Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clear markers and signal lenses for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait a minute, people.

zerMatt951, who happens to be a Lifetime Member of Rennlist, started this whole idea of an alternative to the clear lenses offered by the Swedes. Klears may not be doing the politics of Rennlist all that well, but why should she and he? Hey, they are vendor that was asked if they could make the lenses by a Rennlister. Their answer was, "sure, but we need deposits on a few sets of lenses to justify making the molds. And we need the originals to use to make the molds."

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all. I see it as going out of their way to sign up on Rennlist and explain what they can do for what is likely going to be a small potatos run. Join Rennlist as a paying member? Are you crazy? Why, they are not into Porsches, as far as I know. I guess they could join and then just charge all the customers here a few extra bucks to pay for the membership.

Be realistic, and if you wanted the lens alternatives you are probably going to scare them off acting like this. Who wants to work with a bunch of customers that are on your *** even before you start doing business with them?

Now the product quality and whether they will deliver and this will not become another valve stem cap group buy, well, you pays your money and takes your chances. Take a look at other vehicle lens work they have done.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:54 PM
BoostGuy951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 100%. Klearz, don't be scared away, there are plenty of actual customers here.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:57 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Don't get me wrong, I want a set and will pay. I agree with sam somewhat, she might not know who John is, but his name has been mentioned multiple times in this thread giving some signifiagnce of who he is.

Sorry if it came out wrong. I've put my deopsit down.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:59 PM
rickb20
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default not looking good...customer service and/or organization lacking

Klearz,

I'm the guy that introduced my fellow Renlisters to your company. I would like to offer some constructive cricism which might help you to pull this deal off.

Obviously, as you've already stated, interest in a product of this type (and at the price point that you've promised) is very high, so it's in your best interest to "get it right".

We understand that you had a fire and that your operation was sent into a tailspin. However, I have personally sent you pictures of every type of lens that would be needed for all models of the 944, as well as descriptions of all the models to be matched up with those pictures. So far only a few of those photos show up on your website.

The "John" that several people have mentioned is the owner and originator of this list. You would do well to respect him and even seek his permission to post information here about your products. Rennlist is THE list for owners and enthusiasts of Porsches of all makes and models.

So far what I and others on the list are seeing is a lack of organization and rather shoddy customer service.

With all that having been said, you have an opportunity to turn things around here by just doing a few things well:

-Contact John D. for his approval of the sale of your products on his list ASAP.
-Provide samples showing the quality of your work to at least one reputable list member so that they can report back to the rest of us with objectivity - this is potentially a big deal for you - you should be able to produce at least one free set of lenses.
-Get all the details correct (models and lenses, etc.) BEFORE offering any products. You're going to need photos of your products on your website instead of the red or amber lenses that came stock on the 944.
-ALWAYS use proper grammar and spelling in all communication with the public - these little things greatly impact the impressions that others have of you, especially since they are the only means of communication in this case.

Sincerely,
Rick
Old 05-03-2005, 01:00 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

If I overreacted, I apologize. I see this kind of thing in my job repeatedly and it scares me. So, count me out, but you guys have a blast!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 PM
rickb20
Pro

Default cricism

-ALWAYS use proper grammar and spelling...

Of course I don't follow my own suggestions

criticism is the word I meant to use
Old 05-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Klearz
Advanced

#1 the lack or organisation is all due to the house fire. we lost everything.
we just got a computer again a few weeks ago.
so i do apologize for that. i have all those emails with the picture set aside and i do intend on updating the website with them when i get a minute.

#2 i have ZERO time to do all the suggestions from rickb20

#3 no disrespect for John, but i am not intersted in signing up or donating any money.

#4 i am not a typical business person. i dont use spell check, i dont use proper grammar, i use internet language since my business is internet base. i get critized for it and frankly i dont care

i really really really dont want to sound rude or cocky but i have alot of ppl after me for making them afordable lenses. so weather i do this project or not is not a huge deal to me. i do it for you guys. i am a car/truck person just like you guys. i customize my rides and i know i wouldnt want to pay 100$ for a 1x3 peice of plastic.

so if you guys are intersted in me producing some for you, provide me with oem lens and with 5 down payments. end of story. i garanty quality work. there are a few examples of our work on our website, alot of it was taken down since we not producing those products anymore since the molds were destroyed

i was invited here to sell a product. and if you guys are intersted in that, that is what i intentend to do.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Klearz
Advanced

correction there is no pictures on our site right now.
ill try to update it tonight to show products we had made before the fire.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:02 PM
rickb20
Pro

Default Hmm...still not looking good

>#1 the lack or organisation is all due to the house fire. we lost everything.
Understood..as I stated in my message.
>we just got a computer again a few weeks ago. so i do apologize for that. i >have all those emails with the picture set aside and i do intend on updating >the website with them when i get a minute.

>#2 i have ZERO time to do all the suggestions from rickb20
You have zero TIME or is it simply a lack of WILLINGNESS
-Contact John D. for his approval...Requires one email
-Provide samples showing the quality of your work...You're going to have to create the first set anyway - why not partner with a member
-Get all the details correct BEFORE offering any products. I've already given you all the info...put it on your site
-ALWAYS use proper grammar and spelling

>#3 no disrespect for John, but i am not intersted in signing up or donating any >money.Not required...just contact him to be sure he doesn't mind you using his list.

>#4 i am not a typical business person. i dont use spell check, i dont use >proper grammar, i use internet language since my business is internet base. i >get critized for it and frankly i dont care Don't expect anyone to take you seriously then.

>i really really really dont want to sound rude or cocky TOO LATE FOR THAT but i have alot of ppl >after me for making them afordable lenses. so weather i do this project or >not is not a huge deal to me. i do it for you guys. i am a car/truck person just >like you guys. i customize my rides and i know i wouldnt want to pay 100$ for >a 1x3 peice of plastic.

>so if you guys are intersted in me producing some for you, provide me with >oem lens and with 5 down payments. end of story. i garanty quality work. Not mentioned anywhere on your site? >there are a few examples of our work on our website Couldn't find any examples, alot of it was taken >down since we not producing those products anymore since the molds were >destroyed

>i was invited here to sell a product. and if you guys are intersted in that, that >is what i intentend to do.

Actually I invited Tina. Although I may be mistaken, you don't sound like her since she was always much nicer in her correspondence. I've lost all interest at this point and would rather shell out mega $$ to the Swedes and know that I'll get a quality product without all the attitude.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:10 PM
littlejt1
Racer

Well stated Rick!
I would love to get some of these and save some $$$...however, I run a supply chain operation for a large hospital, and you sometimes have to pay a little more for good quality, and equally as important CUSTOMER SERVICE...that includes being polite, and presenting you and your company in a positive light.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Klearz
Advanced

well i can start giving out refunds.
ppl who sent money let me know what you want to do.
doesnt matter to me

if added pictures of products we had in the past on the website
http://klearz.com/products.html

Last edited by Klearz; 05-03-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:21 PM
sharkmeister85
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Nice thread guys! Very entertaining reading. Thread should have been titled " How NOT to Do a Successful GB". A regular cluster f**k to be sure. So, do you get a new co-ordinator to replace the previously self-appointed "non co-ordinator" or is this GB DOA? I guess I'll tune back later for PtII.
Glenn

Old 05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Frank@Work
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't want a refund, I want affordable clear lenses.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Klearz
Advanced

well im trying to update my page.
have a look and let me know if i got anything wrong.
i find it all very confusing.

ttp://klearz.com/944.html

Matt Platts and Erik Dumas
i need to know if i have you in the right section, i split the turn signal into 2 sections.
951 or 944S2 and 944 NA and 944S
and wasnt quite sure which one you signed up for.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:58 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Looks better!

Quick Reply: Clear markers and signal lenses for cheap?