Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

M Tune and Linsey Racing 4” exhaust - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 01:51 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 187 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by shortyboy
Though wait time on SFR might be long, it will definitely be worth it.
Lol, that's an understatement. I ordered a 3" Vband downpipe from Tim at SFR and 6 months later with MANY excuses, promises, delays I got this from SFR: A 2.5" pipe with the wrong flanges and crappy welds. Tim has the ability to make nice stuff. I was a returning customer for many years, but after the last experience I'll never deal with Speed Force Racing again.

Attachment 1341392

Attachment 1341393
Attachment 1341394
Attachment 1341395
Attachment 1341396
Old 08-23-2019, 09:20 PM
zmf
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Yeah.

To the OP. I had an older 3 inch LR cat bypass and cat back. I personally wouldn't purchase it again. Had some fitment issues with clearing the rear m030 sway-bar and also had a band break. The system hangs low at one point and fitment wasn't precise like a factory system. They may or may not have improved over the years. Not sure.
Had the same problem with the LR exhaust I ordered two months ago. Poor fit and it was the lowest point on the car. It was returned.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:35 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Not too many options. So its the best of two evils. I never tried fabspeed. Anybody have some experience with there products?
Old 08-23-2019, 10:40 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

It seems that Tim doesnt do all the fabrication or welding all the time and its a hit or miss. I had a similar experience with my headers and downpipe/ exhaust. The downpipe and full exhaust system fit perfectly. Where as the headers didnt fit properly and the cross over hit the oil pan. When I sent it back, repair was done within a few days and noticed a slip-fit connection at the cross over ( didnt have it initially ). You just need to be persistent. Im guessing hes over the whole Porsche scene now since hes been doing for some time now. If anyone of you are following him, hes the fabricator for the V12 Twin Turbo Supra.

Originally Posted by JustinL
Lol, that's an understatement. I ordered a 3" Vband downpipe from Tim at SFR and 6 months later with MANY excuses, promises, delays I got this from SFR: A 2.5" pipe with the wrong flanges and crappy welds. Tim has the ability to make nice stuff. I was a returning customer for many years, but after the last experience I'll never deal with Speed Force Racing again.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:43 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks like you may have received my exhaust by mistake. On second thought im glad they sent it to you. Lol. Its difficult to get a sober latin American to see straight on a Monday much less weld. Ask for Wednesday or Thursday production runs
Old 08-23-2019, 11:10 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Yeah I had to return it, but crossing borders I get dinged on import charges, which I never get back. I was lucky to get my money back at all and had to go through the credit card company. It's not really my problem if he has other projects on the go, if he is going to do business, he should do good business. I feel like he was just shipping me stuff so he could get me a tracking number knowing that I'd have to return it. It was the worst experience I've had with a vendor and after seeing those welds and the price they charge for work, I just had it done locally by a buddy.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:04 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 508 Posts

Probably 4 years ago I visited SFR (i used to live a few minutes away) and even then Tim wanted to get out of 944 stuff.

SFR is a medium-large size tuner shop specializing mostly in fast Japanese stuff (Z cars, Mitsubishi, honda dragsters). 944s have never been much more than a blip on their radar. They've probably got 10-15 people working there so anybody could have welded that pipe up.

Their parking lot and shop is always packed so i suspect they're busy working on their main revenue source rather than alacarte obscure 944 stuff.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:48 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by V2Rocket
Their parking lot and shop is always packed so i suspect they're busy working on their main revenue source rather than alacarte obscure 944 stuff.
That's fine if they want to change direction, then get out of the 944 stuff and don't advertise it. Waiting 6 months, getting multiple wrong packages and a constant stream of excuses, not giving a refund when asked is a terrible way to run a business. If you can't do it, just tell your customers and don't jerk them around.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:12 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

If you can't do it, just tell your customers and don't jerk them around.
Whoa, whoa, whoa let’s not go crazy here! Not being competent and jerking customers around is a business model of many 944 vendors, do we want nobody to supply our community? What next, you want to get rid of failed group buys too?
Old 08-26-2019, 10:34 AM
mdj577
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Not too many options. So its the best of two evils. I never tried fabspeed. Anybody have some experience with there products?

Have a FabSpeed cat delete 3" on my street car. Very happy with it. Doesn't seem to have fitment issues. Pricey but man is it gorgeous. Been on the car about 3 yrs now. Sounds good too. Subtle but satisfying.

Quick Reply: M Tune and Linsey Racing 4” exhaust - thoughts?