Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Boost

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Yea.. I was kind of shocked when I first saw the temps but the car didn't seem to care much. The 290 outlet was the highest I ever saw and was summertime with 95F temps or so if I recall. I don't run terribly aggressive timing with the high boost and never had significant hits on the knock counter. My setup is pretty much stock except for MAF, hardpipes, tune, #44 injectors, catback, and the K27/8. I'm sure the guys running modern turbos with all the goodies are making a lot more power than I was.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:17 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Perry 951
Yea.. I was kind of shocked when I first saw the temps but the car didn't seem to care much. The 290 outlet was the highest I ever saw and was summertime with 95F temps or so if I recall. I don't run terribly aggressive timing with the high boost and never had significant hits on the knock counter. My setup is pretty much stock except for MAF, hardpipes, tune, #44 injectors, catback, and the K27/8. I'm sure the guys running modern turbos with all the goodies are making a lot more power than I was.
I think your out of the turbos efficiency of your getting intake temps like that.... I can put my hand on my intercooler pipe and it’s cold to the touch... at 21psi. Temps will drop with a more efficient turbo. I’m also running a modified factory intercooler, end tanks opened up.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by fast924S
I think your out of the turbos efficiency of your getting intake temps like that..
I have no doubt! At 18psi, I'm in the 165-185 range on the stock intercooler with 90-95 ambient temps. When installed 20 years ago, the design was already 20 years old! I plan to send it to Charlie @ Evergreen so he can refresh it and put new wheels on it. Since I'm older and wiser, I've elected to have a nice running weekend toy and not an all out racer like I used to have it. I might splurge for the end tank mod since there is nothing but good things to say about it.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:47 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

https://www.garrettmotion.com/wp-con...o-Tech-102.pdf

Something that might help....then again maybe not.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:13 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by E-man930
Oh still can’t comprehend what is taking place so far, huh?

There is only one casting? Is that what you mean when you typed “Count it one kkk replica housing on the market currently?”

Because in the real world where we put aside make believe and discuss data based on factual evidence there are currently 7-8 different K26 KKK factory hot housing castings used by Porsche and Audi excluding the marine and heavy industry K26 housings, 3 replica style castings, one Garret failure of a K26 casting, one PTE K26 casting, one TS K26 casting, and two additional castings currently under development to further this line of turbos.

So are you just stupid or what? Because you can’t seem to comprehend English and pictures don’t help either.
Quick update for those interested in factual data. I left out one modern K26 hot housing, the one shown below from a special project pair of turbos I was involved with. So this brings the total number of currently available brand new design non-replica k26 style housings to 6 from my previously mentioned 5.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:05 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

What turbine/compressor wheel setup do you use with your turbos? I've only read on here your posts and don't recall all the data.....just curious that's all.

Thanks

Quick update for those interested in factual data. I left out one modern K26 hot housing, the one shown below from a special project pair of turbos I was involved with. So this brings the total number of currently available brand new design non-replica k26 style housings to 6 from my previously mentioned 5.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 PM
E-man930
Banned

Grushy the turbos are custom sized to the engine and user desired end goals. The stainless Tial K26 housings have a 9.5cm scroll width that I hand port, polish, and blueprint to a 10.5cm. That said they are only designed to work with Tial’s Xona Rotor supercore which can be machined / assembled into a variety of sizes and configurations. The two units built so far went to different owners that both had 2.8L 951 8v cars. Both were sized as a 61/56, one in an X2C frame, the other in an X3C frame. Also, all of the turbos are custom sized and machined to match, so while many Voodoo and Ultraspool bolt in turbos have been sold and installed, their have been a huge number of variations and combinations of billet compressor wheels and hi-flow / hi-spool turbines used so far to ensure the turbo performs as intended. The Holset frame used on the Voodoo and Ultraspool series allows for a huge selection of OEM and aftermarket wheels and turbines allowing great flexibility in building a custom turbo for use on 2.5-3.6L 8v & 16v M44 engines.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:18 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I still haven't counted 5. You've stated 3 in your above quote. Garrett which is in the link I posted earlier. Precision and Tial sport.
Now I must admit that I didn't know Tial made a k26 flange housing. However, Precision no longer produces the k26. They stopped production. So that only leaves Garrett and Tial.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:32 AM
E-man930
Banned

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
I still haven't counted 5. You've stated 3 in your above quote. Garrett which is in the link I posted earlier. Precision and Tial sport.
Now I must admit that I didn't know Tial made a k26 flange housing. However, Precision no longer produces the k26. They stopped production. So that only leaves Garrett and Tial.
This **** is above your pay grade bro. Maybe you should take an ESL class and then come back and re-read everything I posted.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:41 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

This **** is above your pay grade bro. Maybe you should take an ESL class and then come back and re-read everything I posted.
Guy's like you! I know plenty.. Start to attach people instead of posting actual facts. Its Ok because it shows how smart you really are.

Quick Reply: Boost