Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

DESTROYED a Hayabusa last night from a roll..

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:45 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

200+mph and the engine temp. is in the read zone!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:24 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hosrom...you must read the captions to understand the speedo picture.

The real deal..yep...eveything after that (with the 2000 models being debated) was castrated.....

The only ones ever independantly verifed to go over 190mph stock, were the 99s. So, yes, they are the real deal. All the other ones are people who heard about the legend and wanted to have a castrated piece of the legend.

I mean think about this. 7 model years now (99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05) is an ETERNITY in bike years. Typically to stay on top for more than 2 years is impossible. When people think "fast bike" the Hayabusa is still the king. And most of what people talk about is the 99 model.

Is it the real deal. I guess you can decide....

-Dana
Old 01-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dana, what're your thoughts on the '04 R1? Obviously a different "style" of bike, but we might finally have some competition.

Sam
Old 01-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by DanaT

Is it the real deal. I guess you can decide....

-Dana
It IS the real deal....no other bike on the face of this planet being run on gas could make 650+ hp out of 1299cc and stay together. Possibly the most powerful 'Busa ever,that one... Now the only problem is to put that state of tune into a 951...hmmm....easy deal for you guys,just have to run race gas,23423 psi boost,and have direct oxygen injection....I am in no doubt you can.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:09 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Wow, now I am upto 650hp. Not too shabby.....i don't know where the extra 500ish came from, but I will take it.

As far as what do I think of the R1 (or GSXR1000 or ZX10). If you look at the fastest and quickest, it would have to be the ZX10. Now, I can't really comment on how a ZX10 compares to a hayabusa first hand as I have't run one yet (I didn't get out of the house much on the bike this last summer cause wife was pregnant and I had other things to be doing). I have run other R1s and GSXR1000s.

If you play around with the either of those bikes, don't for one second think they arent formidable. If you let one get out on you, you will reel them in but it will take some time. Once you hit 120-130 its all over for those bikes.

That said, why all the magazine editors like them, is becuase they are short and light. That makes for a "good handling" bike. When they say "good handling" they typically mean quick directional changes. But those quick directional changes also include rotating around the axis or the rear wheel.

The Hayabusa is typically loked at as a "pig" with a dry weight of 474lbs. The same year a ZX7 was sold. ZX7s weren't criticized forbeing but a little overweight. The Hayabusa actually weighed less than most bikes of the same year with but a few exceptions.

Everything on a bikes comes as tradeoff. The longerr wheelbase makes for a less wheelie prone bike. t makes for slower turn-in. At teh same time it makes for a more stable bike. Mid-corner bumps don't affect it as much. It is more stable in a sweeper once it is put in that the short bike.

The current liter bikes are difficult too ride really well.

Now lets say that all riders are 100% equal for arguements sake.

The Hayabusa is the better easier bike to launch, putthrough a 1/4 mile, and ride at high speed. The literbikes will go faster through a set of twisties, especially the tighter ones. The Hayabusa takes to mods better becuase its engine starts out with more displacement and is at a lower state of tune.

Now, if riders aren't equal. A good rider ona literbike will probably edge out and average rider on a Hayabusa through the 1/4 mile. After a 1/4 again its still all over. If a good rider is riding a hayabusa against and average rider on a literbike, the hayabusa will be faster through the twisties.

Many times, what determines the outcome when modern bikes are so close in performance is rider ability. When I was roadracing the RS125, the only three things that could really be done to get and advatage were
1) Pick the best pipe/gearing combo for the track
2) Weigh less
3) Outride the other people

Alll the RS125s made about 37-40rwhp. You simply couldnt make 10hp more than you competition. Riding that bike I really learned to ride.

I have been in the twisties with "better handling" bikes onmy Hayabusa (i.e the TL1000R in the pictures, R6, GSXR1000, etc). There hasn't been one that I couldn't stay with or pass. That said, most of that was because I could ride better. You put someone on the R6 that could ride as well, and the story would be different

SO what do I think. I think all the modern literbikes are good machines. I am not running out to buy one though, I like what I have. Most bikes what you see in 2005 will be obsolete in 2007. The Hayabusa I think will sit where it has been. A damn fast street bike. I think MOST riders loose the fact they they are riding STREETBIKES on the STREET. They simply WANT to be Ricky Roadracer. A racebike is a racebike; a streetbike is a streetbike.

To be honest, since my Daughter was born, I haven't been over 65mph on the Hayabusa. So now I am just a wannabe..... I had my fun cracking helmets roadracing and had lot of fun dragracing. Now it is time to calm down a little and not think so much of my instant gratification as what my wife and daughter need.

Hell, I have actually thought of selling my 951 becuase of lack of use. It got driven 6 times last summer. It sits in the garage.

-Dana
Old 01-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by DanaT
Wow, now I am upto 650hp. Not too shabby.....i don't know where the extra 500ish came from, but I will take it.
-Dana
It came from here...http://www.mc-xpress.com ...on the home page,just go to the left and click on "records"...it wasn't 650 hp,though....it was 685.

Quick Reply: DESTROYED a Hayabusa last night from a roll..