Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kid Spits On My Car Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by kinda5150
so manning, now you are calling us dumbasses? nice job fella. talk about maturity?! i'm hardly what you'd consider young, 32.
I'm pretty sure I didn't name any names regarding who I feel is acting like a dumbass. I'll have to go back and read my posts again though to make sure.

...i have something you apparently don't, and that is pride. it's that type of "let it go" attitude that is ruining this country to begin with. kids do this **** because their parents have that attitude. basically pleading with them instead of beating their asses. that's what has brought this whole generation to feel no responsibility for their actions and have no respect. there are still a few good ones, which the kids we have here are, but they are definitely the minority. so sorry, i see things differently, which is one of the reasons i love this country.
I think Jeff summed it up the best, and that is the feeling that folks are missing the potential for escalation and reprisal. He spits, you egg, he keys, you punch, he shoots... You see where this is heading right

I'm certainly not saying that if some asswipe keys your car or kicks a big dent in the side of it that you should just grin and walk away. Ideally that would be, depending on what book your reading, the most Christian thing to do (I am not a Christian by the way). But that isn't how things work. As you point out, that only serves to reinforce the idea that it's OK to mess with someones stuff. However, sitting an waiting in ambush for the spitter to come back the next day is going to get you nothing but an ulcer and possible open the door for the aforementioned chain of events. For the love of G-d, that kind of stupidity has been going on for years in Northern Ireland and where has that gotten them (extreme example, sorry)

The irony regarding your statement about bringing up children is that what you describe makes me sick. You are right, many parents do not instill good values and a sense of respect for others in their children.

Obsessing about possessions is not having pride in ones self, it is quite different and unhealthy at best. It sets the stage for anxiety and unhappieness. I really enjoy the things I have, but if they had to go away I would eventually get over it and move on. That is not to say I would be happy to let some dickweed mess with my possessions unchecked, merely that if it did happen that some thing of mine was damaged I would get on with life.

...so F U!
Well if that's really how you feel, then F*ck you too.

Last edited by Manning; 10-23-2003 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:19 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by EZRider
The world is filled with retards that should not be walking the streets much less drive. Perhaps, in my earlier years I might have been tempted with violence if a jerk spat at me. Today with what I know I'd contain and shrug it off. There's no way you will fight off every idiot in this world and keep your sanity. It takes a lot of strength to say no to a senseless challenge and walk away. Takes much more to be emotionally strong than physical. Next time a retard cuts you off or stares at you just turn up your FM and keep on trucking. If you don't you'll look just as silly as the instigator. Think about it.
Well put. It's spit and the kid has no respect. Eventually he will get what's coming to him but in football it's always the second guy that gets the personal foul. I say wash the car and get over it. You'll have a full life of people showing disrespect to you and your possessions. If you get angry every time then you'll probably live a very stressed life.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, Peter's response was brilliant wasn't it. Excellent.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by v944god
I got in a fight with 3 kids at a light.

After work im in my dads corolla at a light. I look over to the right and its a kid about 21-23 in a brand new SLK320. So the kid is looking at me hard, and I'm doing the same back. He has another friend in the car who isnt paying attention. Than he says something like, "what the f*ck you looking at?". And I say something like, "you got a problem?". And he proceeds to get out of his car, and I see another kid from a pickup truck come out of the car. I get out, and the kid in the red pickup comes running towards me going crazy. He pushes me, and I slowly walk towards him with a huge front kick to his chest. I take him down, than the kid of the SLK cames at me, and I take him down. Now I'm on top of him, and than the other 2 kids jump me. I took a couple kicks and punches until some people broke up the fight. I walked off laughing my *** off because it was god damn funny. 3 kids on 1 and they can barely do a thing. Thank god I'm an all around fighter or else I would have taken a beating.

But the lesson is to have friends in the car when something like this happens.
Holy crap, that story rings of AMAF. Anybody else notice that?
Old 10-23-2003, 10:00 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man you all love to live in the past.

amaf is gone... but obviously not forgotten.

its just a car. yep he disrespected you. oh well, you'll live, and so will he. he will get whats coming to him... so just chill.

-Michael-
Old 10-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

5 pages? Boggles my mind
Old 10-23-2003, 10:10 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I miss Amaf.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:20 PM
schlag
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Manning
Holy crap, that story rings of AMAF. Anybody else notice that?
Yep, that's the first thing I thought too.

Funny.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:25 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

oh yeah, how do you ring of something? i've heard of reeking of something, but ringing is just generally ringing... and not usually 'of something.

-Michael-
Old 10-23-2003, 10:31 PM
meanmaroon951
Racer

The Constitution of the United States
AmendmentXXXX
Whom ever disrespects a Porsche (i.e. spits, keys, etc) shall be quickly delt with by means of making he/she drive a geo metro for the remainder of his/her life
Old 10-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Michael,

I may not have used the phrase exactly right, I should have said "rings true of an AMAF strory." It basically means it is a true or good example of something.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:26 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pay no mind to the rabble.

To the rythm of the war drums.

It's not even worth fighting over. Some people are only on rennlist to cause conflict.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:50 PM
kinda5150
Racer

look, i'm not here to cause conflict or name call or any of that happy horse****, just stating that some of us take this more seriously than others. some of you indicate the person(s) will get what's coming to them; who is gonna be the one to give it to them? you?? no! it will be someone like me, or others who expressed the same concern. i will agree that i am somewhat obsessed with my possessions, which is probably due to my lack of nice things growing up. i, however, see this as a positive in that at least i appreciate what i have more than most people would. i follow your tit-for-tat scenario, but i think that it's slightly blown out of proportion. i have never known anything to get that far out of hand. didn't you have people do stuff like this to you when you were in high school. opposing schools trashing each other's rides. maybe that just happens here in the south. oh well man, no big deal. we'll all keep having differing opinions, some proactive, some not, just don't call people names and there won't be any feelings hurt. peace brudda
Old 10-24-2003, 03:51 PM
kinda5150
Racer

and what/who the heck is AMAF?
Old 10-24-2003, 03:55 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Michael - i know... i think your intended use was a bit off. the story did somewhat reek of amaf. however, for it to ring true of something.... that's a different application of the phrase altogether; it would have to either be something that could be true or false... that story was just a bit... farfetched.

-Michael-

Quick Reply: Kid Spits On My Car Today!!!