Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT - What's your most amusing "race" story?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Dwayne Williams
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT - What's your most amusing "race" story?

I thought this was amusing enough to share. I'm at a stoplight today when a 40-year old soccer mom pulls up next to me in her Suburban (for those of you not from Texas they issue those to pretty much every housewife/working mom around here - well maybe it just seems like it). She looks over at me, winks, and starts revving her engine. The light turns and she just floors it. I was laughing so hard I just about stalled it.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 AM
mochman
Pro

you should have given pursuit might have been a MILF.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:46 AM
turbite
Burning Brakes

The sad part is, if you were in your 951, she wouldve spanked you off the line!
Old 02-23-2004, 02:15 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Here is mine:
A 280 pound lady in a Turbo Eclipse...
I have since concluded I just didn't know how to drive the damn car back then... I am much wiser now!
Old 02-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Haha, good one.

Off the top of my head:

Completely discouraging some Honda driven by a teenager from accelerating aggressively at all: I was in my 944 NA, had no intention of racing whatsoever, and simply gave a nice clean rev while at the red light. Honda boy was winding his lawn mower up and down but crept away from the stop light very cautiously after hearing the massive power hidden behind the Porsche 4-cylinder.

As for the 951, the only "race" stories I have is the plethora of people who try to entice me to race them. I'm lead to believe that something about a red car and the words Porsche and 'turbo' on it that cause this.

Last edited by Kurt; 02-23-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:59 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey dpt that es3l guy is a freaking idoit. After reading his post I thought he was from compton....sadly looking over to see he lives in vegas. Next time I am in vegas I am going to make sure I watch out for that idiot.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:00 PM
James86-951
Pro

I was in my wife Dodge GRAND Caravan. I was matched up with a small asian guy driving an old Lincoln Town Car. We were going up the entrance ramp on to I-575. MINIVANS RULE!!

Oh, in Atlanta the SUV's soccer moms drive are called the Suburban Housewife Assault Vehicles.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

I took a beat up Ford F150 from the early '80's a couple nights ago from a stoplight/on-ramp. I was hindered by my fiancee's additional mass in the passenger seat (no she's not heavy, damn it, but it's a light car). Regardless, I spun the revs as high as I dared, making certain to make every shift a clean one. It wasn't until third gear that I started pulling on him, slowly (my launch was hindered by the lack of LSD).

I think the truck was aided by the 8 and 15 stickers prominently displayed in the rear window. Guy obviously had some incredible driving skills, too.

I'm definitely disappointed in the performance of the car. Guess I need to start looking for some mods. Anyone know of a chip or turbo kit for a '95 Geo Prizm?

BTW, as all of this unfolded, I could not stop laughing. Even the fiancee, who usually shakes her head at my childish behavior, was incredibly entertained by the stupidest display of the evening.

-Jon
Old 02-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The other night I was on the way to dinner in the 540. This kid pulls up next to me in a Civic with clear lights, loud exhaust, cheap body kit, crappy steel wheels (no more description needed). I usually let it go but for some reason this guy was pissing me off (I think he was staring at my wife). Light turns green and I stomp it. When I slowed down to let him catch up he looked like someone had castrated him. His GF just saw him get SPANKED by a family sedan!!! I have to tell you I love how quick the 540 is.

For those that dont know the E34 540 is a tad quicker than a stock 951.

Now when the 951 is done it wont be worth wasting the gas.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:00 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

This was about 10 years ago...

I was driving on a 1 lane road late at night, doing speed limit, when I was being tailed by some kids in a Talon turbo. There was a center lane that's used by both sides of traffic for turning... it's covered lightly with gravel from winter sanding, so it's very slippery when dry.

Kids in the Talon decides to pass me by using the center lane. Obviously, I floor it so they can't pass me, don't want them shooting rocks and getting my front end all chipped! Protect my baby at all costs! . After a short burst, we near the end of the block, I slam on my brakes to stop for the stop sign, which sits in the center section on a concrete median. I stop with room to spare. They barely lose any speed thanks to the gravel, slam into the median, over it, mow down the stop sign, and stop in the middle of the intersection, with coolant, bumper, lights, all over the place. I drive off slowly off the line and continue going speed limit.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just watch out for this guy.....

http://www.turbovan.net/van.html
Old 02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

This weekend I had a good one. I was just accelerating at my normal quick pace, no launch, no wheelspin, no flames from the exhaust, and I hear this engine working it's *** off beside me. Once I hit my regular cruising speed (a little over the limit) I got a huge grin and a big thumbs up from the guy in the corrado when he caught up. Cool guy, cool car, but I didn't realize that I was even racing.

Justin
Old 02-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by rage2
This was about 10 years ago...

I was driving on a 1 lane road late at night, doing speed limit, when I was being tailed by some kids in a Talon turbo. There was a center lane that's used by both sides of traffic for turning... it's covered lightly with gravel from winter sanding, so it's very slippery when dry.

Kids in the Talon decides to pass me by using the center lane. Obviously, I floor it so they can't pass me, don't want them shooting rocks and getting my front end all chipped! Protect my baby at all costs! . After a short burst, we near the end of the block, I slam on my brakes to stop for the stop sign, which sits in the center section on a concrete median. I stop with room to spare. They barely lose any speed thanks to the gravel, slam into the median, over it, mow down the stop sign, and stop in the middle of the intersection, with coolant, bumper, lights, all over the place. I drive off slowly off the line and continue going speed limit.
Thats a hilarious story! So great. I was in the car with my brother a few weeks ago. We were making a right turn, and a car in the left lane desperatly wanted in to the right lane to make a right. (this is rush hour in LA, just so you can understand, lots of cars trying to get home) So after about 15 cars absolutly deny this person, my brother lets her in. (We always let people in, whats another 5 seconds?) well, the chick behind us in a ford explorer didn't like the extra 5 seconds she had to wait while we let that person in. She honked. We went, and to **** her off, we stayed a couple under the speed limit, she got pissed, and went to pass in the center divider on a city traffic road! We hit it, caught up to the car in front, which was about 10 car lengths ahead, and wouldnt let her back in, so she tried a few cars ahead until someone let her in. She pulled into the grocery market a little down the road. We pulled up to her as she was getting out of her car, there was a pissing match and we left with a license plate number. We didn't call the police or anything, she was pissed enough, and its not like we werent being dicks either. But justified dicks we were.
~Eyal
Old 02-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Aleks951
Instructor

Originally posted by turbite
The sad part is, if you were in your 951, she wouldve spanked you off the line!
Funny...yet unfortunately true.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:46 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Well one day I was just driving at my normal speed few over some rice kid pulls up with like 5 people in his accord old one at that. He revs his engine I just look over and had my gf wave and hit the gas. Stock 951 I pull ahead once boost hits he then hit his nos button and I though and really did think his engine just fell out of the car it was painful to hear. The sad thing is he never got even to the door when he did that. BTW do people ask you guys is that "Porshhh" fast? I always tell them it's stock and it's slow like this pass weekend also the kid offered me 500$ for it lol I know I need paint and have a white epoxy primer front end with some body damage from and F 150 backing up into it but I think I could get 3500$ lol

Quick Reply: OT - What's your most amusing "race" story?