Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vendors for our cars..... unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:45 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Arominus
Be nice to the vendors, they may not get back to your email, and you know what? cut them some slack. That half hour they spend on the phone with you is time they can't also spend responding to your lengthy, took 2 hours to write, tome of an email.
There is that! Not that I'm too wordy or anything.....

Most of the vendors do great, when I wrote the post I was very frustrated with a COUPLE of the "bigger/known" vendors who were totally unresponsive. I am new to the 944 world, and was starting to wonder if it was the norm to be ignored. I'm not talking about the one man shows (the famous but missing FR Wilks, Jon Milledge, the guy I can't remember right now but who makes the awesome TT bearings, Ftech9), I will give those guy my business as often as I can, I'm a big advocate of supporting the small guys trying to fill a niche or producing something unique. And I understand if they can't get right back with you.

Like I've said from the start, I didn't want to name names, people have off days and get snowed under. I was mainly just trying to figure out if others had the same experiences I was having. Seems I just had a run of bad luck with some vendors who were either snowed under (still haven't hear back BTW), or just were not interested in having more business or my business.

I was angry, insulted, and you have to understand I had this bad experience for about a week, back to back to back. I've moved on to other vendors who have been great, and am now a happy camper!

The great thing is, I've been able to find out about a lot of great vendors from this thread.

Last edited by 951Dreams; 03-01-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:08 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
We certainly strive to make the Paragon buying experience as user friendly as possible and we get a good bit of favorable feedback in that regard. Would you mind sharing what issues you have with our site so perhaps we can make changes in the future?
Jason, it's a personal preference thing I'm sure! I'm sure many love your site, just like they love your service.

For me, too much on one page. Pictures are too small for me, and it's just too much information at once. Categories are too wide. I'm overwhelmed.

If it was me, for example, I'd have Air Intake, then categories like Hoses, Filters, Sensors, Bolts, Valves, Seals, etc.

Hell man, If it's working for you, don't listen to me! I'm just one guy. People love you, so you're doing something right.

20 items per page, and bigger pictures/tiles of info is what I'd like. I'm getting older and these old eyes just don't see like they used to!

Another example, body electrical. Categories like Bulbs, Switches, Headlights, kits...

I'm NOT picking on you, I understand you can't make all the people happy all the time. And I'm sure many LOVE the way you do things...

One other thing, and this is by far not just your site, but all sites. If something doesn't have a picture, I skip it when scanning a page. I know with the sheer number of parts you, and others, carry, that it's hard to get pictures of all items up on the page. And it's my loss. But there it is.

Rockauto is another site some people love, but due to the page design, I just won't use it. In their case, it's because of layout also. They go to the other extreme, too many categories and no pictures.

Edit: Just so you know, it may not have come out that way, but I was giving you Props for vendors I had heard good things about. I wanted to mention you as someone I had seen great recommendations about. I was just pointing out I hadn't had any personal experience due to the web page layout, I should have made it more clear that was a PERSONAL thing due to my personal preferences in web design layouts. I really REALLY want to make clear that I'm sure there are those that LOVE the way you do things!!!

Last edited by 951Dreams; 03-01-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All constructive criticism and I appreciate that. All of the items you mentioned are within reach and we're constantly working to improve the site hence my post at 5:28 AM....lol. Thanks for taking the time to layout what you think. You can email me at Jason@paragon-products.com if we can do anything for you.

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com

Quick Reply: Vendors for our cars..... unresponsive?