Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Boost

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2019 | 10:52 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by E-man930
The above info is 100% incorrect and shows how proudly ignorant you are. The aspect ratio (AR) of a hot housing is measured by measuring the area of the exhaust turbine inlet hole compared to the radius of the casting from the impeller centerline. Ten different turbochargers manufacturers can make an advertise a .82AR hot housing and the measurement of the scroll tang area can vary from 6cm^2 to 20cm^2 or even greater if looking at housings from turbos used in industrial applications. So tell me again since you stated that you “just did some calculations,” how is it not a 14cm^2 housing? Have you cut one part? Have you casted the scroll with a silicone mold? Please enlighten me.
Your right the housing is the same. Its the honing process that changes the over all a/r depending on the wheel that it accepts. Changing the overall a/r. Its still one casting though. Just the milling process changed.
Old 10-03-2019 | 11:10 PM
E-man930
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Your right the housing is the same. Its the honing process that changes the over all a/r depending on the wheel that it accepts. Changing the overall a/r. Its still one casting though. Just the milling process changed.
Do you mean the machining process? The AR will change based on the turbine size selected. The larger the turbine the smaller the respective AR. What does this have to do with your prior statements and my specific questions asking for further explanations?

And since the AR on a #10 replica hot housing is identical to the AR on a #8 replica hot housing why is one 10cm^2 and the other 8cm^2? Please explain.
Old 10-03-2019 | 11:17 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Do you mean the machining process? The AR will change based on the turbine size selected. The larger the turbine the smaller the respective AR. What does this have to do with your prior statements and my specific questions asking for further explanations?

And since the AR on a #10 replica hot housing is identical to the AR on a #8 replica hot housing why is one 10cm^2 and the other 8cm^2? Please explain.
The volume or depth of the housing has changed. there are variations on wheel sizes and the depth measurement between two wheels aren't the same. I took geometry btw..
Let me add my emoji
Old 10-03-2019 | 11:23 PM
E-man930
Banned

The volume or depth of the housing has changed. there are variations on wheel sizes and the depth measurement between two wheels aren't the same. I took geometry btw..

Geometry won’t help you if you don’t know when and how to apply it. The scroll width is larger on the #10 to answer my own question.

Please explain what you mean when you say “there are variations on wheel sizes and the depth measurement between two wheels aren't the same.”

What are you referring to and how does this correlate to your earlier incorrect statements littered through out this thread. Please help me understand why you are posting on a topic you do not have a good grasp on.
Old 10-03-2019 | 11:27 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Geometry won’t help you if you don’t know when and how to apply it. The scroll width is larger on the #10 to answer my own question.

Please explain what you mean when you say “there are variations on wheel sizes and the depth measurement between two wheels aren't the same.”

What are you referring to and how does this correlate to your earlier incorrect statements littered through out this thread. Please help me understand why you are posting on a topic you do not have a good grasp on.
Simple. if you have a 2.5 inch wheel depth vs a 3.0 inch wheel depth the housing will be modified or a larger housing will take its place. A/r accounts for this because the formulation is also based on volume.
Old 10-03-2019 | 11:31 PM
E-man930
Banned

Simple. if you have a 2.5 inch wheel vs a 3.0 inch wheel the housing will be modified or a larger housing will take its place. A/r accounts for this because the formulation is also based on volume.
Really? Where does volume come into play when calculating AR or CM^2? Please explain.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:00 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Really? Where does volume come into play when calculating AR or CM^2? Please explain.
I already did. A housing is cast. It comes with a stamp with the a/r. The machining process alters the a/r based on the wheel used and its up to the machinist to publish said numbers. The housing that one starts with doesn't change though. Its manufactured as a static radius. that can't be changed. No matter what one does. What changes is the area when said wheel is inserted. So the formulation changes based on wheel not radius. Nothing different than I stated from earlier on. I don't know what makes you feel otherwise.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:09 AM
E-man930
Banned

I already did. A housing is cast. It comes with a stamp with the a/r. The machining process alters the a/r based on the wheel used and its up to the machinist to publish said numbers. The housing that one starts with doesn't change though. Its manufactured as a static radius. that can't be changed. No matter what one does. What changes is the area when said wheel is inserted. So the formulation changes based on wheel not radius. Nothing different than I stated from earlier on. I don't know what makes you feel otherwise.

I don’t think you understand the words you are typing in this post. I think you should do everyone a favor and not chime in on turbocharger technical posts until you have a better understanding of what is being discussed. Right now your posts present like a high speed train collision. You have taken away from valid points made in the thread with irrelevant and incorrect information that you fail to understand perpetuating the circle of idiocy. Only you can help prevent this from reoccurring by not adding your two cents when the subject matter is out of your lane of knowledge.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:15 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

I don’t think you understand the words you are typing in this post. I think you should do everyone a favor and not chime in on turbocharger technical posts until you have a better understanding of what is being discussed. Right now your posts present like a high speed train collision. You have taken away from valid points made in the thread with irrelevant and incorrect information that you fail to understand perpetuating the circle of idiocy. Only you can help prevent this from reoccurring by not adding your two cents when the subject matter is out of your lane of knowledge.
Your making it out to be some kind of rocket knowledge when its not. Like I stated. there is only one. Count it one kkk replica housing on the market currently. Please don't try and make a fool out of me. Your not casting them in your basement. Someone is making it for you, so your not actually talking from a designer perspective.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:25 AM
E-man930
Banned

Your making it out to be some kind of rocket knowledge when its not. Like I stated. there is only one. Count it one kkk replica housing on the market currently. Please don't try and make a fool out of me. Your not casting them in your basement. Someone is making it for you, so your not actually talking from a designer perspective.
Oh still can’t comprehend what is taking place so far, huh?

There is only one casting? Is that what you mean when you typed “Count it one kkk replica housing on the market currently?”

Because in the real world where we put aside make believe and discuss data based on factual evidence there are currently 7-8 different K26 KKK factory hot housing castings used by Porsche and Audi excluding the marine and heavy industry K26 housings, 3 replica style castings, one Garret failure of a K26 casting, one PTE K26 casting, one TS K26 casting, and two additional castings currently under development to further this line of turbos.

So are you just stupid or what? Because you can’t seem to comprehend English and pictures don’t help either.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:31 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Oh still can’t comprehend what is taking place so far, huh?

There is only one casting? Is that what you mean when you typed “Count it one kkk replica housing on the market currently?”

Because in the real world where we put aside make believe and discuss data based on factual evidence there are currently 7-8 different K26 KKK factory hot housing castings used by Porsche and Audi excluding the marine and heavy industry K26 housings, 3 replica style castings, one Garret failure of a K26 casting, one PTE K26 casting, one TS K26 casting, and two additional castings currently under development to further this line of turbos.

So are you just stupid or what? Because you can’t seem to comprehend English and pictures don’t help either.
Your adding skills are amusing me. 7-8 kkk turbos don't count. We were on the subject of replicas. Now your down to 3 with one no longer made and one in development. That leaves one. Don't make me laugh. Talk about semantics. At least now your telling the truth.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:34 AM
E-man930
Banned

Your adding skills are amusing me. 7-8 kkk turbos don't count. We were on the subject of replicas. Now your down to 3 with one no longer made and one in development. That leaves one. Don't make me laugh. Talk about semantics. At least now your telling the truth.
😂😂😂
I wish I could have the time I spent reading and replying to your posts back. I’m moving on with my life now homie, keep up the dumbs.
Old 10-04-2019 | 12:41 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

😂😂😂
I wish I could have the time I spent reading and replying to your posts back. I’m moving on with my life now homie, keep up the dumbs.
It was fun chatting.
Old 10-04-2019 | 01:11 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

I haven't read a pissing contest like this in a long time.

I'm still stuck back on page 2 where there are guys running 30psi on factory size head studs without thread support or timeserts. I thought my failure at 25psi might be the limit of what these can handle long term (years, not a few runs or track sessions), but apparently not. Any ideas what pre/post intercooler temps are on these cars? My thermocouples showed 370F peak at inlet and 290F at outlet on the factory intercooler. Obviously a better intercooler setup would help a ton.
Old 10-04-2019 | 01:22 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow 370 and 290 little higher than I would have thought. I should buy some thermocouples and stick them in my LR stage 2 setup and see......when I get the car back on the road sometime this century.

Quick Reply: Boost