Good mod shop in n. e. Fla?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 02:16 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good mod shop in n. e. Fla?

I'm about to drop 13k into the engine bay and need a high quality shop in the Jacksonville area. Does anyone have any experience with a good shop in the area. I need them to remove, ship out, and reinstall/rebuild a 2.5 with a new head, intake, turbo, maf etc. It will be an engine in the high 300 hp range, perhaps even 400. Therefore it needs to be a very good job. Anyone have any ideas? I would prefer not to have to go all the way to Pompano Beach, for a really good shop. Long term I need someone I can get too for emergencies. Thanks for your input. E
Old 12-07-2004, 03:58 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.broadfootracing.com/

No personal experience w/ them but they are right in Jacksonville. Do a search on here for "broadfoot" I'm sure you'll dig up some reviews.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for the response. I'm prolly going to talk with them...but the reviews aren't terribly good at all. I believe there is a story about one of their motors crapping out after only 10 hrs on the track. Well, okay, I'm sure there is a story about it. So I'm really looking around. Thank you for the response.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:52 AM
ssmcd1
3rd Gear

Try Technical Dimensions in Jax, Seth does great work. FWIW, I've had great experiences with Broadfoot on my N/A 944. YMMV
Old 12-07-2004, 12:21 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Brumos in your area but if you don't mind the drive to Orlando, since your talking that kind of work and money, you have about 2 of the best shops in the SE here. Zotz and Redbone garages. Both Porsche only shops and both tune and handle cars for Rolex, Road Atlanta, Sebring, etc.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:22 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

I personally use Redbone garage and can give you all the contact info.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:58 AM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you live in JAX there are only two places to take your car. First would be Mosport. If Moss will work on your car, as he really is a 911 guy. He is gifted and has done my '87 Carerra and '81 930 as well as my sisters '79 930. Please tell him he is an ******* and I sent you. You can not go wrong with Broadfoot according to several of my friends. He will accept your 944 with open arms.

I will be in Jackassflats on December 23rd, if you would like me to introduce you to Moss at Mosport. as I would not go through town with out seeing him.

I have never been to Broadfoots, but I plan to visit on the same trip.

BTW, after 10 hours on the track....... who really knows what happened. Please know I don't Broadfoot Racing at all, but, if it ran good for ten hours I would say it could be any of the following:

OPERATOR ERROR
Old 12-08-2004, 01:09 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW, after 10 hours on the track....... who really knows what happened. Please know I don't Broadfoot Racing at all, but, if it ran good for ten hours I would say it could be any of the following:

OPERATOR ERROR...

lol!!! It was just kind of a red flag. Agreed. Who knows. No aspersions were cast. What's the last name of Moss at Mosport? I used to know a gear head named Moss Wells. I will check out all of the above. I'm too far from any of the big vendors to drop the car off at one of them. Does anyone know if Brumos will do big mod work , or factory stuff only?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:39 AM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You know him, it is Moss Wells. Moss is now, and has been for sometime much more than a "gear head". Brumos is a great Porsche dealer, I'm just not sure they will be willing to do the type of work you want.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:13 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I went to junior high with Moss. He went somewhere else for high school. Haven't seen him since. Like 20 yrs-ish. Good to know what he's up tp. I'll call him myself in the next couple of weeks. All he can say is no, right! BTW, I'll pass on your message Thanks for the info. If he won't do it, I'm sure he has the straight word on the other shops mentioned.

Quick Reply: Good mod shop in n. e. Fla?