Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

DESTROYED a Hayabusa last night from a roll..

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ztnedman1
Stock my car is getting 750.
everybody knows 750 is not possible with the stock capacitors, so fess up man!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Originally Posted by DanaT
serial...

Does your "plans" for that GSXR750 include putting an 1100 engine inwith nitrous???

-Dana
Nope,he's just going to put my old turbokit on it....220 hp is just about right for a 750.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:50 PM
serial_modder
Intermediate

bottles are for babies, REAL men get blown...
Old 01-02-2005, 09:59 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Ahhh...bottles may be for babies but the results are good.

I had a hell of a time getting nitrous on my GSXR11 to work. There was always some little nagging problem (thats when I was young and stupid and had a shop put it on). Once I ripped the whol damn thing off and re-installed I got it working damn well. Only problem I had was that I kept increasing the jet size because the nitrous wasn;t hitting hard enough with a non-working system (I just thought I needed bigger jets).

Once I got it working, I was running #26 nitrous jets. If memory seves me right that was about a 100hp shot. The bike made 156rwhp without nitrous.

It was a fun ride.

-Dana
Old 01-02-2005, 10:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by shaheed
everybody knows 750 is not possible with the stock capacitors, so fess up man!
Stock capacitors are good for 950+ Hp as long as u use one of these:

http://cgi.earthlink.ebay.com/ebaymo...945130403&rd=1

1200 CFM will do the job.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Old 01-02-2005, 10:16 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys please, this is getting out of hand. Let's try to stay true to the serious original intent of the thread. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

I had a hell of a time getting nitrous on my GSXR11 to work. There was always some little nagging problem (thats when I was young and stupid and had a shop put it on). Once I ripped the whol damn thing off and re-installed I got it working damn well. Only problem I had was that I kept increasing the jet size because the nitrous wasn;t hitting hard enough with a non-working system (I just thought I needed bigger jets).

Once I got it working, I was running #26 nitrous jets. If memory seves me right that was about a 100hp shot. The bike made 156rwhp without nitrous.

It was a fun ride.

-Dana
For easy,constant power you should just have smacked a T04B on it... just tweak the wastegate for more go. .. What model Gixer did you have? I couldn't agree more,if you want something done properly,do it yourself...
Old 01-02-2005, 10:23 PM
serial_modder
Intermediate

-Dana
problem is that when the bottle is empty, there's no more fun left. so i think i'll stick to turbo's thank you
Old 01-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dana, what circumstances would have gotten a 220mph speedo? Non-US market bikes? Or was that an option some years? Mine's the normal 180 speedo, I said 183 because that's what it read when I topped it out against the limiter.

No desire for a TRE here, I've kept some track of both Hayabusa.org and SuzukiHayabusa.org and don't want the loss in drivability around town, but thanks for the offer.

Sam
Old 01-03-2005, 12:27 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

I never had a problem with running out of nitrous. I mean most street racing was a whole lot a talking smack with maybe one run (on a good night). At the track, just carry extra nitrous, and if that doesn't work, at the track I ran at there was a filling station.

Pics of my old GSXR are on my webapge as are my Hayabusa.

http://www.danat.mesanetworks.net/Motorcycles.html

Sam,

The 1999 and 2000 hayabusas were the 220mph speedo versions. All 1999 models (i.e. serial numbers under 2000) are un-restricted. There are some claims that the 2000 models are restricted and some claim they are not. Anyways, the 186mph top speed limit came about because of the Hayabusa and the then rumored ZX12 (aka "Project 320"). In Germany, there was a TV commercial showing a ferrari and 911 turbo going side by side down an Autobahn at a very high rate of speed. Then a Hayabusa passed them both right between them. The the ZX12 was announched by Kawi. It was supposed to break 320kmh (i.e. 200mph). Between Kawi claiming 200mph (which the only "stock" ZX12 ever indepently tested that broke 190 was a "stock" bike that had visited muzzy and they the magazine writers claimed the engine had been dissaembled and kawi and muzzy claimed it was stock), the Hayabus posting mid 190s in damn near every test (some tests actually had it over 200mph but I highly doubt those tests), and Suzukis marketing of the hayabusa, the EU governments "asked" the Motorcycle manufacturers to "voluntarily" limitthe top speed of bikes to 300kmh. If they would limit them, the 250kmh limit was going to be enacted. Part of the deal was that the bikes had to be limited throughout the world becuase the EU feared that their citiznes would be clever enough to simply call the US and order the parts to de-restrict the bikes.

Also, I think that Kawi and some others agreed becuase they were loosing the game and simply didn't want to play.

So a brief history on the hayabusa. You can see my 220 on webpage. I bought my busa in '99 (along with the carbin fiber helmet...which i see now there is one on the market). I had been on Suzukihayabusa.org when it was just hayabusa.org . Dennis (aka themotorhead) didn't run the board back then. The guy running it tried to sell it, but wanted too much $$$. So a different name was picked and Dennis took it over.

Try figuring out how to tune a bike when the PCII just came out, no-one was running the same pipe (I have a sato pipe), the shops had no experience with tuning them, etc. Basically, the few people with hayabusa that were doing stuff early had to figure it all out. I was one of those guys. Now I just ride it instead of fiddle with anymore. I got it running really nice and will leave it that way.

-Dana
Old 01-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the info Dana - ours is an '03 and I didn't start learning about them until we got it, so I didn't pay attention to any of the older info. It's plenty quick for us, did a Throttlemeister, Helibars, BarEnder, and called it a day. Plan to lower an inch or so f/r, HID headlight, Galfer SS lines, (have all the parts for all of those, they've been sitting around for 6 months now), Zero Gravity DB, and that's it for the bike.

Sam
Old 01-03-2005, 01:54 AM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by special tool
Guys please, this is getting out of hand. Let's try to stay true to the serious original intent of the thread. Thank you.
right-o, so i destroyed an eggroll last night....
Old 01-03-2005, 04:22 AM
emwporsche
Three Wheelin'

hey dana is that THE REAL DEAL?
Old 01-03-2005, 04:27 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emwporsche
hey dana is that THE REAL DEAL?
LOL

Quick Reply: DESTROYED a Hayabusa last night from a roll..