Just tell the Tool to put a dyno in his shop

Nice sig
Old 11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Well, it looks like ST will be done with the Wasted Spark on my car this week. If he does, I'll be visiting his race shop and will drive/tune the car with him. This will be the first time I've driven the car since both the WS & VR Stage 5 turbo were installed. I will definately take some pics and update my web site. Once I drive it, I can give some "drivability" feedback as to how it performs now too. If we have time, and the shop can fit us in, I hope to hit the dyno too with ST - but we shall see. I'm getting pretty excited though...

dont be crazy.

we need video
Old 11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

double post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

David: Nice sig? I had to follow your suit pal! Ha ha!

And I dont know if we can hit the dyno, it would be nice. I am just excited to see how the car drives. Either way I'll take some pics though. But of course the dyno would be great too.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I met Ted down at Road Atlanta, he said your car was in pristine condition, had to be the most perfect 951 on the planet.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by David Floyd
I met Ted down at Road Atlanta, he said your car was in pristine condition, had to be the most perfect 951 on the planet.
Ted told me he met you there. It must have been neat to meet everyone.

Trust me David, it took me 10 months to find the car I have now. Lots of research to get the one I wanted. But yes, my car is in pristine shape too. Both ST and Ted have seen it and can attest to it.

But do you remember the guy on here recently who bought that 1988S with 5K original miles on it? Now that car must be out of a time capsule! Probably makes mine with 30K on it look like a total dog.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:34 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default The Project Is Almost Done...

Well, I just wanted to give a status update and then let this thread lay low until spring. As some of you may know, I got my car back from ST about 1 month ago. Unfotunately because of several things going on with him and me, we didnt have the time to finish the car. Im crazy at work, hes busy with his race shop, and the winter is coming - so we were rushed. I will say this though about how the car drives now since I have the Vitesse Racing Stage 5 & Wasted Spark. It's hard for me to really guage one to another, because we installed them both on at the same time. Anyway, the car idles like a damn champ. When it warms up, Im ready to rev it. And let me tell you, with that WS, the frickin car is like a damn N/A! I am so not kidding. You just touch the damn peddle and the tach spins like no tomorrow. It is just insane. I swear it's as responsive as an N/A car!! Bar none, an absolute fabulous mod, which I have yet to realize it's full potential. Next, is John's turbo. I only got to drive it one time, and the boost was turned down like 12/13 PSI? I will say this, the turbo spools up faster, recovers quicker between shifts, and pulls harder than my old Lindsey Super 75, bar none!!! The Lindsey was a great turbo, so don't get me wrong, but you "cannot" even begin to compare it to the custom turbo John made for me. And once again, I havent begun to really tune the car, or put the boost up. I'll say this too, and ST can vouch for this, at 12/13 PSI in 3rd gear with 265's in the back (I know, I know, I need wider ones!) we can "easily" spin the wheels into a complete burnout. My car never ever did that before at such a low PSI, never. And yes, when the car is tuned and done, I will have tons of quantifiable and empircal data to support my "seat of the butt dyno" comments. There's definatley one good habit I picked up from ST - datalog eveything and analyze it over and over again, and make adjusments accordingly. He is a perfectionist and so damn **** it's pathetic - a great trait I might add too.

Anyway, the car is away for the winter. In NJ, we have a good amount of snow, so the car is back in it's glass box. We will have to wait until Spring so I can get back together with ST and finish it up. We are 99.9% there and I can wait until Spring! So I need to thank once again ST and all the time he put into the car, and without a doubt John for his top notch products and his excellent customer support.

It's going to be a long winter........ Is spring here yet?

Thanks for reading this everyone and cheers.

Last edited by RolexNJ; 12-12-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

You need to keep your car in my garage for the winter.

Ok, ok, I need you to keep your car in my garage.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey rolex there's no snow in atlanta and you could have mr. vitesse himself sitting in the passenger seat....just an idea...
Old 12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by shaheed
hey rolex there's no snow in atlanta and you could have mr. vitesse himself sitting in the passenger seat....just an idea...
Trust me, it's passed my mind a thousand times. Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire like our buddy Defastest951 (Joe), and can jet-set around anywhere with an unlimited budget. You guys are so lucky to live down there, and near John too. I can't stand this time of year in the N.E.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:46 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=RolexNJ] Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire like our buddy Defastest951 (Joe), and can jet-set around anywhere with an unlimited budget. QUOTE]

Big sissy, drive that thing down there. I drove from Chicago to John's house, in less than 1 day. Should take you about 8 hrs.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

ted did it in less than a day (although he drove at night) and he's further away than you are.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:05 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

CT to FL in 17 hrs, Chicago to Atlanta 10.5 hr...

Its not far, boring but not far..
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When does the snow clear up "yonder"

Early spring dyno day in Hotlanta ??
Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David Floyd
When does the snow clear up "yonder"

Early spring dyno day in Hotlanta ??
Chicago? or NJ ?

We have about 8" but the roads are dry. I'll drive down for dyno day.

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool