944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005 | 12:13 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Danno has helped out many people on this list. Even some that now criticize him. Give the guy a chance to make good on his dealings with people.
Old 02-23-2005 | 12:18 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Daniel,

I agree with you. Silence is not a good policy on this stuff and the allegations that he's deliberately made himself scarce don't help either. I like Danno; he's a very bright guy and has helped me out on more than one occasion. Pretty selflessly too, I might add. However, I can certainly understand why people are pissed off about the stuff that's going on. I won't take sides on this, I just hope that people don't adopt a lynch mob mentality and give him the benefit of the doubt. Those that feel they already have done so can (hopefully) get it resolved and then make their own choices about how to vote with their money in the future. It's an ugly and unfortunate situation and I just hope it all gets worked out to everyone's mutual satisfaction - or at least tolerance.
Old 02-23-2005 | 12:20 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have never dealt with him when cash is involved, that said. I see him as a good asset to the listas far as knowelege. He's helped alot with me as well as others. I'm staying out of the argument. I just figured I'd add a little bit. I'd hate to see him banned, maybe just as a sponsor or not allowed to conduct buisiness through the site, but he does have a good bt of kowelege to offer. I hope things work out for all. BTW, I probably won't be back to this post. If you want to flame me since I don't have a dog in the fight, call me out on the general forum or do it via PM or Email.
Old 02-23-2005 | 12:26 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

From my perspective, as previously mentioned, I was seriously considering buying from him. However, his obvious silence has convinced me that the risk was too great.
Old 02-23-2005 | 12:45 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

I've only met Danno once, never bought a thing from him but have learned a lot from his technical posts. I think what he needs is a good partner to sort through the endless emails and get him focused on his business or lack of business.

Danno might be like my wife. She's a talented artist, jeweler, and textile guru who loves her trade...but when it comes to making a profit out of her interests all goes to hell quickly. Once the motive is profit her interest wanes and she no longer considers it fun as the responsibility overwhelms her. I'm not sure we all consider 'tuning' an art, but I certainly do, maybe the fun just isn't there anymore when he has to do it for a living, I have no idea.

Danno knows his stuff but I think he has a hard time getting the grasp of the responsibility that trust brings when it breaks down to making a living at it on a customer by customer basis. Like I said he needs a good hammer to deal with the customer side of his business or this will never work out for him or his angry customers.

This whole mess needs some closure soon.
Old 02-23-2005 | 01:14 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
I've only met Danno once, never bought a thing from him but have learned a lot from his technical posts. I think what he needs is a good partner to sort through the endless emails and get him focused on his business or lack of business.

Danno might be like my wife. She's a talented artist, jeweler, and textile guru who loves her trade...but when it comes to making a profit out of her interests all goes to hell quickly. Once the motive is profit her interest wanes and she no longer considers it fun as the responsibility overwhelms her. I'm not sure we all consider 'tuning' an art, but I certainly do, maybe the fun just isn't there anymore when he has to do it for a living, I have no idea.

Danno knows his stuff but I think he has a hard time getting the grasp of the responsibility that trust brings when it breaks down to making a living at it on a customer by customer basis. Like I said he needs a good hammer to deal with the customer side of his business or this will never work out for him or his angry customers.

This whole mess needs some closure soon.
Thats exactly what i thought. I actually talked to him before about it and he seriously was looking for someone to help him out with his orders. He gets orders from all over the us and out of the country. I know i am just going to get flame from what i am saying but i owe it to him for helping me with everything on my car. I hope things can get situated and everyone get their parts and start over.
Old 02-23-2005 | 01:22 AM
HD911
Racer

Regardless of how "nice" and "helpful" Danno is on this board, the fact is he is attempting to run a business and doing a ****-poor job at it.
There is NO excuse for taking a customers money and not completing the transaction in a timely matter, nor is it ethical to LIE to customers about delivery dates,etc.

Danno needs to speak up in these threads and attempt to explain himself , somehow I don't think that will ever happen, eventually he WILL go out of business, probably sooner than later!

Instead of being a stand-up guy and dealing with these issues he is giving love life advice in the OT according to fellow listers who see him in there daily!!! Lame!
Old 02-23-2005 | 01:45 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Originally Posted by HD911
Regardless of how "nice" and "helpful" Danno is on this board, the fact is he is attempting to run a business and doing a ****-poor job at it.
There is NO excuse for taking a customers money and not completing the transaction in a timely matter, nor is it ethical to LIE to customers about delivery dates,etc.

Danno needs to speak up in these threads and attempt to explain himself , somehow I don't think that will ever happen, eventually he WILL go out of business, probably sooner than later!

Instead of being a stand-up guy and dealing with these issues he is giving love life advice in the OT according to fellow listers who see him in there daily!!! Lame!
i guess i must have missed the other threads since i am never in the OT. I have been lied about delivery dates also becuase i am been waiting for 4 weeks on a certain part but u don't see me getting pissed off at the world. Of course i get different excuses why but i move on and wait. Theres nothing u can do. in the long wrong i get what i want and it works great.
Old 02-23-2005 | 01:52 AM
HD911
Racer

Originally Posted by daniel951
i guess i must have missed the other threads since i am never in the OT. I have been lied about delivery dates also becuase i am been waiting for 4 weeks on a certain part but u don't see me getting pissed off at the world. Of course i get different excuses why but i move on and wait. Theres nothing u can do. in the long wrong i get what i want and it works great.
No one is getting pissed off at the world, just at Danno. As to his OT contributions thats his business but its pretty chickensh*t to not respond to these allegations and post in the OT instead.

As to you saying theres nothing you can do, thats false, you can expect a business to conduct itself accordingly and if said business doesn't do so you can voice your concerns and refuse to recommend or endorse the business in the future.
Old 02-23-2005 | 01:54 AM
daniel951
Race Car

i shoudl probably stay out of these topics anyways so this will by my last post. I hope everything gets situated and people either get their products or money back. lates
Old 02-23-2005 | 02:51 AM
9xxTurbo.com
Track Day

Police are not going to do anything about it. There just going to tell you to contact the BBB and there just gonna write a report and put his name on a list and do nothing unless theres a crap load of complaints from people.
Old 02-23-2005 | 03:44 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sweanders
Because this is the place where Danno sells his stuff with a blessing from Rennlist.
Originally Posted by streckfu's951
I'm with those that feel this is not a public bashing of a private vendor. Danno as Guru Racing is a site sponsor which makes this very relevent. This is not a few isolated events but a growing trend.
Caveat emptor (buyer beware). For all your and Anders' time on Rennlist, I doubt you (or anyone new who can use the search function, for that matter) needed a thread like this one to figure that out. The title is damaging to this forum, and nothing else.

Sponsor or not, this isn't eBay or a commercial site. This is a tech forum for 944 Turbo cars. If you have issues in deals with other members, you should handle them in private (PMs, e-mail, etc.) and spare the rest of us the blood and gore. We can already use the search function. That's the point.
Old 02-23-2005 | 03:54 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

To all you people who say Danno should come here and speak up, what would that prove. No matter what he would say, it wouldn't matter to you. He could say anything, but that wouldn't change a thing. The fact is we don't know whats going on and should not judge him. I am very sorry for those of you that experienced problems, I haven't but I can understand what you feel. I don't think there is ever a reason to publicly bash him, no matter what he did. I think that is extremely wrong. I once did it myself and I feel horrible for doing it. It just blows the entire problem up and doesn't solve anything, it just makes it worse. Flame on.
Old 02-23-2005 | 05:18 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Sponsor or not, this isn't eBay or a commercial site. This is a tech forum for 944 Turbo cars. If you have issues in deals with other members, you should handle them in private (PMs, e-mail, etc.) and spare the rest of us the blood and gore. We can already use the search function. That's the point.
You just don't get it do you Luis? This place has become a place for sales and there are companys doing business here and paying a fee to be allowed to do so.

There is noone here who hasn't tried to solve the problems with Guru over e-mail, PM, phone but it clearly isn't working.
Old 02-23-2005 | 05:52 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sweanders
You just don't get it do you Luis? This place has become a place for sales and there are companys doing business here and paying a fee to be allowed to do so.
No, you don't get it. The title to this thread is scandalous and should be edited, or the thread itself deleted.

If you have issues, you should seek response in a proper, respectful manner. A thread of your own, like the Finns did way back when, would suffice.

Posting a thread about "reporting a vendor to the police" is in bad taste and I for one, as a paying member, do not appreciate seeing it in this Forum.

Get it?

Quick Reply: Danno / guru racing REPORTED TO THE POLICE