Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Danno

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Paging Danno

Danno,
i have sent you several e-mails. Can you answer me ASAP !
Old 09-24-2003, 10:16 AM
doyle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh oh, here we go again.

doyle
Old 09-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is too funny!
Old 09-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Sami951
Drifting

It's actually quite serious
Old 09-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree Sami. The funny part is a few people will start whining to the moderator and this will be moved to the Abyss because someone's looking for him publicly. If funny, I don't recall any of the anti-Huntley posts being removed? Maybe they were started by someone who had "rennlist member" in the corner of their box.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:44 AM
j_overly
Instructor

I am not sure what posting "paging Danno" over and over and dog'ing him out (right or wrong) is going to accomplish. If he doesn't reply to your e-mail and won't answer the phone or return calls, what is this going to accomplish besides getting everyone all bent out of shape (yet again). Unless you just want to publicly humiliate him, and if that's the case you might make that clearer.

Before you go off, I am not saying you don't have a right to get ticked off at him, but at the same time I am not posting "Where the hell is the cable guy??", I wait and wait and he never shows up. If the last mile long thread didn't hammer the point home, starting a new one is not going to do anything either.

I don't even know the guy (great posts), but I know enough now that either I would avoid buying from him or plan on waiting a very long time. I also know that posting here and expecting him to respond to these kind of posts is not going to happen.

You might not feel better, but I do
Old 09-24-2003, 12:51 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

j_overly, If you will look at Olli's post he already has Danno's chips. And if you look again you will see that he is in Finland, so constant telephone calls to Danno are sort of out of the question. And if you had read all the threads in the last week you would know that a group of the Finns have gotten together and are wrenching away on everyone's cars in an upgrade frenzy.

My guess is Olli has some install question/problem on the Guru chips and needs an answer before winter sets in so is just trying to get his attention because private e-mail isn't working for contact. So this isn't quite the same as the last thread but I'm sure it will probably end up going the same way.

Danno needs to take care of his customers, pronto, or these threads are going to keep coming up which isn't good for Danno.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, your right. I think we have all learned that posting on here trying to get a response from him is futile and will only server to anger his worshipers. He was actively posting on this forum and the OT forum during that whole thing the other day, yet carefully avoided joining the madness of the heated thread(s). I really don't blame him, but if it were me I'd at least want to step in and say hey all I'll contact you personally at this time or other.

I think the best course is just to keep calling and e-mailing him. No sense getting people stressed out about this again.

EDIT Jeez, what a smart ***, the guy actually finally posted to one of the original threads a few hours ago after it was sent to the abyss.

Last edited by Manning; 09-25-2003 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:33 PM
j_overly
Instructor

"Danno needs to take care of his customers, pronto, or these threads are going to keep coming up which isn't good for Danno."

Agree completely. Common business sense, take care of your customers or you won't have any. Again, I don't know the guy but wouldn't buy from him now. Nothing personal against him, but who wants to stand in a complaint line? He needs to focus on what he is good at and have someone else handle customer orders.

As Manning points out, if the guy is online and actively posting and ignoring these threads (I am sure he reads them) and doesn't step up and say "sorry guys, I am on it" and put an end to all this, that is pretty telling as well.

And yes, if we don't want to read these threads we should skip them (now if I can take my advice). It's like watching a train wreck, you really don't want to see it, but it's hard to turn away.

*btw: Sorry Olli.. my bad assumption based on previous threads that you were piling on.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

This is too funny

What so funny about it ??

If i want to get in touch with somebody, of course i will use every possible way i can imagine.

In this case it even worked, Danno contacted immediately.

my bad assumption based on previous threads that you were piling on
Sorry but my english is very bad, just don't know what you are tryin to say with that. Do you mean i am throwing dirt over Danno ? I just needed to get contact to him. I have paged several other person with same way for example Dan (iceshark) Mike (Pikey7). I usually have some urgent going on when i do that. I am not trying to hurt nobody! Rennlist is a great way to get in touch with people all around this planet of ours. For me it's just too expensive to call to Danno, also California comes 10 hours behind Finland, so it would be cruel to call Danno when he is sleeping.

Last edited by Olli Snellman; 09-24-2003 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Olli,

Relax a little bit. I see nothing wrong with your method and I would have done the same thing. It's funny that over the last few days there were numerous threads and pages trying to get a hold of Danno. After taking such a public beating that he'd go out of his way to get people's orders and problems resolved quickly. When I saw people still trying to hunt him down I thought it was pretty funny. So like I said, relax a bit....I wasn't being negative twords you.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:17 PM
sybelix
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default some info..

The reason, Olli is trying to get a hold of Danno, is that
we are a group of 4 guys, here in Finland,
and we have ordered 4 Map kits and paid $2000 to Danno over
3 months ago, and we have NOT gotten anything.

I know there has been a huge discussion going on about things like this.
And we have basically kept our mouth shut.
But hey, c'mon, over 12 weeks !!!

I won't go to details, just yet. I am hoping that Danno has sent those 4 MAP kits to us FINALLY on Monday/Tuesday evening, as he said yesterday.
I really hope so. He has had time and our money now for a quite a while.
It was mid-summer then, and now our Porsche drivin'season is almost over.. and no MAP kits..

So I do hope, that the package in on the way, and we will receive the tracking number now via e-mail.
Because we are running out of patience, BIG TIME !!

Last edited by sybelix; 09-25-2003 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:55 PM
AlexE
Pro

Default Re: some info..

Originally posted by sybelix
The reason, Olli is trying to get a hold of Danno, is that
we are a group of 4 guys, here in Finland,
and we have ordered 4 Map kits and paid over $2000 to Danno over
3 months ago, and we have NOT gotten anything.
OMG!

Old 09-24-2003, 06:59 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 206 Likes on 134 Posts

I couldn't help to notice a post from Danno on the OT forum as late as 2:30pm today.. I know he's out there, I sure hope he pops up soon. His reputation was stellar until this week..
Old 09-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

I was in touch with Danno yesterday after i paged him, so it helped. He wrote our MAP kits were sent, not by him but some other person?? So because of that he didn't had the tracking number available...
Danno promised me to find out that number for me.It's early Thursday morning when i am writing this and haven't reach any tracking number yet.It's about 15 hours when i asked it.It's evening in California right now, so i suppose Danno have had enough time to check out this tracking number for us.
We ordered these MAP kits almost FOUR months ago ! Paid in advance $2000. I suppose we have been more than patient on this! I don't want to read "it's funny" or anything like that when there is a question of our hard earned money! It's not a question of a chip kit which cost couple of hundred. We are talking about a shipment total value of $4000.We are not a bank! We don't borrow $2000 just for fun!
Other person gets pissed off while wait couple of weeks and then there are some people here on the Rennlist who just nail them down if they speak up!
Maybe we are here in Finland old fashioned, but we are used to TRUST MANS WORD ! Don't know if you have the same thing over there !

Danno is a nice guy, helped all of us a lot (including me), but the situation we are having right now is not good.

We will not have any hard feelings if we just get what we had ordered NOW!

Last edited by Olli Snellman; 09-25-2003 at 01:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Paging Danno