make those work. How did you mount them in the car before when you determined they were too tall? My driver's seat is mounted with custom brackets (I made) to the stock non-power Porsche seat slider. I have plenty of clearance with no helmet on, and for extra space on event days I pull the pad out of the bottom of the seat and run with my spare sunroof that has the liner panel removed. Even then I could get by with both of those in place and the helmet on. Do you have an exceptionally long torso for your height?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:23 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tifo, any pics of your seat mounts?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:41 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

No, but basically they are two 1/4" thick hardened steel plates, 3" wide by about 20" long, sideways. They act as adapters and have holes drilled in them that match up to the factory slider and the Corbeau seat. The adapters are basically sandwiched between the seat and the slider. Hope that makes sense!
Old 10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eyal, are you interested in selling the seats?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tifosiman
No, but basically they are two 1/4" thick hardened steel plates, 3" wide by about 20" long, sideways. They act as adapters and have holes drilled in them that match up to the factory slider and the Corbeau seat. The adapters are basically sandwiched between the seat and the slider. Hope that makes sense!
Makes perfect sense. Simple solution too. Hardened steel? Was that before or after you drilled your holes?

Also I'm thinking order of assembly will be seat to adapters, adapters to slider, slider to car. Correct?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by DanG
Makes perfect sense. Simple solution too. Hardened steel? Was that before or after you drilled your holes?

Also I'm thinking order of assembly will be seat to adapters, adapters to slider, slider to car. Correct?
Yep, hardened steel BEFORE drilling. Go purchase extra drill bits before you start .

Yep, that is the right order!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:22 PM
RPG951S
Racer

Just an FYI-

Corbeau sells cheap aluminum side mounts that pretty much bolt right up to a 951. They weigh <2 lbs and they are really, really pretty

I've mounted my driver's side FX1pro using the side mounts, and the passenger is still on the slider. Works beautifully.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

But the Corbeau mounts won't let you slide, will they? I know they also sell sliders, but they're something like $90 each. I want to retain the slide function (my A4's are tilt back too), and doing it for free from scrap steel I have at the shop would be the way to go for me.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
RPG951S
Racer

No, the side mounts are fixed (I guess you could bolt them to the sliders, but you won't gain any height reduction that way...)

I was surprised by how high the FX1pro's were on the included sliders. They're actually higher than the stock seats.
I think the best setup with sliders would be to grab a set of stock porsche sliders (from a manual seat setup), and weld/bolt the sidemounts to it.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:58 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

sorry if i'm hijacking eyal, i have a pair of corbeau forzas with the sliding mounts if anybody wants to trade as well.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I sent off my brackets and sliders with my stock seats when I sold them, they guy said "he thought the sale included them" dunno what he needed em for, but i wasn't gonna make a sale go sour over brackets/sliders.
Corbea brackets with sliders go for 78.50 for our application.
Side mounts will not let the seat slide, but they are a good amount lighter, stronger, and safer. They also offer hight adjustability. A freind has Sparco Evo's and those seats fit me like a glove, I should have bought those.
Kevin, I cannot sell the seats, as they are all I have to put in the car at the moment.
~Eyal
Old 10-18-2005, 02:36 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
I sent off my brackets and sliders with my stock seats when I sold them, they guy said "he thought the sale included them" dunno what he needed em for, but i wasn't gonna make a sale go sour over brackets/sliders.
Corbea brackets with sliders go for 78.50 for our application.
Side mounts will not let the seat slide, but they are a good amount lighter, stronger, and safer. They also offer hight adjustability. A freind has Sparco Evo's and those seats fit me like a glove, I should have bought those.
Kevin, I cannot sell the seats, as they are all I have to put in the car at the moment.
~Eyal
Eyal, you should consider sourcing a manual seat slider from one of the dismantlers here on the list (Todd, Ian's, etc) and using that for your drivers seat. I know you can get it low enough. You really don't need a slider for the passenger seat, so do a custom hard mount to the floor for that seat.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Jeremy,
I may try and do that. I may just side mount it was well (hey, it IS lighter)
btw, I sent you PM.
Shaheed, don't worry about it!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Originally Posted by shaheed
sorry if i'm hijacking eyal, i have a pair of corbeau forzas with the sliding mounts if anybody wants to trade as well.
PM me a price, interested in trading (+$$$) for stock black leather seats in excellent shape?

Quick Reply: Interested in trading FX-1 pro's