Old 10-03-2005, 01:55 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toddk911
"You see, I have an "unlimited" supply of that go go juice"

Do you need my mailing address???????
Well, with that avatar of yours, I would think you need tons. Maybe if you're good this year, Santa can pop on by with a few 5 gallon buckets for ya!

Old 10-03-2005, 03:39 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you mail stuff like Xylene??? or have to go on a hazmat truck???

Anyway, awesome project your embarking on. I just wish when I had to get a new turbo I had the cash to go with Vitesse. Although, I would still like to have him take care of some MAF chips for me, but I have 450cc injectors and the LR Super 75 Turbo, so he wasn't sure he could get the chips that close, so I would be doing a lot of tuning anyway.

Although if John is reading I would be happy to take a weekend drive to Atlanta if that would help

What is his new "wasted spark" ???
Old 10-03-2005, 03:51 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Toddk911, As I mentioned before, I can modify the software to support any injector size up to 93# (working on 95#). Your injectors are 42# aren't they? Then you have a MAF that we must know its curve to program the chips.. So, we are doing a custom chip, which can get expensive. The best solution is to use a MAF we supply and upgrade your injectors... (actually we can work with your injectors, but I think they are undersized for your application).

First wasted spark kit shipped last week. I'll update everyone as I have more info.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:18 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Oh ok. Yea, I see that the cost might be better with your MAF/Chip package as opposed to doing a custom chip.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
RK951
Rennlist Member

John,
Regarding your wasted spark product for the 951, can you summarize the benefits of switching from a distributor to wasted spark? Is there a downside to wasted spark?
TIA
Old 10-05-2005, 02:40 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wasted Spark?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:42 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The distributor uses ONE coil, which operates on every spark. Using multiple coils can eliminate the distributor: one per cylinder, or one per cylinder pair. The wasted spark method fires two cylinders (pairs) simultaneously, one in the exhaust and one in the firing cycle. There are coils available with two high-tension leads for this purpose. The differences between a distributor system and a multi-coil (MC) system are:

1) Wasted spark firing eliminates the distributor and its associated mechanical faults.

2) Multi-coil (wasted spark) systems have only ONE spark gap, and deliver more spark energy.

3) Multi-coil systems deliver more spark energy, because each coil has more time for re-charging.

or in regular guy terms DEFASTEST can go DEFASTER because of hotter spark at exactly the right time.
Now, what is John doing specifically? We shall see.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:46 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe I swear you are in the dark ages man!

Do a google or search on here for the technical on it... here is how I did it.

I used EVO coils and made a ally bracket myself to mount them... no more distributor or rotor. I am planning on moving to coil on plug.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Ehall, your the best. I understood that. Between these boards and Powerhaus I've learned everything I know. Which isn't much. I did do a ton of research before going to Powerhaus to build my car so I know where to go to get things done when you want to have work done for you. Also, I get the best price even though I spend a bit, I also get the best deals when doing so.

Machtig Turbo, I am in the dark ages. Completely. My world revolves around business and women. Always has, always will. I spend most of my time building relationships with people who have what I need and in return want to do business with me so that we both, all, profit from the relationship. That way I make enough money to do the crazy things I do with my car, to travel, start new businesses, play with women, etc. Here I get to be a nice guy, naive to a lot of the mechanics of what makes out cars go fast. As far as business, if you have something that I want, you better give it to me or I will take it from you. Nothing personal, just business. I'm in the dark ages with my car as I have no clue on how to work on it. At the same time I listen and learn all I can from these boards so I can pay someone to do what I want to my car. In fact, after a ton of research, I believe I've found a way to be able to turn up the boost on our cars over 30psi without ever damaging the motor as a daily driver. I'm going to seriously look further into Vitesse products and see how far I can take my car. Especially since Rob is doing it first. I look forward to see how it turns out. OMG! I had no idea I went and rambled here. Sorry.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

cont. it allows you to adjust the exact time that the spark fires, creating optimum burn which creates optimum horse power. It neither fires to early, before the piston/mixture is optimum, nor too late after the piston has begun downward, losing compression.

How it is timed, that's Vitesse stuff.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"In fact, after a ton of research, I believe I've found a way to be able to turn up the boost on our cars over 30psi without ever damaging the motor as a daily driver."

Possible, but in Vegas heat, at altitude above sea level, you're going to be walking a VERY fine line. One day maybe less. It will take a hell of a lot of additional cooling and tuning though.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:25 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

It sounds like that's the equivilent to twin plug motors like Powerhaus and other big builders were using without the need for distributors.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:46 AM
IanS
Instructor

Looks nice Machtig. I'd like to see more on how you wired and intalled your setup, especially once you do coil on plug. About how much did the parts cost?

-Ian

Originally Posted by Machtig Turbo
Joe I swear you are in the dark ages man!

Do a google or search on here for the technical on it... here is how I did it.

I used EVO coils and made a ally bracket myself to mount them... no more distributor or rotor. I am planning on moving to coil on plug.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
In fact, after a ton of research, I believe I've found a way to be able to turn up the boost on our cars over 30psi without ever damaging the motor as a daily driver.
30 psi on pump..like Markus951 already have done? What else is new? Race gas is for guys that can't tune...
Old 10-05-2005, 04:01 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ian,

Its just a set of used EVO coils ($40), I made the bracket, and a set of Magnacor wires... I have a Link standalone and it uses a duel channel igniter obviously. When I go coil on plug I will need one of the Performance Developments sync cam.

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool