Vitesse Winter Sale

Old 01-28-2019, 07:17 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Vitesse Winter Sale

The Vitesse winter sale event is here. Hope you can take advantage of the discounts, which are offered to Rennlist members only.
The sale event ends Feb 10th, so all purchases must be completed by then.

Please contact me directly to order and make sure to mention "Rennlist Sale" to receive 10% any off the followings:

- 951 Vitesse MAF kit (MAF, Latest V-MAF+ software, MAP, J-pipe, hoses and clamps)
- V-Knock
- Motronic Monitor data display and logger.

Get the products that are known for reliability and performance with a second to none support.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:28 AM
Tom M'Guinn
Addict
Rennlist Member

For those new here, John's parts and service are the best available at any price in my opinion. John invented the true-MAF approach many moons ago, and has done nothing but make it better and better over the years. I have his stuff on my 3 liter (dyno'd at 500/500) and a friend has the VR stage 2 system on his stock 2.5 liter motor. Both cars are beasts. I have an '18 911 Turbo S, and have done pulls against the VR-equipped 2.5L 951. The 911 has more at the top of the rpm range, but the 951 holds its own just fine until then. No affiliation, just a long-term super-fan of the Vitesse products and services.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:35 AM
gruhsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom what is your weight difference between your 951 and 911 Turbo S ?
Old 01-31-2019, 11:37 AM
87944turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

For those new here, John's parts and service are the best available at any price in my opinion.
+951 - you will not find better service. How many players have come and gone in this arena? I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head and I know there are more. I messed around with cheap stuff for several years before biting the bullet and having John burn me a chip. Car has been running flawless for over 10 years now.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:52 PM
Amalgamated Tom

Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gruhsy View Post
Tom what is your weight difference between your 951 and 911 Turbo S ?

Roughly 600 pounds. Heated steering wheels aren't light.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:01 PM
finally!
User

OK, read the Vitesse page on advantages of the V-MAF+
What I couldn't see was, absent any other upgrades (i.e. turbo, exhaust, etc.) if it increases HP or torque.

On my 86 Turbo, the only modifications are cat delete and exhaust. On my list for future items are Lindsey Racing Dual Port Wastegate, Lindsey Racing Manual Boost Controller and 3 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator

Open to suggestions! THANKS!
Old 02-01-2019, 11:44 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tom, Ben thank you for the support. It has been a pleasure.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:54 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

When you free up the intake, run proper AFRs and ignition the engine will be more reliable and performs best (more TQ/HP) . Peak numbers are not as important as the area under the power curve. So yes, with Vitesse MAF conversion you get performance, drivability and reliability. It has been proven over and over again. Start your search 15+ years back and discover what actual customers experienced.

Originally Posted by finally! View Post
What I couldn't see was, absent any other upgrades (i.e. turbo, exhaust, etc.) if it increases HP or torque.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Amalgamated Tom

Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by finally! View Post

On my 86 Turbo, the only modifications are cat delete and exhaust. On my list for future items are Lindsey Racing Dual Port Wastegate, Lindsey Racing Manual Boost Controller and 3 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator

The MAF itself might free up the intake for a few horsepower, but its true value is that it allows you to add a boost controller (and everything else you're imagination can muster) to make big power. If you get the MAF and a manual boost controller, it will transform your car with much harder-hitting boost and an extra 30-50hp. The difference is night and day. But the true beauty of the MAF system is that it will keep up with whatever you throw at the car -- cams, injectors, downpipes, exhaust, intercoolers, water injection, etc., etc. I'm sure John knows the theoretical HP limits of his MAF (i.e., how much air it can measure before maxing out), but I'm honestly not sure anyone has ever got there in real life.

p.s., I think you're thinking about the FPR wrong. It doesn't help as a stand-alone part -- will only make your car run poorly and waste gas. It needs to be matched to the software maps and injectors you use. John's MAF does that (and happens to use a 3 bar FPR).

Edit: sorry, my post crossed with John's, but same gist. John won't say it, but if you go with his MAF and a boost controller, you'll be stunned how much faster your car becomes.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:31 PM
finally!
User

Originally Posted by fast951 View Post
When you free up the intake, run proper AFRs and ignition the engine will be more reliable and performs best (more TQ/HP) . Peak numbers are not as important as the area under the power curve. So yes, with Vitesse MAF conversion you get performance, drivability and reliability. It has been proven over and over again. Start your search 15+ years back and discover what actual customers experienced.
THANKS! Email sent and voice mail left to make order before sale ends!
Kenny West
Old 02-04-2019, 04:05 PM
finally!
User

OK, placing order and after speaking to John he said I need to purchase on my own a 3.0 bar FPR, seeing tons of them out there via google, so, suggestions on which to go with?

Lastly, should I also get the Lindsey Racing Dual Port Wastegate, Lindsey Racing Manual Boost Controller or not needed?

Looking at this for FPR
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by finally!; 02-04-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 PM
Amalgamated Tom

Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

That looks like the right FPR. It's for cars with the clamp-on fuel hose connection, which the vast majority of theses cars have. If you have a late model car, before ordering just make sure you don't have a screw on hose fitting coming off the back of the FPR.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:43 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you everyone. Shipped a many packages today, should have everything shipped by Friday.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 PM
finally!
User

Originally Posted by fast951 View Post
Thank you everyone. Shipped a many packages today, should have everything shipped by Friday.
WOO HOO! My kit will be here tomorrow, alas won't be able to install until other parts arrive.. Bought, based on John's suggestion, a Innovate Motorsports 3882 SCG-1 Solenoid Boost Controller w/Wideband Gauge Kit. So far have:waiting to install...
  • Vitesse kit
  • Bosch 3 bar FPR
  • Innovate Motorsports 3882 SCG-1 Solenoid Boost Controller w/Wideband Gauge Kit (Suggested by John)
  • 80 lb injectors (from John)
What else, if anything do I need to amp up the boost, etc.? dual gate wastegate? BOV?

Last edited by finally!; 02-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:35 AM
gruhsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Exhaust???? What do you have?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: