Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clear markers and signal lenses for cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 03:33 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

those look great. screw the hater-aiders.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:23 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"They can be purchased OEM for around $110-$120 each all day long if you look around the 'net. Do you think they would be much cheaper than that from this company, considering the size of the fog lens compared to the turn signal lens, and the price they want for the signal lenses? Besides that, the foglight is glass. Do you think a plastic lens would be as clear and allow the beam to be projected properly?" Tifosiman

This ****ing cracks me up! You guys want a company , (out of their burned down garage) too produce a "semi-exact" replica of a lens that _Porsche was willing too invest their VERY significant name in, but you want it for less...from a group of people who have shown you ZERO results...in over three months minimum. AND...you have sent then "DOWN PAYMENTS" , BUT HAVE NOTING IN RETURN!

Klearz it's time for you too put up or shut up! Produce and let one of these customers give a testimony, or get the hell off this board. I don't care what your problems were. Business is business.

NO ONE SHOULD EVEN THINK OF GIVING THEM ONE ****ING DIME UNTIL THEY PROVE THAT THEY CAN, AND WI LL PRODUCE TOO YOUR SPECS! TIME TOO PUT UP OR SHUT UP...btw YOU ARE not A SPONSOR!

Last edited by ehall; 08-07-2005 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:32 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder how Paragon, the significant sponsor to Rennlist, would feel about a registered user (non-member) putting down Paragon's prices and producing a low cost alternative... all the while with Paragons banner at the top of the page. Given the recent issues with Iceshark selling light kits (which didnt even have a competiton with a sponsor), he was made to become a "co-sponsor"... I would have thought at least the same would apply here? Unless there is something behind the scenes which I am not aware of, which may be the case...
Old 08-07-2005, 04:39 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

YEP!
BTW TIFO Sometimes you're absolutely right!

Wonder how Travis, Skip, John, etc. feel about this?
Old 08-07-2005, 04:49 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW Klearz, You are welcome too pm me, If you're not sure why I posted what I did.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:44 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hella designed the lense, Porsche used it.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:06 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
YEP!
BTW TIFO Sometimes you're absolutely right!
I just looked around and didn't see any frogs or locusts falling from the sky.
Whew! I guess we are OK since there aren't any other signs of a forthcoming apocalypse.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

be patient. They're coming! The a/c compressors are being installed in Hell as we spaek.!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hella designed the lense, Porsche used it
Front or rear?

Rear units are Hella units, the front ones are Bosch units. I have heard through the garpewine that Porsche has woke up with this clear lense question. They are investigating some european manufactures who make these clear lenses. Seems to me there is somekind of copyright issue going on
Old 08-09-2005, 10:49 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Porsche is offering clear lenses for some newer cars and the whole assembly is pretty cheap. I want to say $40 for the sidemarkers from the dealer. But I don't think they will ever get around to our cars as we are in the 15 year old class. That is when they start to stop providing parts.

And someone is going to have to certify the product, which they may not want to spend the effort on. For example, for the euro dual driving/fog light in Turbo and S2, no one wanted to cert the driving side in the USA so our stock lenses came with an aluminum blocker plate in the driving lens.

I sort of doubt we will ever get Porsche to make clear exterior lights for us.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I got one of the sets of the "blems" and I understand why they couldn't sell those as factory "firsts", but I cleaned up that second one and have them both on my car already and am very happy with them. The finished product should be incredible, if what I got is any indication, and I can't wait to buy a set or two.

Since Rennlist "sponsorship" seems to be an issue for at least some people, how about if I ask John if I can sponsor their product? Its not a product that is going to cut into anyone else's bottomline and its not a commonly available product. I pormise that I will not have any financial interest in the deal, I am not asking Klearz to give me a set complimentary or anything, but I think it really is a well done product by some folks that are decent to deal with and a LOT of folks would be happy to have this product at a reasonable cost. Klearz was upfront about how the whole downpayment thing would work, so I don't believe calling them out to "put up or shut up" is appropriate, btw.

Why don't some of y'all chill a bit before we chase away yet another vendor that decides putting up the "944 crowd" just isn't worth it?

Regards,
Old 08-19-2005, 05:32 PM
NZ951
Race Director

It is commonly available from an existing major sponsor Paragon Products isnt it? Thats where I got my set from...
Old 08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

The way I understood it is that Paragon was discontinuing carrying this item due to supplier issues. Skip or Jason should be the ones to set the recrd straight on that, tho.

Regards,
Old 08-19-2005, 05:37 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys need to chill out, I come on here to read and learn as much as I can, and there are always grown men acting like people my age kussing and what not, show some class. I do appreciate all the help I have gotten on this board, but come on if you didn't buy the lenses, don't worry about it
Old 08-19-2005, 05:52 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Read the thread at the top of this forum by John D... you may have been missing some of the recent goings on...

Quick Reply: Clear markers and signal lenses for cheap?