Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Broadfoot SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by schip43
No man that's to easy! It's better to keep dumping on the dip wads, in an effort to shame them back inline!
On second thought, that sounds like a better idea!! Death to all vendors that have had any problems with customers! Err, wait... Then there would be no more vendors...
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If customers can get no response from a vendor after days, weeks, or months after multiple attempts, then the vendor deserves nothing less than being judged in a public forum such as this. It's their choice... fix the problem or get a bad reputation and lose potential future customers.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:11 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

zims is the best autoparts store i have ever dealt with.

love paragon, german, suncoast, sunset and zims.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:47 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black51
On second thought, that sounds like a better idea!! Death to all vendors that have had any problems with customers! Err, wait... Then there would be no more vendors...
So this is a debate on not calling out poor vendors?

Are SFR and Broadfoot Racing in some kind of internet black hole? Sooo, they are unable to offer an explanation as to why the **** poor customer service? Maybe they don't know or forgot about Rennlist?

These cars are problematic enough to work on without the added complication and headaches of being ripped off for parts!

If there are vendors out there screwing people over; I'd want to know about them but hey maybe that's just me?
Old 10-08-2011, 12:51 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black51
PS... No one is perfect, problems can always arise, the good guys take the extra step to make things right!

Just saying.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott H
...You'll rarely hear from satisfied customers, but as soon as one person has something negative to say then that becomes gospel. This is only amplified by the medium through which we're trying to communicate given the propensity towards groupthink on forums.
It used to be don't upset a customer, as they will tell 10 ppl, but these days every customer is a broadcaster that could reach millions, so the need to provide great customer service has never been more important for a business.

However it's also worth thinking about how tough it is for a niche business these days, and although they may not be perfect, that they are there for our needs, and without them, we often simply cannot get access to the goods and services they provide.

peace
Cyberpunky
Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

All I'm saying is I've had a good experience with SFR. None with Broadfoot. It doesn't seem to me Tim(SFR) was out to screw me over when buying parts from him. I spoke to him on the phone about what I wanted and all was good.

I agree that if multiple people continuously get screwed over by the same vendor, then yes, I would likely go with someone else. Just like hearing the rep from Broadfoot; perhaps I won't go with them for stuff, but I wouldn't have a problem ordering something through SFR if need be, based on MY own experience, not anyone else's.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 PM
pc2006
4th Gear

Thumbs down Broadfoot

May just not have the skills.....after 30,000 miles your car will leak oil if broadfoot did it.....he's not that good!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 151 Posts

my buddy just bought a turbo from broadfoot and he was promised by the owner it was perfect
. He paid his shop to instal the turbo. Wouldnt you know as soon as they started the car the turbo seals were all bad. Anyone that buys anything from them should have there head examined
Old 03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

my buddy just bought a turbo from broadfoot and he was promised by the owner it was perfect
. He paid his shop to instal the turbo. Wouldnt you know as soon as they started the car the turbo seals were all bad. Anyone that buys anything from them should have there head examined
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve113
Originally Posted by Steve113
So it was either double trouble or they bought 2 turbos
Old 03-25-2012, 11:33 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by pc2006
May just not have the skills.....after 30,000 miles your car will leak oil if broadfoot did it.....he's not that good!
I am always wary of fist time posters accusing vendors, can you prove your statement? I had a guy posting on the pelican forums for the first time accusing me of selling a defective line, if it wasn't because he gave his identity away by posting a picture of a burned car that he had for sale in parts on ebay (mike homocan aka damiza318 aka pre****cion motor sports) some people would have believe the lame attack to ruins someone reputation.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

PorrshaNo he bought 1 turbo from them. Suppose to be perfect and rebuilt it was far from it.

Lart- I agree with what you say but this is first hand not through the rumor mill. Could it be an honest mistake ? who knows but when you have bad press already the common business sense says be very careful of what goes out . Try and change the bad reputation . I guess at the very least they have no business sense.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
dnovak
Racer

I still have not received the last part they told me was in the mail,,,,,, that was last august
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
I am always wary of fist time posters accusing vendors, can you prove your statement? I had a guy posting on the pelican forums for the first time accusing me of selling a defective line, if it wasn't because he gave his identity away by posting a picture of a burned car that he had for sale in parts on ebay (mike homocan aka damiza318 aka pre****cion motor sports) some people would have believe the lame attack to ruins someone reputation.
You're right, Luis. Broadfoot is a great company.

Quick Reply: Broadfoot SUCKS!