Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NA-Tune in stock and available NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NA-Tune in stock and available NOW!

The Rogue Tuning NA-Tune MAF KIT for the 944 8v is now available from Lindsey Racing. It's a little behind our original schedule, but now in stock and ready to ship.

View the site here to read more about it. NA-Tune MAF Kit

When on that page, click on the product and there are additional pictures you can view and enlarge.

The main difference is we built the intake tube from aluminum. There is a machined flange we had to produce transitioning from a rectangular hole to a round for attaching to the tubing portion. That's where the slight price increase over Joshua's price mostly comes from. There was some software enhancements as well.

Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 06-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A note for anyone that needs the 24 to 28 pin conversion, it is super mega easy. I did one for another lister and it was a quick job. If you can solder even a little bit and can read the instructions you will have no issues doing it yourself.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:00 PM
pdxfj
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!

This coupled with Ftech9's new DME would be a killer combo.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:09 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

Lindsey,
Good job getting this worked out and onto market!
Are there any further changes to the tune vs the Rogue setup or is it mostly the same?

To all 944 owners...YOU WANT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT.
The driving experience is truly transformed...I gained more than 10% more torque at the wheels at the low end, the car feels so much stronger all around at any throttle position. Part-throttle cruising is so much better, and smoother...

The NA-tune MAF conversion is one of the top 3 mods you can make to a 944NA, period. (The others are the throttle-response cam and the offset camshaft key in "advanced" position).

Stock DME/AFM vs NA-tune...Lindsey, feel free to use this chart if you want.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:49 PM
pdxfj
Instructor

I'm considering it this fall when I take my motor out for a full reseal. Already have a throttle cam and a 944MAX chip. Car runs great as is, but can't resist new toys. No problem for me doing the 28pin upgrade...very good with a soldering iron.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:14 PM
tempest411
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 150 Posts

How seemlessly can you switch back and forth from one to the other (from early DME to late w/MAF and back)? I would need to do that for skog testing where I live.

That Al housing looks pretty 'chunky'. Wouldn't a FG or CF molded piece have been better?
Old 06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Winter44
Racer

This kit rendered my 944 un-drive-able. Life got in the way and its been sitting for months now... I suspect its user error on the chip installation. I gave it to a friend to solder in the extra pins and jumper wire since I am not versed in soldering and these DME's are not cheap. But alas, It might be ruined all together.

The car starts, but when I give it gas, it stumbles really badly, then kicks in if I give it a lot. Stalls after about a minute or less.

Wondering if anyone has come across this issue? I made sure the wiring was correct, and the car ran fine before the kit. I am just not sure what to do at this point.

Especially with all the rave reviews, and I feel like I'm the one "dud" out of the group :/
Old 06-08-2016, 06:24 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tempest411
How seemlessly can you switch back and forth from one to the other (from early DME to late w/MAF and back)? I would need to do that for skog testing where I live.

That Al housing looks pretty 'chunky'. Wouldn't a FG or CF molded piece have been better?

Takes 10 mins. Even less if you orient the airbox bolts so their heads are on the outside, versus the inside, when you are removing the MAF unit.

(and, your AFM is chunkier, I guarantee it )
Old 06-08-2016, 06:43 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by tempest411

I swapped my car back to stock for smog in 10 minutes.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by V2Rocket
Are there any further changes to the tune vs the Rogue setup or is it mostly the same?
The target AFRs & Timing remain unchanged from the original kit...
The MAF filtering has been improved, as well as ISV-related action.

Originally Posted by Winter44
This kit rendered my 944 un-drive-able. Life got in the way and its been sitting for months now... I suspect its user error on the chip installation. I gave it to a friend to solder in the extra pins and jumper wire since I am not versed in soldering and these DME's are not cheap. But alas, It might be ruined all together.

The car starts, but when I give it gas, it stumbles really badly, then kicks in if I give it a lot. Stalls after about a minute or less.

Wondering if anyone has come across this issue? I made sure the wiring was correct, and the car ran fine before the kit. I am just not sure what to do at this point.

Especially with all the rave reviews, and I feel like I'm the one "dud" out of the group :/
Every chipboard is checked before sending out.
Sounds like the person doing the soldering either incorrectly bridged some of the pins, or missed the jumper-wire... verify that the DME conversion was 100% correct.

Note, LR offers a DME 24->28pin conversion service.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Winter44
Racer

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
The target AFRs & Timing remain unchanged from the original kit...
The MAF filtering has been improved, as well as ISV-related action.

Every chipboard is checked before sending out.
Sounds like the person doing the soldering either incorrectly bridged some of the pins, or missed the jumper-wire... verify that the DME conversion was 100% correct.

Note, LR offers a DME 24->28pin conversion service.
Right, I don't think it was done correctly either. Just not sure what to do at this point. It looks correct as far as I can tell, but I'm not experienced with this type of work.
Wonder if they can take a look at my DME and the conversion that was done? Sourcing another late DME is hard and not cheap.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Winter44
Right, I don't think it was done correctly either. Just not sure what to do at this point. It looks correct as far as I can tell, but I'm not experienced with this type of work.
Wonder if they can take a look at my DME and the conversion that was done? Sourcing another late DME is hard and not cheap.
Take some high-resolution pictures of both sides of the DME board and email them to me - I'll take a look.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Winter44
Racer

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Take some high-resolution pictures of both sides of the DME board and email them to me - I'll take a look.
Will do! Thank you so much
Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A note for anyone that needs the 24 to 28 pin conversion, it is super mega easy. I did one for another lister and it was a quick job. If you can solder even a little bit and can read the instructions you will have no issues doing it yourself.
Not gonna lie, first thing I ever soldered, piece o cake.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:53 PM
EJZero1
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arominus
Maybe so, but I was sure glad someone with more experience than me was willing to help a brother out! Thanks, again!

Quick Reply: NA-Tune in stock and available NOW!