Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may have to park it.... just a BS post.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003 | 06:40 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

See... since I have so little info on her.. I don't know if there is competition. I know she had a work event the night I had tix.. so that was legit.

I gave her a schedule of games, asked her to pick one, and I would take care of the rest. We'll see about that.

I am a very shy person when it comes to things like this... I plan to ask her to lunch with me next week... I want to wait a bit to see if she contacts me first. It was Friday when I let her know my intentions... in a subtle way.
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:07 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Lunch is a good bet - a controlled environment, a fixed amount of time and a known itinerary. Don't order anything that would get stuck in your teeth. Don't feel too offended if she wants to meet you there instead of taking a ride with you.

I have had a few crash and burn lunch dates where I was too psyched / nervous over what would happen. I've seriously thought about shooting down a beer _before_ getting to wherever the lunch was, just to mellow out a bit. Still need to try out that idea.

If this may happen to you, and you don't like my beer in the parking lot trick, find an interesting place nearby for happy hour and do that instead.

I would also suggest having a few things in your head before hand to "restart" a conversation in case you somehow hit a dead end, or if she's shy.

You may as well pull the trigger and see what happens. At least you'll know you tried.

And if this all works out, you'll have to post a picture!!!

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:11 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

The photo would shut down this forum.

Timing is everything... and always better to be cautious.
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:55 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

I think you're on the right track, Brian. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I've had my share of similar situations with mixed results, of course. One suggestion I can make is to keep being the person that you are when you feel that everything is going for you. Women are attracted to guys who feel good about themselves.

You have accomplishments to be proud of and be sure to keep them in the back of your mind whenever you interact with this person, or when you think about her.

It's good to be cautious and all, but don't let the chemistry fade between you and her, play it for all its worth because it's your winning ticket. As for knowing more about her, you don't need to know. Competition is a given. All girls are involved with someone, and pretty girls even more so.

Be yourself, and be prepared to act when you least expect it, when you think you're not ready, because that will be the time that will make the difference to her between you and anyone else.

P.S. Be sure to sort out the car. You don't need bad any karma coming from the other object of your affection.
Old 11-03-2003 | 08:56 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Default Thre Hypotheses

1) As for the car, is it possible that the head gasket is misting into a cylinder under pressure, such that (a) the vapor burns off 12 oz a day without landing in the crankcase, (b) a little steam foams up the filler cap, (c) the moisture wets the plugs enough to make the car cut out under load, and (d) the wet plugs make you miss and mess up the O2 sensor enough to make you fail emmissions.

2) As for the girl, don't kid yourself. Make your intentions known and ask her out on a real date with the proverbial "If you are not seeing anyone, would you like to...." lead in. Otherwise, some less desirable, more aggressive guy named Bif will ask her out and she will say yes because she has no better offers, and then they will start dating, eventually get married, then have a couple of kids, all before finally divorcing after her body goes to seed and they have nothing left in common.

3) As for the bird, I bet it's name is Bif.
Old 11-03-2003 | 09:03 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

I agree, ask her to go eat lunch one day. Get's you in the door farther than you are now and gets you enough info. to know if you should continue to pursue.
Old 11-03-2003 | 09:39 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Default Re: I may have to park it.... just a BS post.

Originally posted by Perry 951
If it's not one thing, it's another.

-I still have dissapearing coolant, about 12oz a day
-My massive oil leak from the rear main has stopped, now I have a leak from one of my oil lines.
-I went to check the oil a few days ago.. I have foam in the filler neck... and a lot of it.
-My oil change this weekend did not show any milkshake
-My wax job last night was greeted with a massive crap from a bird as soon as I backed out of the garage this morning
-My intermittant shutdown is back.. anything above 3/4 throttle in any gear results in shutdown. Before, it was intermittant in 2nd gear, only on a hard throttle stab.
-I still can't pass emissions....

So.. I think I may park it for the winter. I hate to do it, since it is in the 60's and 70's. Grrrrr..

And.. on top of all this.... the very very very very very beautiful girl I am pursuing is giving me no input on my advances.

I need to hibernate with the car and come back refreshed....
You will figure it out Perry, you always do!! You’re my motivation in the other 944 Turbo I'm rebuilding. Shoot your car was burned up and now look at it, it’s absolutely gorgeous!! My car didn’t even get burned and I’m having a heck of a time, however if you can do it, I can! At least that’s what I keep telling myself! It just takes time and motivation to figure these things out, and you will!!! Wish you the best!
Old 11-03-2003 | 09:52 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

If your car keeps running like this I might be able to beat you now!
Old 11-03-2003 | 10:24 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

brian,
i have a pressure tester sitting right here - would be happy to loan it to ya along with a block tester that will tell you if you have exhaust gasses in your coolant. easy test. will tell you if you have head gasket problems...

i just got em last wknd, so they have only been used once! unfortunately, they indicated that i have a small headgasket leak. just dropped it at the shop today.

anyway - lemme know and i'll ship em tomorrow - you can always drop em back in batesville or hold em til i get back that way.

no chick advice from me...i'd just screw it up.
Old 11-03-2003 | 10:30 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

I have a cat laying around if you want to borrow it or buy it.
hahahah. ......wait, so thats why i have three cats.
Old 11-03-2003 | 10:54 PM
Baron009
Pro

See... since I have so little info on her.. I don't know if there is competition.
I'm a pretty shy guy too, and a few years back I was in a similar situation that you are in, but let me tell you don't wait any longer! Ask her out like right now. Competition can appear outta nowhere. Trust me, I kept postponing, trying to get to know this one girl better and waiting for a perfect oppurtunity and while I dragged this on someone else snatched her up.
Old 11-03-2003 | 11:57 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by por951turbo
I have a cat laying around if you want to borrow it or buy it.
Will the cat pass emissions?
Old 11-04-2003 | 12:37 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Brian the foam in the filler neck is from the turbo the drainback has a line for excess foam to route to the filler neck/oil separator. as for the rest...

come borrow the cat
come get your wrences to tighten the oil line
come borrow a TPS to check that
AND DAMMIT, GO GET THE GIRL!
Old 11-04-2003 | 12:56 AM
emilysgranny
Pro

Brian ;It is said, really good looking women don't get asked out much because their looks intimidate men . Generally they are shy because of this. If she is truthfull , she will confirm this. Sounds like you have 2 beauties in your life now , oh what a predicament , which way to go, which way to go.
Old 11-04-2003 | 01:23 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

That "sweet guy" thing never does me much good, surprised why many like ********.

Quick Reply: I may have to park it.... just a BS post.