Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey or vitesse package?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Mark Szalaiy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little late to this thread but I also have a kokeln V ( club ) turbo that I'm very happy with. I haven't dyno'd it yet but it really feels like it makes alot of power from 4000 rpm to red line.

Mark
Old 12-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Mark Szalaiy
I'm a little late to this thread but I also have a kokeln V ( club ) turbo that I'm very happy with. I haven't dyno'd it yet but it really feels like it makes alot of power from 4000 rpm to red line.

Mark
Your quarter mile trap speed confirmes your turbo makes a lot of power!!
If your car weighed about 1550 kg (3420 lbs) with gas, driver etc. with a trap speed of 121 mph = about 410 RWHP.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Sean Hall
Racer

I bought several things from Linsey Racing. He's been very helpful and seems to run a first-class business.

On the other hand, I think Vitesse is okay only if you stay within the confimes of one of the established kits(Stg I/II).
From what I've heard, people seem to be happy with their kit purchases, but things seem to go down hill if you want a little flexibility from Vitesse(Maybe a few of the other people who know what I'm talking about will chime in)

As for me, I went outside of established 'kits' and wanted a turbo/MAF/SMT6 with no chips.
The expereince went bad when after six weeks of trying to get a properly sized/functioning MAF, I asked for my money back. John refused stating "I gave you plenty of chances to explain your position, yet you came back with nothing..."

So be forewarned, Vitesse has a "No Returns" policy yet you won't know it until you try to return something. None of the products I received from Vitesse had any policy in the package, nor a receipt.
So IMO, Vitesse's true colors came through in this instance.

Heh, I still don't have the MAF that I paid for...

Sean
Old 12-10-2003, 04:48 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Sean,

Too bad you feel that way. I worked with you, I was very flexible (remember calling me many times 10pm, 11pm even midnight)... The return policy is on the website!!!

You were aware of everything before hand... You were trying to save some money and I offered to help you out. Instead, you claimed (weeks after receiving it, and after tampering with the wiring harness that I supplied) that the MAF was bad, I sent you a second one... Then you decided to upgrade your injectors... At this point I suggested we upgrade the MAF.. Again, all this MAF upgrade I was paying for... From the beginning I told you that depending on your engine/turbo/cam we might have to upgrade the MAF... The upgrade was not costing you a thing... I provided the support beyond what's called for... Heck I was even helping you tune your car, something I never agreed to do, nor did you pay for. So where is the lack of flexibility here!
You agreed to the MAF upgrade, after I got it, you decided you want to go elsewhere.. Your reason for refund was because you were not sure I'll be in business in 2-3 years for further support.. Gee that's a great reason for a return LOL

It appears to me, that you received the service you needed, I helped you figure out what needs to be done, and then you wanted to get something less expensive elsewhere... It's very interesting how you tampered with both MAFs I sent you trying to figure out the specs. Interesting that you dissected the wiring harness I sent you in order to figure it out, then decided to keep it for free, and eventually decided to return it when you knew it costs money!!! Also very interesting how your attitude changed for the worst when you found out that I was not giving you chips... Interesting how disappointed you were when I refused to drop ship a product.. You wanted to know my supplier and my specs, but it didn't work...

I was very surprised you wanted my chips even though you claim to have a friend that can modify and burn chips... It appears to me that you were trying to get a free ride, if not trying to copy info. Of course you didn't want to pay for the chips, oh you were thinking that you were special and that you were doing R&D.. Guess what, there is much for you
to know.. I don't need you to do R&D, I have working products...

How many place returns used electrical equipments? NONE
How many place works with you on a product 30 days after you received it? NONE but I did!
How many place agrees to work with you to figure out the best MAF for your car at their own cost? I did
How many tuner takes your calls past 11pm and on weekend? None, but I did
How many tuner would help you tune your car for free? None
How many place agrees to send you replacement parts before receiving what you had? None, but I did
How many place takes back electrical equipment (harness) that the customer dissected? NONE
How many business goes against published policy, just because "Sean" wanted it? NONE and not me.

Let's talk about flexibility!!! However if flexibility means a feebee, and getting taken by a person like you, then no I'm not flexible.

As for the 6 weeks you mention. You Always received the products when you wanted them. You were doing your own tuning, and you car had other problems... Bad clutch? Leaky fuel rail? Oh, the MAF must have caused those problems..

You do not have a MAF because you did not want the upgraded MAF to work with your new criteria of 75# injectors..
As I stated in an email that I know you received, you owe us money, and when you pay for the shipping the MAF will be sent to you... I guess you expect to get another freebee ha??

Knowing how you complained about Danno and the damage he caused to your engine, I'm not surprised you are talking bad about me... I knew your true color from the beginning, I just wanted to be wrong about you.

The truth of the matter is that your true color shows now. I didn't fall for your BS game, and now you are complaining....

One thing I know.. You can never make everyone happy!!
Also, I know never to wrestle with a pig, he loves it and you just get muddy...

You can try to talk bad about me, for the sole reason to hurt my business. The truth always comes out, and
your true color will show.. The sooner you pay what you owe, the sooner you get your MAF.

As far as I'm concerned, this matter is done. I wasted enough time on you Sean, I will no longer reply to your faulty accusations. No more special treatment for little Sean, Best of luck to you!!!

Old 12-10-2003, 05:35 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Just a quick note.....

Before this turns into a Flame War - and the thread is locked - and several get nasty e-mails from me......

Remember - I always get the last word into a "closed thread"...

So - if this thread is to remain open - please think before you post a reply... And - if you REALLY NEED to vent - feel free to e-mail me at admin@rennlist.com - I'm sort'a used to Flames and folks venting....

Thanks...!.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks JohnD. glad to hear you are hanging around here!
Old 12-10-2003, 06:10 PM
John D.
Banned

Where else would I hang out!!! Heh..!!!

Seriously - I know there will be replies - but - I'll ask they be polite, no slinging - and professional.. It's the first time I've left the "door open" for both after a thread starts headed this way, so.....

Yea - I'm a believer in human nature will always dictate the right thing to do.. That's just me....
Old 12-10-2003, 06:20 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

John,

As I stated, there will be no more replies from me...

At times it's best not to respond...

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Sean Hall
Racer

John,
This thread isn't the place to discuss this. My post that initiated your response was relevant to the topic. Yours, is not. I typically don't respond to diatribes, but I can't let flat-out lies go unaddressed. Additionally, the fact that you're speaking on my behalf in your response, illustrates your professionalism, or lack there of, in this matter. Let me clarrify this now... The words in your response are *YOUR* words, not mine. What you said about Danno and other conjecture about why I made the choices I made are not my words, they are YOUR words.

Okay, now that thats done. Here are the facts for those of you interested:
- My car previously had a Split Second MAF. I installed it, thus I know how to wire one up.
- John sends me MAF #1(rectangular connector) and adaptor to stock wiring harness.
- I remove the white computer print out stuck to MAF with clear tape. The paper reads 'Vitesse'.(This is what John calls "tampering".)
- I sent John an e-mail on 10/28 for a price on his chips. No response. I ask him several other times on the phone. He avoids the question each time.
- I spend over two weeks chasing down symptoms related to issues with MAF #1. Contrary to John's assertion, no other problems stood in the way of this(Clutch, Fuel Rail, etc). Heh, just ask my wife how many nights I spent in the garage tryng to get my car to run right... =) Yes, one week I didn't troubleshoot my car because of the leaky fuel rail. Big deal.
- I install my Split Second MAF, car works/runs fine. I drive car for first time with SMT6.
- I send back MAF #1(rectangular connector)
- John sends me MAF #2(oval connector) and oval MAF pigtail wire. This MAF has an OVAL connector. Therefore, John sends me an OVAL pigtail connector with this MAF to splice into the adaptor.(It seems John forget this, or??? I wouldn't have had to alter the adaptor pigtail if he would of sent me a MAF with the same type connector on both units.)
- After the second MAF was installed I was able to drive the car and do some datalogging. I send John an e-mail on 11/28 saying that MAF may be too small(4.83V@ ~6400RPM, 15psi boost). I talk to him on the phone the next day and he gives me an ultimatum: I need to decide whether or not to get a bigger MAF for my car, which he says may not work right, or keep the existing MAF(which I think is too small). Therefore I ask John what the upper voltage range on the MAF is. He won't give me a straight answer saying its "six to seven volts", but when pressed he says its "550HP". So I ask him to contact his vendor to find out exactly what it is so I can make an informed decision. He avoids the request, then calls me back and says the bigger MAF will work fine with the bigger injectors and he says he'll go ahead and order the bigger MAF.
- I call John on Weds 12/3 and ask him for a refund

My decision:
At this point, I decided I didn't want to do Vitesse's R&D on my car anymore, and I'd just rather just do the R&D myself, thats a big part of the reason why I asked for the refund. There are a few other reasons, but John's "help" was costing me more time and money than I was willing to risk. I decided therefore, to source the MAF myself. Cost wasn't the issue. Sometimes time is worth more then the money, and that was the case in this instance.

When I asked for my money back, I asked if John could call his vendor to see if he could return it. I even offered to pay any restocking fees. He wouldn't even budge and try to work something out.

He says I owe him money... He wants to charge me $50.00 to "test" the bad MAF I sent back. I never agreed to this nor did he tell me there would be a charge to test it when i sent it back. Coincidentally, he tested the MAF, charged me $50, and said it worked fine only after I asked for a refund. Hence, he never told me there would be any fee to test it until after I asked for my money back.

I have know idea what John's talking about here...
Originally posted by fast951
Sean,
You do not have a MAF because you did not want the upgraded MAF to work with your new criteria of 75# injectors..As I stated in an email that I know you received, you owe us money, and when you pay for the shipping the MAF will be sent to you... I guess you expect to get another freebee ha??
Uh, Im not sure what this means. This doesn't make sense. I don't have the Vitesse MAF because John didn't send it, then John requested more money to send it, thats why. Now that John's requested more money, I haven't given John an answer regarding what to do. So yeah, I'm still trying to decide what to do next.

John, I'm sorry you had to make the decision you did. IMO, I think you made a mistake.

-Sean
Old 12-10-2003, 09:06 PM
John D.
Banned

Here is my $0.02

You will work this out in private. Continued posting in this thread Sean, does nothing for me - and my guess - for others. While I appreciate staying away from Flames (more then most realize) - it's time to take it off the list and work it out. If you'd like to have me assist in any way to get this situation resolved - I'm at the disposal of both of you. Frankly - after assisting many disputes, I know there are always "2 sides" to a disagreement - and my guess is that both of you are great folks - and would probably buy each others beers if you met in person.

So - I'm closing this thread - and feel free to e-mail me....

Thanks

Quick Reply: Lindsey or vitesse package?