944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

carbon fibre intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004 | 03:14 PM
Corleone
Racer

No! The higher price include expensive work (for mostly people) of cutting the old flange, welding it all together and mount all things together. Can you do this yourself you keep the cost down.

I think you can e-mail Jonas at Area 951 yourself and he will reply in english.
Old 07-23-2004 | 03:39 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

I work at a shop, the labor to cut and weld things will be free for me... i will try e-mailing him directly, thanks
Old 07-23-2004 | 03:43 PM
RobNL
Instructor

It indeed comes without the flanges to connect the manifold to the engine, so you have to cut an existing intake manifold or make the flanges yourself.
Furthermore the 90 degree tubes (50mm diameter) needs to be tapered down a bit to match the stock flange before you can weld it all together. If you want to use a normale throttle body you also need to fabricate a bracket for the throttle cable. After that it's just bolting (no bolts included) it all together and into the car.

Hmm, this remembers me that I still have to finish mine as soon as I can get my hands on set of 4 individual throttle bodies plus some info on what the best solution is for the vacuum lines.
Old 07-23-2004 | 05:57 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

so you get a new CARBON LOOK plenum but still use the same old intake runers. Then you must cut and weld the parts by your self???
has anyone ever made a flow test or a flow simulation on these parts?
obviusly we are not talking about the same part.
this is another intake manifold.

Konstantin
PS: anyone knows a part number for the central locking axle to use them with the race central locking wheels on the 968 Turbo RS?
just because you can not find a part number that do not mean it does not exist.
This is the case for ALL special motorsport parts poruced in very low numbers and mostly hand made.
Old 07-23-2004 | 06:35 PM
Lark
6th Gear

Well I guess the experts have spoken. It´s amazing howe many it´s out there.

Corleone, i guess you know it all regarding the money you spent

Why don´t you tell them about the problems yo´ve with that intake.

The intake we made should never be misstaken for that hobby intake that Corleone has. Howe do they say the idiot ................

It have been funny watching this thread sins i´m one of the few knowing what´s really going on.

About pricing, who sad this would ever be for sale.
Old 07-23-2004 | 07:09 PM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lark
The intake we made should never be misstaken for that hobby intake that Corleone has. Howe do they say the idiot ................

It have been funny watching this thread sins i´m one of the few knowing what´s really going on.

About pricing, who sad this would ever be for sale.
So you are saying you made the intake konstantin first posted or am i very confused by your post? I dont think anyone mistook the one corleone posted for anything other than another option.
Old 07-23-2004 | 07:59 PM
NZ951
Race Director

I too am totally confused by his/her post. Glad I am not the only one.
Old 07-23-2004 | 08:06 PM
Corleone
Racer

Lark!

You seems like a nice guy!

I´m the only one who knows how much money I have have spent and I think its my own choice.

Many here at Rennlist have asked about my intake. Yes, there are things that could have been done in a better way but for now my intake works very well. If I should have done it from the beginning I would have done some changes but none that has do do with performance.

Of course I´m not an expert but I have asked and discussed my intake with several "pros" at both flowing and enginedevelopment and they all have nice things to say about it especially in compare to the stock one. But I should of course have asked you instead, you seem to be the real expert!

I think this is an option to the stock intake and also for the other tuners who offers intakes. This is an intake wich everyone could buy. Whats the point to discuss an intake no one will tell about or ever will sell? If you know all about this "reel carbon fibre intake" why dont you tell all the people at Reenlist who obviolusy will know?
Old 07-23-2004 | 08:49 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Corleone, I think your intake looks great but to be honest, I dont see how in the world you could EVER get even flow out of it, look at the volume of the last runner.

"I think" mean nothing in a world where numbers dont lie.

The problem with the stock manifold is that it does not flow evenly, there is no way this manifold can solve that problem.

Some people have reported around 30 HP from the Lindsey manifold.
Show me some proof that by swapping the manifold ONLY someone gained 30 HP. I dont buy that for one second. Maybe 30 Hp with a new head, manifold and cam.
Old 07-23-2004 | 09:10 PM
NZ951
Race Director

30HP from an LR manifold change is a load of crap.
Old 07-24-2004 | 12:33 AM
alexands
Pro

Saw this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36474

Powerhaus custom intake. Anyone know much about it? IS it a prototype or are there more than one?
Old 08-14-2005 | 04:22 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

bump. . . . .

I take it nothing ever came out of this?
Old 08-14-2005 | 05:01 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

wow Ted. This bump is akin to an archeological dig. I guess not. I still want to know if any of the bling bling Intake manis actually increase power in any way. Until someone proves it too me, I'm guessing no. Atleast not in a range that will actually be useful to a street car.
Old 08-14-2005 | 05:50 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Let me guess the future outcome... the product can be made for $2500+ and no one can afford or warrant the purchase of it
Old 08-14-2005 | 09:32 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm guessing that nothing will...unless one of us speaks fluent Swedish. lol
I REALLY want someone to build a better mani, and prove their numbers.

Quick Reply: carbon fibre intake