Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks man, i need all the luck i can get hahah
Old 07-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

what are talking about? hes a porsche ***** because he said jap cars arent great.
well. ive got news for you. they ARENT. i have no idea how ANYONE in there right mind would try to make a civic a fast car...my grandparents civic STRUGGLES to hit 95 mph on a flat road. it handles like ****. and is generally an all around pos. if hondas were meant for performance theyd have atleast some radeeming qualities from the factorys. but all i see are air boxes the size of houses. exhaust you cant roll a marble through, and suspension that belongs more on a horse drawn carraige than a car. and to top it off....they are all FWD. blech.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:14 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

and turbox. that little festiva project IS cool. but as far as im concerned. if it doesnt have the stock motor, its not the festiva doing it.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:39 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

b6 is a stock motor that came in the ford festiva, and they used that motor and put a turbo on it (b6t) for the heavier cars. So it is indeed a stock motor but, there is no kidding that of corse the festiva isn't moving it self! thats what is so fun about modifying cars! If your goal is to make the car go fast in a straight lane then that is your goal. If you are building it to go straight then why should it matter so much with what people say that it "can't handle for any thing". That is basically saying that a drag car sucks because it can not go through a chicane at 150 mph?

Also campeck im not saying he is a ***** because he hates jap cars. I am not saying he is a ***** at all. I am saying that most Porsches owners think they are better than any jap car every built. And they have no faith in a jap car becoming something that might scare a 993 , 951, 996 or what ever. I think that any one who says japanese cars can't handle or go fast they should turn on speed vision the next the the speed touring class is racing. Those mazdas, and all other japanese cars stay with and walk all over those bmw's and pull very very quick times at least at my local track (limerock).

I think it is just retarded for people to think cars that from from japan or where ever else just doesn't compete with porsches and bmws. The fact is, is that they are just cars meant for average people, and with some real work and parts that are 1/8th the price of german parts they can become very quick and also very fast.

Last note, just because a car is FWD doesn't mean it handles crappy. I personally like the RWD a lot more and thats ok. But lets not forget that the 911 is RWD yet it is one of the hardest cars to drive (fast). You have to know what you are doing and i guess that is why a lot of porsche owners think they are so much better.

Sorry to completely hi-jack this thread but i just wanted to say what i had to say. Not every one is the same i guess.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:56 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

haha campack's modded 944 vs a stock FD,Vr4,MKIV supra turbo,ect. There are great jap cars ment for muscle from the factory...ment to turn or ment to go fast.

haha....JGTC anyone. Ignorance is bliss only if your the one ignorant...everyone else has to put up with your non-sense.

< laughing and spit out some sprite when I read what campack had to say
Old 07-17-2005, 10:24 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Have you ever heard of a honda called the S2k or how bout this one an NSX. Hey those are rear wheel drive and will out handle almost all Porsche stock for stock. FD's are incredible handling cars, Mr2 Turbos are as well. Do some research buddy there are some Japanese cars that will out handle and outperform German car. Oh and they don't break as much, unless you are talking about the FD. That said this thread as with every other thread on here that mentions a Japanese car is completely out of hand. Oh and Camp what about your car it won't have a stock motor so I guess its not a 944 doing it and wait most of us with 951s aren't stock so I guess are cars aren't doing it.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:28 PM
MR951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Campeck
what are talking about? hes a porsche ***** because he said jap cars arent great.
well. ive got news for you. they ARENT. i have no idea how ANYONE in there right mind would try to make a civic a fast car...my grandparents civic STRUGGLES to hit 95 mph on a flat road. it handles like ****. and is generally an all around pos. if hondas were meant for performance theyd have atleast some radeeming qualities from the factorys. but all i see are air boxes the size of houses. exhaust you cant roll a marble through, and suspension that belongs more on a horse drawn carraige than a car. and to top it off....they are all FWD. blech.
what year is that civic? i hope you don't consider a double wishbone suspension something that belongs on a "horse drawn carraige". also what do you mean by "they are all FWD"? If you're refering to Japanse cars you are very mistaken and if you're refering only to Hondas then you are wrong again.

edit: BTW a FWD Integra Type R would kick your a$$ on a track. My old '91 SE-R was another good handling FWD car.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:33 PM
special tool
Banned

I love Hondas - I am going to take my 2-stroke Baja 250cc trike to the dyno with the nitrous kit and .040 over - I think I can get 85 RWHP out of it.
I'll post the chart.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

lol. everyone.

porscheeee= im happy to make you laugh
mr95= i wasnt very clear in my first post. i geuss what i mean is that all these ******** that want to turn there civics into crazy cars and then brag about it. i know there are some nice jap cars. but those cars are mazdas/.......and maybe some others.
blackturbo= same thing.

really...i geuss im just pissed at all the frikin punks at my school spitting at my car and bragging about their sisters nissan maxima.

sorry guys.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:30 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Campeck
know there are some nice jap cars. but those cars are mazdas.......and maybe some others.
sorry guys.
Honda NSX, Honda S2k, Acura integra type R and GSR, toyota mr2 turbo,toyota supra turbo,mitsu eclipse GSX & GST, mitsu 3000GT vr4.

There are also numerous other honda's acura's that seriously perform out of the box. That new acura TL is a real piece.

I think you need to realize that while there are ecobox's that doesnt give you the right to say all jap cars suck....because it makes your sound ignorant. You should watch JGTC. It would open your eyes. The jap's are serious racer's and its a real way of life over there. Road racing, drifting,drag racing..ect.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:09 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

John well said. On that note I have said my piece and I am done for now.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Talking

Speaking of Eddie:

I saw him run on TV a few times.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:55 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"that little festiva project IS cool. but as far as im concerned. if it doesnt have the stock motor, its not the festiva doing it."

Yea, I saw agree with this about ANY car project. Putting a Viper motor in a Yugo and running 11's or 180mph is not a a YUGO doing that. Now if you get it register as a new vehicle (Shelby) then you are ok. I.e. The Ian Cobra
Old 08-01-2005, 01:06 PM
d993
Racer

Originally Posted by TurboX
Wow spoken like a true porsche and mainly just a 911 owner. First off you can make any (or most) cars handle awesome. Even if they do spend the thousands of $'s they still will be below a 35k$ 993. I hope some day a evo 8 or a STI that has some upgrades fallows you on some back roads and just blows you away because those cars handle amazingly and have enough power to stay and pass you with you.

I can't belive you think these "projects" are stupid! I am in the process of trying to make a 12 second 1/4 mile ford festiva and if you do not think that is awesome well i don't know what is wrong with you. Its projects like this 1000 hp supra and even my crappy 100$ festiva that make owning cars so amazing. You need to open your eyes man.

-Ian
Yes, a lot of these punks are stupid, because they end up putting $30k worth of mods in a Camry or Accord!
Gee, where did the term "owned" come from? Racing for slips?
Did I ever claim to be the fastest? NO.
Everyone knows you can always make something else faster if you spent the time and $. I know there are a lot of EVO's and STi's out there that can beat my 993. Actually one of my friends has a 600hp EVO. He runs high 10's. So? It doesn't bother me one bit! His girlfriend still prefers my 911 over his 600hp EVO, much to his dismay..............
Yes, you can build your Festiva to beat my 993, so what?
I can sell the wheels off my 993, buy a high mileage $800 Audi 5000CSQ, and after spending $50 and 4-6 hrs , I can run mid to high 12's in the 1/4 at 112mph+, and have a 165mph+ top speed (safely).
I did just that back in '93 when I was only 19. Did it make sense?
Yes, I was 19.
You want more examples? I have plenty!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 AM
d993
Racer

Originally Posted by toddk911
Speaking of Eddie:

I saw him run on TV a few times.
I saw him run live, at the Commerce dragway, Nopi Nationals back in '98.
He took on a old turbocharged Bug.
The Bug beat him off the line (Eddie couldn't floor it off the line cause he didn't have wheelie bars), but he caught up about 1/2 way down and just pulled like crazy at higher speed.
I don't think he did better than 4.5 from 0-60mph, but in the 1/4 mile, he did a 10.02 @ 154 that day.

Quick Reply: OT: 1,036rwhp 183cubic inches, DAILY DRIVER