Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clear markers and signal lenses for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Klearz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no deposits yet.
no one has offered to send in their lens so if you can send yours that would be great.
send me ane mail

Originally Posted by Turbo16v
How many deposits do you have so far for the side marker lights. I want to order front and rear. If you only need a couple I will send two deposits. I can also send in the lenses if they have not already been sent.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:44 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

How are you accepting deposits. I don't have any extra lenses to send, doh!

SR
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tina,

I'm interested in the front turn signal lens, possibly the sides as well. Thanks
Old 03-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Klearz
Advanced

down payments on the site with paypal
http://klearz.com/944.html
Old 03-23-2005, 09:06 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You are accepting down payments on a product you have not even started to make yet? Is that normal? What if you cant make it for whatever reason? Or the cost ballons? Or you go out of business? You only have 15 posts here and are not a sponsor or member... sorry to be Mr Negative.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Klearz
Advanced

well i dont think that being a member or not is an issue.
we are a business and wether we have been posting on this forum or not doesnt really mean anything.

there arent many companies out there (i dont know anyone else but us who does this) that will make small runs like we do. and there is a cost associated with that, and that is asking for money upfront. we have to make sure that we sell a minimum of 5 lenses to pay for the cost of the molds. and down payments is the only way to assure that.

ive done plenty of other projects in the past where 20-30 ppl said they would buy the lens once we made them. so we went ahead and made them...and we sold 1 set so far. so we are not going down that road again.

a lens is a lens, there is no reason why we cant produce something as simple as a side marker or turn signal. however if for whatever reason we cant produce the lens we refund the money, thats a given.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:39 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Being a member does count here.

In the past, GB have seen people ripped off. The lenses are currently offered for sale by many outlets. I got mine off e-bay and the other set off Paragon Products. The tail lights have not been done by a company, just a local here. Maybe because of laws I suspect.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Klearz
Advanced

i guess i never mentioned it but im not interested in producing lenses that are already in production. we are here to fill the gap where no one is offering a certain lens in clear.

if ppl are worried about getting ripped off maybe we should get started on 1 project at a time. and you guys will see that there will be no problems.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:57 PM
NZ951
Race Director

You can still fill a gap by being price competitive, thats why you have the interest you do.

http://www.turnclear.com/start.html

This company have been making them for a while now.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:00 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Klearz
we are a business and wether we have been posting on this forum or not doesnt really mean anything.
Oh, boy, are you mistaken.

I may be able to get guys and gals to pony up deposits on a new project fairly easy but that is because I have a track record. People around here have been hurt by some suppliers so caution is the word as far as they are concerned.

there arent many companies out there (i dont know anyone else but us who does this) that will make small runs like we do.
There are.

and there is a cost associated with that, and that is asking for money upfront. we have to make sure that we sell a minimum of 5 lenses to pay for the cost of the molds. and down payments is the only way to assure that.
Which is fine and understandable. But see #1 for the trust factor.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have heard back from JohnD, he has blessed this GB. Now it's up to us to coordinate how to make it happen. I will be placing a deposit on the following for my 944 Turbo:

* Front side-markers (clear)
* Rear side-markers (clear)
* Front turn signals (clear)

I will also note my deposit that if we don't get the quantity 5 price (that means at least 5 deposits), that I am not interested.

Let's get this ball rolling...
Old 03-24-2005, 10:11 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tina,

Can you also review the pricing for us? The website says that each side-marker lens (front or rear) will be $40 if we get at least 5 buyers. That conflicts with information that was originally provided to one of our members from Klearz. The original statement was:
Originally Posted by rickb20
From Klearz: "Hi, I was browsing ebay and noticed the outrageous prices you guys have to pay for clear lenses for your porsches. We specialize in making clear lenses of all kinds for any type of vehicule. all we need is a stock lens to start with. i found some 944 and 968 side markers for 225$ on ebay, for a set of 4. i could easily make those for you guys at 100$ for the 4 lens. you guys get back to me if you are interested. www.klearz.com info@klearz.com"
For that statement to be true, our side-markers should be priced at $25 each. I don't know who it was from Klearz that made the statement, but I'm sure we could ask rickb20 for additional information if necessary.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Klearz
Advanced

wow i visited that site and that guy's prices are insane.
in that case i dont mind producing the product even if it already exists as i dont see how anyone would pay that much money for the side markers.

hmmm im not really sure what the issue is with the pricing. the original quote was 100$ for the 4 side markers, and now the price stated on the website is 40$ a set. which means 80$ for all 4. i can put it back at 100$ if you really want
Old 03-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Klearz
Advanced

i realize now that i have a glitch in my database.
whenever someone enters a different product for exactly the same model and year it doesnt create a new entry it just adds its to the existing one even if its not the same type of lens.

i am working on getting it fixed.

for now i was able to add an entry for the rear side marker using a different date format.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:15 PM
rickb20
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lens photos submitted to klearz

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've submitted the photos to Klearz so that they could update their website.

Please accept my apologies (or compliments) if you see one of your cars on there.

Sincerely,
Rick

Quick Reply: Clear markers and signal lenses for cheap?