Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 Turbo (wet) weight

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

2998 lbs is the curb weight that's printed in my Turbo S owner's manual. The non-S cars are something like 100-150 lbs lighter.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:12 PM
reyk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 1/2 tank gas, no spare, jack, rear seat, tools, my 3 liter was 3050 lbs. It's got an airbag but no abs. I think Porsche claimed 2998 lbs for it in the owner's manual, with the original 2.5 liter engine.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

curb weight has something to do w/the weight minus certain options, etc- ACTUAL weight, OR, TEST weight is a better #- it's more of what you would have the car weigh when you are actually driving it, minus driver/passenger/personal items, weight- some people mistakenly assume that the driver weight is part of actual/test weight, but, it is NOT. the tet weight is normally used w/half a tank of gas- all fluids, etc, are all full, as hte car is in driving condition & all options, etc, for hte specific car are included- actual weight is normally ~150lbs heavier than curb weight.....

corner balancing- you weigh the car at each corner while aligning it & raise & lower given corners (by raising coil over height OR lowering) to get the same amount of weight at each corner or to get it balanced diagonally- you would want the weight of the left rear + right front to equal the weight of the right rear + the left front IIRC- racers do this to optimize handling- by raising the right front corner of the car a tiny bit, you will add weight to the left rear corner of the car, etc- this is usually done w/the driver in the driver seat AND a half tank of gas....
Old 07-06-2004, 05:16 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah like I said I weighed in at 3047lbs with half a tank of gas/spare/stereo/ect. I have abs/airbags/lsd/headlight washer's/turbo seat's/ect. So I think my car would be about the heaviest of the group. Even still I thought 3047 wasen't all that bad. I could easily take out a couple of hundred pounds.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

3047 isn't that bad, but, I doubt you could remove more than another 100 w/out ruining the car pretty much.... for TRACK it would be different though....

I HATE thinking about weight w/these damn cars- makes me think of the CS's, etc- they really sucked- they removed most of their weight by removing sound deadening- something they needed more of to begin with, not less- then, they did NOT remove any of the wiring harness- lot's of parts are so light, that the wiring to run them is heavier than the deleted part itself- like the power to manual mirrors- not to mention the dumbass way they did the rear seats- they got rid of it & gave a storge bin- BUT, they STUPIDLY used a THICK-*** piece of wood that actually ADDS weight, even when you consider the deleted rear seatbelts, etc.... anyway, I digress- doesn't matter b/c I'll never but one anyway..... I'll be lucky to outlive the POS I have... Can't emphasize ENOUGH how frustrated I am w/this car right now..... oh welll rant over....
Old 08-31-2022, 05:21 PM
Ilove904s
3rd Gear

[QUOTE=Robby;1396283]I would love to find out.... Chris Cervelli always called the 944's Flexi flyers.... can't imagine the Integra having much lighter chassis- 450lbs isn't much for the whole body.... the integra couldn't have been as good a chassis, but, I have to wonder- it DID handle fine- my turbo S doesn't handle for ****... VERY FRUSTRATING.... Not sure what to do anymore.... 275lbs springs (too much) 100lb helpers (perfect) w/LEdas (I HATE them) & Stock Turbo S sways w/968 caster blocks & 17's w/Pilot Sport PS2's- the tires have a TON of sidewall flex & I can't Find ANYONE to tell me WHY..... any input?

Just wondering, did you try looking at aftermarket coilovers for the 944? If anything top quality aftermarket coilovers can do wonders.
Old 09-01-2022, 11:47 AM
Penguinracer
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

How much do the U.S. spec bumpers & mounting structures weigh?
It seems that late European model ('88-'91) generally have a curb weight around 1400 kg (3086 lb) with full fluids & half a tank of gas.
Earlier models (''85 - '87) are perhaps 50 kg (110 lb) lighter on average.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:26 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

[QUOTE=Ilove904s;18335960]
Originally Posted by Robby
I would love to find out.... Chris Cervelli always called the 944's Flexi flyers.... can't imagine the Integra having much lighter chassis- 450lbs isn't much for the whole body.... the integra couldn't have been as good a chassis, but, I have to wonder- it DID handle fine- my turbo S doesn't handle for ****... VERY FRUSTRATING.... Not sure what to do anymore.... 275lbs springs (too much) 100lb helpers (perfect) w/LEdas (I HATE them) & Stock Turbo S sways w/968 caster blocks & 17's w/Pilot Sport PS2's- the tires have a TON of sidewall flex & I can't Find ANYONE to tell me WHY..... any input?

Just wondering, did you try looking at aftermarket coilovers for the 944? If anything top quality aftermarket coilovers can do wonders.
That's the best thread resurection I've ever seen. Over 18 years!

Quick Reply: 944 Turbo (wet) weight