Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Problems with Guru Chips need Adivce

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Problems with Guru Chips need Adivce

Well tried emailing Danno but no response, surprise! I purchased a set of chips from Danno who said he could get my AFR better with my setup (was using HR chips before) so I went ahead and purchased them. My current setup is HR Stage 3 MAF, ARC2 fuel controller, SFR testpipe and catback, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, SFR intercooler pipes, Billet blow off valve, Lindsey vacuum hose kit, Tial 35mm wastegate, Greddy profec B boost controller, and autometer gauges. The moment I installed the chips the car would not idle well at all and bounced all over the place, and no the idle stabilizer is not bad (as it did not do this once I put in my old chips). I believe the idle bounces because its to lean than it jumps the RPMS up to 1100rpms to get more fuel than it goes back down to 300 rpms (lean) and the cycle repeats. The car has also stalled out several times when pushing in the clutch because the idle bounces around so low in the rpm range. I also noticed the car did not boost as quickly as before and felt real sluggish almost like the timing was retarded. I have tried various settings on the ARC2 and nothing I have tried seems to surpass the HR chips I had in there before. At idle the car runs super rich from my gauge and at full throttle from 3500-5000 is a little lean but after 5000 starts to go to full rich. I have tried adjusting the ARC2 to compensate but no luck its either full rich or to lean. Quickly put my old chips back in and adjusted it to the original settings I had could not believe how much better the car ran. Has anyone else experienced these problems with guru chips? If any of you have suggestions please post them.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed Guru chips as well and they never ran correctly. Went back to APE's and then Vitesse and haven't had a problem since. I know of ten other guys that have had problems as well. Welcome to the club. I hear Danno just figured out a way to solve his chip issues.......
Old 06-12-2004, 09:50 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Jeremy Himsel
I hear Danno just figured out a way to solve his chip issues.......
ooooooo....slammeroo
Old 06-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Jeremy was Danno big enough to refund your money on the chips?
Old 06-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

seriously, this is getting rediculous. enough with the vendor bashing. thats not necassary, if you REALLY want to know he he was refunded, pm him. thats what most of us decent people here do. cmon, I, along with many others, are getting quite sick of this. I come here to relax, enjoy peoples company, learn, and get experience, not listen to whiners bitch.
~Eyal
Old 06-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Eyal 951
seriously, this is getting rediculous. enough with the vendor bashing. thats not necassary, if you REALLY want to know he he was refunded, pm him. thats what most of us decent people here do. cmon, I, along with many others, are getting quite sick of this. I come here to relax, enjoy peoples company, learn, and get experience, not listen to whiners bitch.
~Eyal
Hey Gilligan, I mean Eyal, We all know that you're Danno's little buddy and all but if you don't like it, don't read it. Just because he helped you out with an oil cooler seal job and whatever other things you screwed up doesn't mean he's the greatest guy in the world. If you want to talk about what people are getting sick of, I'm getting sick of every other day reading where's Danno or Paging Danno posts from people. Maybe he should spend some time working on his business and shipping his products out instead of posting in OT and giving a three hour rendition of how to roll the fenders. When you get some cash, pony up, and actually buy some products........ then run your mouth. In the meantime keep chatting about hypothetical turbo jobs okay. you've got 4000 posts and know nothing about the car you drive or the products you defend. Just because you did a job once doesn't make you an expert.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:35 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

hey jackass, thanks for the worthless post, ooh personal attacks, sly. shows me what kind of intelligence I'm dealing with. yes, he helped me on an oil cooler job a while back, i also paid him some money for it. theres not much more of a connection then some help coming from both sides. I don't care if this was a guru thread, or a vitesse thread, or whatever. Its not who, its just enough. you guys seem to find pleasure in sarcastic and worthless in public remarks.
Now that you made a fool of yourself by self proclaiming yourself all knowing of who i am, and what I have done, I'd like to take a minute to give you some information. I have done the turbo job already, and I constantly give advice about it, mostly through pm. as a matter of fact, i received a pm last night about it. I'll probably be doing another turbo job by the end of the summer. OF course you know what i know about my car. its not like the head is off, sitting in my garage or anything, I believe that requires some knowledge. you really went out on a limb stating that i know nothing. real mature, and how many years longer have you lived then I?
as for the "whatever you screwed up" line, um, ok... good thing you know everything I do, cause oil cooler seals NEVER fail on 944's right? Yes, I have screwed up a couple things, but I don't see many people buying a car, knowing nothing about mechanics, and within 8 months already completed rob bearings, turbo job, head removal (istallation pending) etc etc etc. As for running guru products, I do, and I am in the process of doing about 1000 bucks worth of business with Guru right now.
So, anyone that is sensible and has somewhat of a maturity level, and can refrain from personal attacks, slander, and unfounded facts would like to respectfully disagree, please do, I will respect your opinion, and counter it if I can. Please, refrain from pestering me further with ignorance.
~Eyal
Old 06-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

I did email Danno to see if a refund was an option, it was included in my original email about my problems, as stated in my message earlier that I never got a response. I also asked Danno for a refund about 2 weeks ago on rennlist because after 2 months of waiting I decided to pass on the chips. If you want you can dig through the posts on rennlist for it, he decided to send the chips anyways. If I can't get a hold of Danno that was the reason for asking Jeremy if he received a refund, because if he did it would look promising that I would too.

The point of this post anyways was to get advice on getting these chips to run correctly? Maybe I was missing something that was rather obvious I don't know that was the point of this post. If you have such a problem with reading posts like this don't click on it that simple son!

Eyal,
I really hope some of your comments were not directed towards me, if they were it really shows how mature you are on a public form. I simple asked a question about getting my chips to work properly. If those comments were directed towards me I hope to see you at 944fest to confront you on the subject of some of the name calling. ("bitch and not being a decent person").

[i]Originally posted by Eyal 951 [/i
~Eyal

Last edited by Dan87951; 06-12-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Eyal 951
Now that you made a fool of yourself by self proclaiming yourself all knowing of who i am, and what I have done, I'd like to take a minute to give you some information. I have done the turbo job already, and I constantly give advice about it, mostly through pm. as a matter of fact, i received a pm last night about it. I'll probably be doing another turbo job by the end of the summer. OF course you know what i know about my car. its not like the head is off, sitting in my garage or anything, I believe that requires some knowledge.

as for the "whatever you screwed up" line, um, ok... good thing you know everything I do, cause oil cooler seals NEVER fail on 944's right? Yes, I have screwed up a couple things, but I don't see many people buying a car, knowing nothing about mechanics, and within 8 months already completed rob bearings, turbo job, head removal (istallation pending) etc etc etc. As for running guru products, I do, and I am in the process of doing about 1000 bucks worth of business with Guru right now.
~Eyal
Eyal, I know exactly how much you know about your car, I have unfortunately read 3000 of your 4000 posts. I know, I know, You have your head off. I remember reading the thread "how do I get the distributor thingy off" as a starting point. As I stated before just because you did the job once (with a self proclaimed "Guru" 's) help doesn't make you an expert. You promote a product you have never tried and that little buddy, just isn't right. I feel sorry for the guy who's PM'ing you about the job.

As far as mechanics goes, me and most of the people on this board are in totally different league then you so keep your one hitter quitter advice to yourself. Keep up the "anyone got a free part (intake gasket) and "I love Danno" posts and maybe you'll learn something. In this case, children should be seen and not heard. But if you really want a pissing match, I'm doing a few DE's in California this year and we can settle this on the track? Bring your buddy with ya. Since you're an expert and all.........
Old 06-12-2004, 11:12 PM
87Porsche951
Instructor

This forum confuses me sometimes, i mean one day everyone is praising a vendor than another day people are slammin them. I never really know what vendor is good and which one isnt.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally posted by 87Porsche951
This forum confuses me sometimes, i mean one day everyone is praising a vendor than another day people are slammin them. I never really know what vendor is good and which one isnt.
This my friend is why you need to be sceptical and smart. It happens at many places over many things, and not just on this board. Do your research and judge by quality and not quantity of the posts/posters, if you must do your research on Rennlist. But this board is a place where the BS is quite deeply embedded around fact.
Ahmet
Old 06-12-2004, 11:56 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

dan and jeremy i have experienced the same problems as you. my car has a k27/8, APE maf and 55lb injectors. the chips and injectors were purchased from danno. from the very start his chips have not worked. put them in the car will not idle at all. swap out with the old APE chips and it idles just fine. he sent replacement chips and they don't work either.
i spoke to him on the phone over a month ago and he said "i'll send you a new set this week". obviously they never arrived.

75% of the time when i email danno i get no response. when i do get a response it says "i'll send them this week". i just checked my paypal records, i sent danno payment for injectors and chips on 7/26/2003 and i still don't have working chips!! anybody who thinks this is reasonable and that i should keep quiet about it can go find the nearest cliff and jump the f.... off

if people were posting emails like this when i ordered my stuff i would have never done it. if i can prevent someone else from falling into this trap i consider it my duty -- i'd want them to do the same for me.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

great.... Wish I would have heard these stories before I purchased.

Shaheed,
Wish you the best bro, hope everything works out and dials in for you.

Originally posted by shaheed
dan and jeremy i have experienced the same problems as you. my car has a k27/8, APE maf and 55lb injectors. the chips and injectors were purchased from danno. from the very start his chips have not worked. put them in the car will not idle at all. swap out with the old APE chips and it idles just fine. he sent replacement chips and they don't work either.
i spoke to him on the phone over a month ago and he said "i'll send you a new set this week". obviously they never arrived.

75% of the time when i email danno i get no response. when i do get a response it says "i'll send them this week". i just checked my paypal records, i sent danno payment for injectors and chips on 7/26/2003 and i still don't have working chips!! anybody who thinks this is reasonable and that i should keep quiet about it can go find the nearest cliff and jump the f.... off

if people were posting emails like this when i ordered my stuff i would have never done it. if i can prevent someone else from falling into this trap i consider it my duty -- i'd want them to do the same for me.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:04 AM
biggles
Pro

Guys,
I hardly ever post here, but has been a reader for a number of years, even back on the old board and I will say, that this board over the last year has obviously lost its focus. I will not pass judgement on anyone, but there are too many soap operas.

Quick Reply: Problems with Guru Chips need Adivce