Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may have to park it.... just a BS post.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Default I may have to park it.... just a BS post.

If it's not one thing, it's another.

-I still have dissapearing coolant, about 12oz a day
-My massive oil leak from the rear main has stopped, now I have a leak from one of my oil lines.
-I went to check the oil a few days ago.. I have foam in the filler neck... and a lot of it.
-My oil change this weekend did not show any milkshake
-My wax job last night was greeted with a massive crap from a bird as soon as I backed out of the garage this morning
-My intermittant shutdown is back.. anything above 3/4 throttle in any gear results in shutdown. Before, it was intermittant in 2nd gear, only on a hard throttle stab.
-I still can't pass emissions....

So.. I think I may park it for the winter. I hate to do it, since it is in the 60's and 70's. Grrrrr..

And.. on top of all this.... the very very very very very beautiful girl I am pursuing is giving me no input on my advances.

I need to hibernate with the car and come back refreshed....
Old 11-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn girls, she said she would call me on Thursday, haven't heard sh*t and she won't answer my calls. I think i will just go by her workplace, that way she has no choice. ha
Old 11-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:46 PM
jason_87924s
Instructor

Hey....quit your bitchin'............at least you can drive yours. LOL

1. ????.....is the motor getting hot enough to evaporate some of the water????

2. I still think that either your rear main or your oil pan gasket is leaking...I looked at the pattern on my drive this morning and my guestimate from the location of where you were parked makes me think this.

3. No water in the oil, but foam in the filler neck

4. Maybe your TPS is giving up the goat....

5. Try the dry gas thing.

6. Finally.....Ask the girl if she's interested!!!!

Later,

Jason
Old 11-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jason_87924s

4. Maybe your TPS is giving up the goat....
This could be a part of the emissions problems too. It was for me.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GO have dinner with the girls parents and ask her dad whats wrong.... woldnt that be a great thing but Germany is so far away.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by jason_87924s
Hey....quit your bitchin'............at least you can drive yours. LOL Yours will too... you call Andy yet???

1. ????.....is the motor getting hot enough to evaporate some of the water???? I assume so... when I noticed it I had been driving for about 2 1/2 hours

2. I still think that either your rear main or your oil pan gasket is leaking...I looked at the pattern on my drive this morning and my guestimate from the location of where you were parked makes me think this. I got under it yesterday, the rear of the pan is clean and dry.. before it was soaked. It looks like the leak is the main feed line to the oil cooler, possibly the banjo.

3. No water in the oil, but foam in the filler neck Me too!!!

4. Maybe your TPS is giving up the goat.... You know... with what happened the other night, and that strange lean spot at 5% throttle, it could be. Sucks, cuz that damn thing is new.

5. Try the dry gas thing. Or a cat...

6. Finally.....Ask the girl if she's interested!!!! I have dropped many hints, as you know.. I guess I feel the need to wait until she tells me she is interested.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:59 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Perry, sorry to hear that your having teething problems. Having a break is a good idea if you can do it. I experienced several occasions where I was working on object X and maybe wasted an entire afternoon on it without success, Then I would walk away from it for a day and come back and sort it out in 15 minutes.

If its any consolation I had plenty of bugs rattles and squeaks to sort out after I put my car back together. I guess it goes with the turf when you take on a major task.

Cheers,
Wayne
Old 11-03-2003, 04:00 PM
4G64 944
Instructor

Try one of those coolant pressure tester pumps, they are cheap, chances are you have a small leak, they have a gauge and let you know how much pressure the system can hold and if it's bleeding off. They are about $20.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:04 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put your car in "time out" for a while and pursue the other beauty
Old 11-03-2003, 05:08 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Perry 951
6. Finally.....Ask the girl if she's interested!!!! I have dropped many hints, as you know.. I guess I feel the need to wait until she tells me she is interested.
Maybe she likes the Indigo Girls and comfortable shoes?

Tifo
Old 11-03-2003, 05:12 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cat laying around if you want to borrow it or buy it.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Flight_951
Pro

Regarding the emissions, do you still have an AFM? I just replaced mine (trying to pass emissions too) and I think that is going to do it. Car runs better too. There are several test procedures out there for the AFM itself and the air temp sensor located in the AFM's flow stream. Unless your new TPS is way out of adjustment, that should be okay.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nope.. running a MAF. I am sure if I bolted a cat to it, I could get it to pass. My only concern is that I have a rich spot under light throttle (yea... after the immediate lean spot) that would probably burn out the cat.

I was hoping for new engine management this winter.. and get it good enough to pass for now. Ah well.. we'll see.

I can't believe I am going OT on this forum with this... but..

For the woman issue.. it's rather interesting. I work in a large complex, and a few weeks ago, I noticed this girl. (others have told me to go introduce myself many times before this.. but I was not in the mindset for it) Anyway.. the 1st time we bumped into each other in the halls... there was something goin on. Over the weeks, I have tossed some charming things her way... letting her know I am interested in her, but nothing to the point of asking her out.. so to speak. I invited her to a hockey game with some co-workers, but she had plans. She did, however, let me know she would love to go to a game.

Anyway.. each time we see each other (about once a day, if that) we both have a little chit chatter, nothing of any importance, but she always smiles. I know nothing about her, other than her being new to the area. We have had a little contact via e-mail now and then... and she thinks I am a "Sweet guy" and my attempts to make her smile "don't fail", but short of that, I have no idea if she would even want to have a drink and dinner with me.

Sheesh... I feel like I am talking to my shrink.

I feel the need to play this very slow so I don't crash my 1 and only chance to impress her enough for the follow up date. I want to know she's up for something new before I move forward with it. I can tell you this.. there is something about her that makes me want to know everything about her. (other than being absolutely beautiful)

Suggestions?
Old 11-03-2003, 06:31 PM
kinda5150
Racer

yep, quit being such a wuss and ask her out. she said she wanted to go to a game didn't she? then take her to one. buy tickets at least two weeks in advance so that she has time to prepare, you may be in competition with someone else. if she says she has plans again, then you have your answer as to whether she's interested. anyone else got relationship q's they need answering?????

Quick Reply: I may have to park it.... just a BS post.