I quit

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts
Default I quit

This will be the second autocross I will miss ....in a row. I come down a week early to go to the suncoast autoX and I am all set to go. I put on my khumo's to check them out and make sure everything is ok. And of course nothing is ok. Somewhere at sometime, they threw a weight. I just don't have the time to not deal with it early. Which means getting up tomorrow and taking them back off the car to be balanced, because I don't trust anybody to lift the car.

Oh yeah, and I also managed to forget to put the seal ring back on the oil drain plug. I am assuming this is probably pretty important so I will have to drain oil etc.... Which isn't so bad since I was going to take the underbody panels off to make checking the tension on my belts easier for the mechanic who is going to do the inspection on the car before it goes to Sebring next week.

I also spent all day bending over the car in my apartment complex replacing the injector seals I got from Rennbay, since the bosch ones that lindsey racing sells are completely wrong. Which means they leaked a whole bunch. Which also made me pretty stoked. So my knee hurts like a mother.

I just hope this stupid car stops being retarded. I commit so much of my time and money to this thing, and I don't even get to drive it. If something goes wrong between now and Sebring next week I am just going to quit this car. Sometimes I wish it had a face, so that I could just punch it.

Oh well, just another day in the life of an 86 951 I guess.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no nessarly in that order

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:01 AM
Sami951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Threw a weight? How much? If it's not that bad, why not drive it..? Slight imbalance isn't *that* dangerous...
Old 11-07-2004, 08:01 AM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

I lost a weight or two a couple of month's ago. Doesn't matter with AutoX
you won't notice a diffrence. Hell I've even driven it on the road lately and haven't notice them missing.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Update: I had to drive an hour to the autoX. It was enough last night to make a huge difference. Ie wheel shaking. I know it wouldn't have been much of a difference. But, it was going to be a pain in the *** to put the tires in my car, drive there on the street tires, put on the blah blah blah. Took the tires this morning to be balanced, took all underbody panels off, and replaced seal ring. Finally got around to cleaning underside of motor and pressure washed body panels. So, all in all got lots done. I was able to spend more time with my folks this way anyways. As in I went to breakfast with them and hanging out with them all afternoon.

I still wish my 951 had a face to punch sometimes though.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess that comes with buying a 951 Sorry to hear about your troubles.. maby next time you will have a awsome autocross and win . But for now, grab a drink, and relax

-Ian
Old 11-07-2004, 11:44 PM
M@rk951
Instructor

Yeah next upgrade im getting after my car is done will be a punching bag for in the garage... it will be useful in many situations...
Old 11-08-2004, 10:00 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Cant really blame the car for the missing seal ring or the weight flying off. Injector seals are down to its age but also a suplier problem.
The cars are teenagers after all got to expect some hassles and tantrums
Tony
Old 11-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Alpine951
Drifting

If the kumho's are autox only on dedicated wheels and you have other tires on other wheels for the street then put some high temp tape on the wheel weight. I always throw a weight at Drivers Ed till i decided to put some high temp duct tape over the weight. not pretty but it works.

Quick Reply: I quit