Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: 1,036rwhp 183cubic inches, DAILY DRIVER

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 06:27 PM
MR951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I wish people could have a more broad love for cars like I do sometimes. Doesnt matter weither its a 951 or a cobra or a neon....I can appreciate when something is done correctly..and has a real market. Most people seem to bash what they dont understand....

I agree. Seems like so many here are quick to put down anything if its not a 951. Similarly if you go to the WRX boards and talk about Evos or just about any other car then they get put down too. It is an expected response on just about any enthusiast site.

What I do find discouraging is that it is more prevalent here than on the other boards! I don't know if some of the people here are more immature or if they have a chip on their shoulder because they don't drive a 911. I can talk about and compare my 951 to the other cars I own (or have owned) on the MR2 and WRX boards and for the most part the response is that of a car enthusiast eager to learn and discuss. Not so here.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:25 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR951
I agree. Seems like so many here are quick to put down anything if its not a 951. Similarly if you go to the WRX boards and talk about Evos or just about any other car then they get put down too. It is an expected response on just about any enthusiast site.

What I do find discouraging is that it is more prevalent here than on the other boards! I don't know if some of the people here are more immature or if they have a chip on their shoulder because they don't drive a 911. I can talk about and compare my 951 to the other cars I own (or have owned) on the MR2 and WRX boards and for the most part the response is that of a car enthusiast eager to learn and discuss. Not so here.
I would have to agree and yes it is very sad. I saw a thread earlier about a TL vs a 951...everyone and their brother could do nothing but, talk bad about the TL. My friend drives a TL let me tell you.....thats one quick freggin car and does just fine in the twistes.

You would think being a porsche board more people would be educated about auto's in general and not stick to what they like and dont like. If someone posts about a car beating a 951 in some area here come twenty people to say why its not true.

Like the 951 is gods gift to turns and racing. lol.

God forbid something out perform a 951 and if it isint german...well that just simply can't happen can it?

Maybe its because most of this boad is younger? I dunno? Younger people tend to bash what they dont like....instead of researching and finding love for a car not their own.

I agree about the boards in general though. Any board you go to thats specfic...it seems like it go's without saying..if you talk about another car on there you get bashed.

As much love as I have for the supra...go to supraforums...lol. Its a perfect example of why auto people just dont get along. If you go to different sections of rennlist I dont think its as bad. I think we are a young group filled with hotheads.

BTW before anyone tries to come and flame me proving my point more so....the above comments dont pertain to all of you. I have been on this board for several years now and I must say some people here get it. Not everyone here is a idiot....and when it comes to 951's very few are. Some of the members here can talk to you about any car....american,german,jap,ect.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:19 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

http://www.badassride.com/video.wmv
Old 07-05-2005, 07:20 PM
jf951
Instructor

i simply don't understand why our cars blow h.g.'s, detonate on pump gas, etc at high boost and have the characteristics of a hand grenade but supras can pump in incredible psi and drive it all day everyday? making big rwhp. it's not simply the additional 500cc of displacement. what is it?
my other car is a lexus ls400 and i love that 4.0 32v v8.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:35 PM
special tool
Banned

JF - we have had a slew of knuckleheads offering us parts - we are lucky to finally have some good help now.
The Supra market is larger, so they have more smart dudes

I will post a 525 RWHP dynojet chart before the end of '05 with stock displacement - that's decent, at least for starters.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:51 PM
ApexCars
Pro

I can tell you for sure that Supra's suck *** and that 951's are better! How do I know, it's because I'm 6'6" and I can't fit in a god damn Supra. So there!

Hhhhmmm, maybe with a racing seat custom installed all the way back and then tilted at an angle. Might work, then they wouldn't suck anymore.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:24 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

jf951,
"detonate on pump gas"

all engines will grenade if the fuel octane is not high enough for the amount of boost used

"but supras can pump in incredible psi and drive it all day everyday?"
"what is it?"

They're using race gas to achieve their numbers and quite often only running very high boost for very short periods at a time.
That's not what I would call: "drive it all day everyday"

In fact, this would be the only issue I have: these supra posts are not good apples to apples comparisons.
Am I impressed with the power output achieved? Absolutely! Although some claims are exagerated (had to get that in there)
I'm also impressed with 5000 hp dragsters.
I'm also impressed with fighter jets and rockets.
However, are these user friendly? No they're not!
Not in the way that you can take your 1000 hp car, take it to any gas pump, drive it across the country or the grocery store, take it to the track for an hour of a full power session, or whatever you wanna do with your sports car, and have the 1000 hp available to you at all times no matter what, and without fear of maybe needing a rebuilt soon.
That would be a true 1000 hp car!

This has nothing to do with me being a Porsche owner. I would be saying the same thing about a 3.0L 951 built up and handling 35 psi and race gas.

porshhhh951, it's your turn
Old 07-05-2005, 10:39 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

haha. Great post and good argument. Although your infomation is still a little jaded.

For one their are plenty of single turbo supras that make great power on pump fuel. 550-600rwhp. Some make more than 600hp on pump fuel. So to say that all supras make their power on race is a a matter of opinion.

Any car making 700hp is on race fuel. Or some time of additive.....that just go's without saying. There arent many 600hp pump gas 951's out there are their...oh wait...that's right there arent any.

Are their any 3.0ltr 951's out there making 600hp on pump fuel....oh wait thats right there arent any. You dont really need 800hp..sorry you dont. If you want to talk about exaggerated race fuel #'s thats fine...we dont even need to go their...their pump fuel #'s speak volumes about the car.

Oh wait now ofcourse you will tell me 600hp on pump fuel isint impressive or the norm? lol. Dont. I could post so many track times setup's and videos it would keep this thread going on for days. There is plenty of documation out there to support what I am saying.

I think jim is being more honest about it. The supra community is a much larger one than 951's. They have tons more companies out there dong research and development for the car at all times, Because their is a huge market for the car. Where as our car's the market is very very small in comparision. Does that mean that someday maybe you will see common 500hp 2.5ltr 951's out on the road....no prolly not. Because the average 951 owner isint willing to spend the money a average supra owner is. And lets be honest...speed is about one thing MONEY.

Our car's do well for the money we have in them. Very well if I say so myself. But, the average supra costs more than double what average 951 does. Its just a better plateform to build from thats all. The market is just too small. We dont have people waiting to drop 50k on their 951 at the drop of the hat. Now we have a few but, in the supra community the average car totals are in the 30 grand range. For car and 10k in upgrades and these guys that are making crazy 1000hp well....they money is off the chart I am sure. 50k isint out of the question.

Our cars just cost more to get less. Hell there are people with 50grand in their 951's....you do see them with 700hp. The supra is just a better plateform for hp plain and simple. Some will like the car some will hate it. Hey thats just the way it is.

Most people talk about things they dont know about. On the internet its common. I promise you if some of the people that talk so much crap about the supra actually had first hand expeirence with the car they would be saying the same thing. "wow thats cool" "thats pretty impressive" instead you get all this bs 3rd grade stuff. Its a pig...it sucks, it cant handle, it cant stop,ect.

To each their own arguing with someone who obviously doesnt know its kind of pointless. The only thing I could offer is to come down to my neck of the woods and ride in a supra that has 1500 invested in it.

1500 bucks in a supra gets you 360hp on pump fuel and 400 on race. Thats intake,exhaust,and manual boost controller. If you wanted to add 1k to that I could get you 450hp on race fuel and 400hp on pump.

How many 951's out there have 2.5k-3k in their 951's making 450hp on any gas .....I dont care which. The fact is its just a better plateform. Its up to you to decide what you like and dont like.

btw I could cut those costs down some if you were willing to buy used parts. In 1998 I got to drive my first ever supra. It was a 94 model tt with a 6pseed. It had intake,exahust,bov,BCC(boost cut controller), 264 cams and cam gears. Total investment was 3.5k(cause he had the work done by a shop) and that included dyno tuning. It made 460rwhp on 21psi and race fuel. The car drove so smoothly and idled so well. It was quiet and felt solid.

Merge onto the freeway and lit it up in 3rd gear at 60mph...it just pulled with freight train tq shifted to 4th ran for a few more seconds and look down. Im was doing nearly 130mph....and it was done so effortlessly. The car just likes to go and is user friendly.

People spend too much time getting their panites in a wad about #'s or names ect. Who the **** cares....I mean really cares at the end of the day. If you cant give repsect thats your problem.

I like ANYTHING that is done well. I mean I like everything from built civic's to porsche race cars. I have just grown up I guess. I realize it just really doesnt matter. Everyone is here for the same reason. They love cars and speed. I dont care where it comes from......most people sadly do. At their own demise. They cant look past their own ego....so they hate on other cars...or their owners.

Seems like everyone is so quick to bash anything that isint wearing a badge they aprove of. That go's for anyone.

Love your car people but, dont bash something else if you arent even going to take the time to really learn about it.

Turbo tommy if you really want links to all kinds of supras....ones that are mostly stock to singled cars....and you really want real info I can give it to you. I have a feeling though you really dont give a ****...and thats fine.

<still looking for clean mostly stock 93.5-98 supra 6speed TT. I am sure I will come across the right deal someday.

I will make sure i post all about it on here when I do. That way people can post up about how crapy the car is.

Ah I will love doing a video supra vs 951. haha....I wonder how that would go.

peace fellas....take care of yourselves...you too turbo tommy.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:53 AM
jf951
Instructor

well said, special tool, turbo tommy and porshhhh951, its a matter of what is your quest and budget.
well i'm getting 6,000-horsepower for $65 - uh admission ticket for the autolite NHRA final at Infineon Raceway in sonoma, the fastest-accelerating vehicles on the planet.that should settle the issue for me.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jf951
well said, special tool, turbo tommy and porshhhh951, its a matter of what is your quest and budget.
well i'm getting 6,000-horsepower for $65 - uh admission ticket for the autolite NHRA final at Infineon Raceway in sonoma, the fastest-accelerating vehicles on the planet.that should settle the issue for me.

haha nice.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:30 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Apex I am 6'6" as well and I fit just fine a supra with race seats. Never ridden in a stock one though. One other thing people are missing is supras with stock turbos and very basic mods are making in the 400+ rwhp on pump gas. That is very good if you ask me. I am like John I love all vehicles if they are well done.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:00 AM
MR951
Racer

Originally Posted by ApexCars
I can tell you for sure that Supra's suck *** and that 951's are better! How do I know, it's because I'm 6'6" and I can't fit in a god damn Supra. So there!
Using that logic then my 951 sucks *** 'cause I'm 5'4" and I have to move the seat too far forward to get a driving position. Supras are better. So there!
Old 07-06-2005, 03:59 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

I dont think he was trying to be serious MR951. I think he was just making a joke

haha
Old 07-06-2005, 05:08 AM
m21sniper
Banned

My neighbor has an 89 Supra that puts out 1300hp at 50psi.

He gave me a ride in it once. It was terrifying.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:10 AM
m21sniper
Banned

"Apex I am 6'6" as well and I fit just fine a supra with race seats. Never ridden in a stock one though. One other thing people are missing is supras with stock turbos and very basic mods are making in the 400+ rwhp on pump gas."

Grand nationals and T-types will get you mid 400hp on pump gas with bolt-ons too.

IMO MUCH cooler looking cars than Supras.

Quick Reply: OT: 1,036rwhp 183cubic inches, DAILY DRIVER