Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:35 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
Has anyone been contacted offlist after posting a critique?
After not hearing anything for a long time except lies I received an e-mail with a tracking number from Danno a couple of hours ago. It was pretty much out of the blue and I don't want to give him any credit until a set of working chips show up in my mailbox. This is the tracking number I have been waiting about two weeks after getting a mail saying that he had sent it monday last week.. I'll see if they work once they are Sweden and in the car.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:45 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

A couple of points.....

It's not up to a Moderator to "censor" posts nor threads that contain first-hand information from customers. After scanning this thread a bit ago, I had yet to read "I was told by...", or "I heard that...". The posts are first hand - not speculation. If there were, I'd have a problem with them.

Second - I'm going to ask that the target of this thread be given a chance to reply either to me privately or simply post back. Frankly - I've never met Danno, but I have spoken to him in private in the past. I can assure you that his intentions towards Rennlist and his customers are well-intentioned - in my view. Does he get behind? Yep. BTW - so do I with my "customers" - who are, simply - "you".

Yea - I'm watching this thread....

Thanks,

John D.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:11 PM
TT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The information in his profile is very revealing.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:13 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Thanks, John.

Hopefully your post will motivate him to address these issues. As a member who seriously considered purchasing from him (until multiple threadslike this came up), I would like to see him give reason to have confidence in his business.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
<BIG SNIP>

Maybe if we had more members John could have a life instead of working 70 hours a week to keep this system running.

Best,
Here here. I second that emotion/motion.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
Does he get behind? Yep. BTW - so do I with my "customers" - who are, simply - "you".

Yea - I'm watching this thread....

Thanks,

John D.
John,

Getting behind is one thing and understandable but lying and taking peopls $$$ for months (and years) is another. I believe this is where you and Danno differ. I recall in the past that you stated that you were vey selective regarding sponsor selection to ensure they were in the best interest of the Rennlist Member. If it was isolated, a new development, or just a handful of guys I could understand non-action but after 2 year and 50 of these threads, can you honestly say in this case this particular "sponsor"is acting in the best interest of the members? When does enough become enough? Is one sponsor more important then 50 members? I figured you would be tired of getting PM's and reading these by now. NZ farts wrong and gets booted.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
NZ farts wrong and gets booted.

It was a little more than that.......
Old 02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

it appears that his # 1 priority is spending other people’s money on fun and that some folks here think that’s ok to do (as long as it’s not with their money)
Old 02-22-2005, 10:54 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Carson
it appears that his # 1 priority is spending other people’s money on fun and that some folks here think that’s ok to do (as long as it’s not with their money)
That's exactely what he does. He lives la VIDA LOCA and spends all his customers money being a beach bum. I threw him $ 2400.0 he had my car for nearly 4 months and my engine blew 2 weeks later after I got my car. What did he do about that? Nothing, no warranty, not even hey I will help you to fix your car. He is getting what he deserves. I have no pitty for scumbags.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

john it's way more than getting a "little" behind, danno took my money in july 2003 and as of may 2004 still could not deliver working products. at that point i told him to just keep the money so i don't ever have to deal with him again and proceeded to get a working product from another vendor in one day. it's very disappointing that rennlist allows this kind of person to be a sponsor.

and i think threads like this need to be here, simply to balance the threads that his "supporters" (many of whom have never purchased from him) still continue to propogate proclaiming his greatness.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shaheed
and i think threads like this need to be here, simply to balance the threads that his "supporters" (many of whom have never purchased from him) still continue to propogate proclaiming his greatness.
Yup, exactly. I try (most of the time) not to get involved until one of his sack swingers comes on-board telling everyone how great he is and is pushing his products. There's more of us then there are of them.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Re-animator
Racer

As a newbie observer, Danno's technical insight has helped me build my car properly via his many enlightening posts here. I'm sure many of his detractors have a right to feel that way based on personal transactions gone bad. Collectively, his input here is probably in the top 5 of posters here regarding the depth of 951 engineering. Therefore, many of the anti-dannoians have probably benefitted from one or two of Danno's posts over the years. Let him be appreciated and unbanned for his 951 knowledge base; but buyer beware. Just $ .02.

"Can't we all just get along?" R. King
Old 02-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW the "unemployed beach bum" thing is an old joke of his. He's had business cards with that printed on them for something like 3 years now. It ain't reality, so please stop demonizing the guy. You know nothing of his lifestyle, problems or priorities. That said, there IS a lynch mob forming of people that have first-hand been screwed here it seems, so it becomes harder and harder to stick up for the guy, but I'm going to ask that cooler heads prevail and give it time. Let John and the others handle it please. All you wanna-be mods can go back to your whiskey and beer now. . .
Old 02-23-2005, 12:01 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

I have a rope!!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:07 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Jeff,
For as much time asDanno spends in OT, I wish he would respond to threads like this. At least publicly acknowledge that he doing something to correct the issue.

Every time a thread like this pops up, he doesn't post for a while only to reappear in OT. That certainally doesn't help his reputation.

Quick Reply: Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE