Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:22 AM
culture
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

my car is hibernating.

looks like you're the only warm weather state cab owner AZ.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by culture
my car is hibernating.

looks like you're the only warm weather state cab owner AZ.
I know of 4 here in sunny Northern California. Maritime Blue (not sure about interior color), White with black interior, Red with black interior (and 951 turbo motor), and my wife's Black with tan interior. However we will be selling the wife's cab soon as she wants a 997 cab.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Staring at the shiny cab garaged while the 16-18" of snow landed on us over the weekend.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino V
Staring at the shiny cab garaged while the 16-18" of snow landed on us over the weekend.
Wow you guys are getting hit hard this year. Up here in the great white north we have hardly had any snow all winter. Been brutally cold but very little snow.

I am going to send my spare set of injectors to WitchHunter to have them cleaned and tested so they are ready to install with a fresh set of plugs in the spring. Also have a wheel ding to get fixed so planning on visiting the car this weekend and taking off the wheel so I can send it out.

Hey its already February only 2 months to go.

Mark
Old 02-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mhr
Wow you guys are getting hit hard this year. Up here in the great white north we have hardly had any snow all winter. Been brutally cold but very little snow.

I am going to send my spare set of injectors to WitchHunter to have them cleaned and tested so they are ready to install with a fresh set of plugs in the spring. Also have a wheel ding to get fixed so planning on visiting the car this weekend and taking off the wheel so I can send it out.

Hey its already February only 2 months to go.

Mark
Yes, went on records as the 5th highest snow accumulation. I haven't even started up the cab since early December.

I did notice my injectors were getting loud before storing. I am thinking to try some cleaner in the spring and see if it helps.
Also, I was running 15w40 synthetic and going to switch to 15w50 during spring oil change.
Luckily winter almost over, because it's that time where the itch to drive begins lol.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:09 PM
1933beer
Instructor

Yes, went on records as the 5th highest snow accumulation. I haven't even started up the cab since early December.

I did notice my injectors were getting loud before storing. I am thinking to try some cleaner in the spring and see if it helps.
Also, I was running 15w40 synthetic and going to switch to 15w50 during spring oil change.
Luckily winter almost over, because it's that time where the itch to drive begins lol.
How Do injectors get Loud? I use Seafoam once a year in all cars. works great I even use a little in my snow blower. 3 years ago I bought a 85 celica gts cab. it had not been ran much in 3 years. it ran ok I thought. I put a can of sea foam in. by the next tank the car would start on the first turn of the key( I wish my S2 would start so fast) and I could feel more pep in her when I put my foot in her.

BTW I live 7 hours to the west of you and finally we got a measurable snow of 7 inches.

Last edited by 1933beer; 02-03-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 1933beer
How Do injectors get Loud? I use Seafoam once a year in all cars. works great I even use a little in my snow blower. 3 years ago I bought a 85 celica gts cab. it had not been ran much in 3 years. it ran ok I thought. I put a can of sea foam in. by the next tank the car would start on the first turn of the key( I wish my S2 would start so fast) and I could feel more pep in her when I put my foot in her.

BTW I live 7 hours to the west of you and finally we got a measurable snow of 7 inches.
I have never used any cleaner in the car in the 3 years I have owned it (hit 75k miles before winter storage). Been driving it about 2k miles a year. I did notice in the "cooler" fall weather and first start up the injectors were noisier than usual in the first 10 minutes or so.

Despite our crazy accumulation of snow, luckily the streets were fairly clean after few hours (at least by me as plow trucks were constantly out plowing and salting).
Old 02-05-2015, 09:11 PM
1933beer
Instructor

I have never used any cleaner in the car in the 3 years I have owned it (hit 75k miles before winter storage). Been driving it about 2k miles a year. I did notice in the "cooler" fall weather and first start up the injectors were noisier than usual in the first 10 minutes or so.

Despite our crazy accumulation of snow, luckily the streets were fairly clean after few hours (at least by me as plow trucks were constantly out plowing and salting).
Do you mean to say lifter noise?
Put a can of sea foam in this spring and wait for change. Others use it to clean out vacuum system. Some even put it in the oil system run for 10 miles or so then drain.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Do you mean to say lifter noise?
Put a can of sea foam in this spring and wait for change. Others use it to clean out vacuum system. Some even put it in the oil system run for 10 miles or so then drain.
No, lifters only make noises for couple seconds at the initial start up then go away.
I'll take a video clip when I start it up for spring.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:47 PM
culture
Rennlist Member

3 years ago I bought a 85 celica gts cab.

I had one of these too. I put a lot of love into that car and even dumped in an imported 3tgte (the turbo motor in japan). Never fully finished tuning it before it was taken away from me by a lady in a near head on collision. oh well, that accident led me to purchase the S2, so its all good!

still very to see one on the street. the celica or the s2 for that matter.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:24 PM
1933beer
Instructor

Originally Posted by culture

very to see one on the street. the celica or the s2 for that matter.
yes both cars are not seen at all around my parts. The celica is 1 of 2 in omaha metro the s2 is I of 3or 4. I wish I could post pics on this site better I have a pic of all 3 cabs together when I purchased the 3rd a 97 bmw z3. All different but fun In there own way. I still enjoy the S2 tne most
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 PM
culture
Rennlist Member

when my celiac was wrecked and was car shopping, i test drove a s2 cab. even after all of the modifications i made to the celica to make it great, it just wasn't built ground up to be a true sports car. i remember saying to myself "my car could never compare" within a few miles of driving.

i loved my car and it was faster, but it just wasn't in the same league. the end result is now sitting in my garage. awaiting a springtime timing belt job
Old 02-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

I enjoy driving my S2 cab more than my Boxster S. Super fun cars, reminds me of my childhood, and always gets the thumbs up and conversations started (gas station, street, etc).
Old 02-16-2015, 05:58 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a bit more body work/ fender stretching on the drivers side rear.

I installed my Dynatech strut brace which really improved the handling. There is much less understeer with the brace installed.

Today was a perfect day for working on the car and doing a lot of test driving to make sure everything works.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2015, 08:09 PM
1933beer
Instructor

where did you get the strut brace from? what did it cost?

Quick Reply: What have you done to your 944 S2 Cabriolet?