Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vendors for our cars..... unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:14 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd love to turn this into a "who's service really knocked your socks off" thread. And I didn't mention names, because I'm not really looking to call anyone out, but having the EXACT SAME type experience with 5 different "well known" vendors made me wonder if it was a community wide issue.

I am kind of weird about service.

In a restaurant, every minute past 5 mins my drink is empty the server loses $1 in tip. So yes, if my drink goes 10-15 minutes empty, you will NOT get a tip. I will make allowances sometimes if it's obvious you're short staffed and overworked. It's not your fault your manager can't staff correctly. But if it's not busy, and you're sitting around shooting the breeze or talking on our phone, and my drink is empty??? No tip for u!

In a gas station, if your phone or talking to someone not in line (friend, BF/GF, someone who you know is not a customer, or even another employee), is more important than serving me, my stuff is getting left on the counter and I'm walking out. And your district manager is getting a call from me about why your brand is not getting my business anymore. (I managed gas stations for years when I was younger, it's a pet peeve)

And if you're a business with strong online presence or elaborate web sites, and you don't answer my online queries, in most cases you've lost my business forever. If you don't want to do business online, don't have a website. Period, no questions asked. If you're an online business, and your customers emails are going to junk mail, you better check your junk mail as often as your in box. It is the EXACT SAME to me as a business that doesn't answer their phones, or return messages.

However, I'm finding, if I hold "speciality" vendors to my normal standards.... I'm going to quickly run out of places to do business with. There is only so many vendors. For the 100% online only places, yeah, I still better get an email back if I have a question, there are lots of online part houses, I can find another. But for the "shops" or those with unique products, I guess I'll call as well as email. Now if they also don't answer the phone, or return my messages...... Well, then, you don't want my money. I'm sure someone else does.

I have had good luck with calling so far. But that's the middle of my night!! LOL It's like normal people having to wait till 11pm or 2am to start making phone calls!!! Ah, the life of the night shift!

It's not like I'm expecting to hear back in 10 mins if I write an email at 3am!! But, I do expect to hear back by the next night! I'm getting ready to drop thousands on this P-car.... someone wants it, someone is going to get it, someone who answers my questions. Customer service is more than just filling boxes with parts. It seems they get the order emails just fine!!!!

Ok, it seems I'm still more upset about this than I thought...... I hate poor customer service, and try and avoid rewarding it if at all possible.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:21 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NCporsche

Warehouse 33 was great, even got a t-shirt.

Awesome, all vendors should do that on your first order!!! *Hint hint* THAT'S good customer service, and showing they value you as a customer!!! Guess who's getting added to my Porsche vendor bookmark list!!!!

They even commenting in the thread!!! So shows they are engaged with the community.

EDIT: I will add to this. I've worked for companies who had someone who's main job was to engage with the community. They would visit sites, forums, and the like and do Google searches, relating to the business. They would then address issues they ran across, by posting in the forums, in the comments, or wherever they found mention of the business or things related to it. In other words, they would reach out, much like above, and try to engage with their customers. They were empowered to resolve issues as well. I understand most vendors can't afford to pay someone to sit around posting on forums and doing google searches all day. But for those that have a receptionist, cashier, office manager, so something of the like, having them spend 30 mins to an hour a day on community relations would pay back in the end.... Just saying.....
Old 02-24-2016, 01:26 AM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm here!

-Jason
Old 02-24-2016, 01:39 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
I'm here!

-Jason
And because of that, you will soon get some of my money I promise you that! Next time I need something I'll hit you up first!

And your close, just right up old 71!
Old 02-24-2016, 01:42 AM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 951Dreams
And because of that, you will soon get some of my money I promise you that! Next time I need something I'll hit you up first!
Good to hear and I don't have problem accepting your money! If you have any questions just shoot me an email.

-Jason
Old 02-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Perhaps you should alter your standards. Seeing how your the night owl you will have to wake up at your midnight to call a vendor, that's the sacrifice you made when you took your night shift job. The 944/951 comunity is very small! If you think that this is unread from all the vendors your mistaken. Because it such a small comunity that is spread out world wide the specially vendors are usually one to three people per business. If you don't talk to them ever again because of a non returned e-mail or phone call then your car will take a long time to get the parts you will want or need. Patiance is the key to success. Or you can just not talk to anyone who doesn't jump when you tell them too. Your logic seems silly to me. They are human you know. And your not the only 951 owner in the world that has been forgot about or just not noticed by some vendors right away. They are all a busy bunch trying to make deals on products with other companies if not make the item themselves so we have parts for our cars. Unless you want to do that I suggest you give them all a lot more slack. Personally if I were a vendor I'm not sure I would want your $ due to your showing how short tempered your showing yourself to be. No vendor wants to hear a gripe on introduction. I suggest you change your standards, good luck.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:30 PM
1933beer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not had good luck with venders ever and I can't say I always have gotten exactly what I needed from my local Porsche dealer. I have a S2 cab the kids broke off the lock botton with there coat when they got out of the back. the first part was for an NA (I have the alarm system and I hold the guy that when I ordered in person) when I got the wrong part he had to call in a mechanic to help him find the right part.

Ian and steve at 944 have always gotten me the right part or made it right. I have used a few other venders for my BMW because it seams easier to get the right part for the Z. I have used AutohausA and Pelican and had good results all but once. Pelican sent 2 different gallons of antifreeze and charged me. I call in my parts all the time because I have had the site freeze and didn't get the parts. pissing me off when the project was not done when needed.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1933beer
I have not had good luck with venders ever and I can't say I always have gotten exactly what I needed from my local Porsche dealer. I have a S2 cab the kids broke off the lock botton with there coat when they got out of the back. the first part was for an NA (I have the alarm system and I hold the guy that when I ordered in person) when I got the wrong part he had to call in a mechanic to help him find the right part.

Ian and steve at 944 have always gotten me the right part or made it right. I have used a few other venders for my BMW because it seams easier to get the right part for the Z. I have used AutohausA and Pelican and had good results all but once. Pelican sent 2 different gallons of antifreeze and charged me. I call in my parts all the time because I have had the site freeze and didn't get the parts. pissing me off when the project was not done when needed.
Give Warehouse 33 a try, I offer 10% off just enter RENNLIST at checkout. I would like to earn your business.

-Jason
Old 02-24-2016, 02:41 PM
1933beer
Instructor

perhaps, you are just 2 hours south of me down in KC.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

perhaps, you are just 2 hours south of me down in KC.
That I am. If you have any questions I'm here.

-Jason
Old 02-24-2016, 02:45 PM
exp951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
That I am. If you have any questions I'm here.

-Jason
Do you have a transmission for a 1988 Turbo S code AOR?
Old 02-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by exp951
Do you have a transmission for a 1988 Turbo S code AOR?
That I do not, I just sell new parts. Can you still get that new?

-Jason
Old 02-24-2016, 03:09 PM
marc abrams
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just be happy you don't have to deal with this guy
Old 02-24-2016, 03:13 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I have never gotten a t-shirt, I definitely appreciated the gourmet jelly beans from Pelican Parts.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:44 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

If this ever happens to you please do not hesitate to reach out to me on here. I would be more than happy to assist and resolve any issues you have with the website and/or parts orders.

I am here to help any other Rennlist members that need it as well.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

Quick Reply: Vendors for our cars..... unresponsive?