Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Danno

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 02:36 AM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed Danno last night for some info that he gave me previously that was lost in a hard drive from hell...he responded within 12 hours of me emailing him. He's still good on my list as of right now.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:52 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I email Danno and within the hour I got a reply!! Danno likes ME. :P
Old 09-25-2003, 04:43 AM
sybelix
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well thank you Brad and Chris, that did help us much, NOT!?
It is not a matter of been liked or not, when there is money involved,
it is business.
Like Olli said, no hard feelings, IF WE GET THE TRACKING NUMBER as a proof that the shipment has actually been sent.!!

Danno, please respond ASAP !!
E-mail me and Olli !!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:19 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it certainly looks like Danno should at least tell these guys what is going on.

Danno, if you have a problem, drop them a line and let them know what the situation is.

Chris, you are a fu**ing moron posting that in the way you did. Are you out of grade school yet?
Old 09-25-2003, 06:49 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Olli said "What so funny about it ?? If i want to get in touch with somebody, of course i will use every possible way i can imagine.

In this case it even worked, Danno contacted immediately."

Okay people, Ollie posted a VERY polite topic, okay? Danno contacted him once, he needs to do further follow-up.

You see people all over paging John D. all the time, and he sometimes takes awhile to answer, or he's answering in PMs.

Olli, you are one stand up guy and very patient, and are an example of how things should be done.

But this is also a PERFECT example of what I had said earlier on another topic: the people that place the orders FIRST should get the service FIRST, not the guy complaining after only a few weeks! That just messes things up for a business.

Furthermore, Olli was 6 weeks more patient than I could be, so I offer whatever help I can do for him and for Danno...at least as much help as someone with a phone, DSL and on Vicodin can be (molar crown trouble, AAAOUCH!). I can't do anything in person, can't drive while on painkillers.

I had sworn I wouldn't help anyone who wasn't a paid Rennlist member after what happened earlier this week, but Olli has impressed me with his DIPLOMACY and his MANNERS.

Olli, PM me, if you think I can help, for what it's worth.

Now for those who were showing off about contacting Danno and him returning emails fast, that was just plain rude! Show some respect to Olli and his crew, okay? This isn't the thing to do if you are a friend.

Manning, I am not a "follower" of Danno; I just believe in doing what's right and ethical; and getting this situation resolved is the right thing to do.

- Julie
Old 09-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Julie,

I don't really want to hijack this post any more than I already have. Read one of my last posts on the original thread in the Abyss to get an idea of why I call some folks on the forum worshipers of certain people. in brief, I have a few times in the past made simple attempts to correct someone's (like Skip or Danno for example) mistake, whether it is a procedural or terminology error, and had other listers jump up my ***. Quite literally they would say things like how dare I challenge these "gurus". Get real people, these folks make mistakes too and it is no crime to help correct them.

Second, and I really don't want to get in a fight about this, if a vendor promises you will have something in your hand the next day and it doesn't show up, then I wouldn't blame you for calling the vendor to see (1) if it actually shipped and (2) if there is a tracking number. I have shipped product to people in the past and the package either walked off under a neighbors arm or was lost in transit. There is no crime in wanting to make sure this did not happen to a package you are expecting to be delivered next day. In fact, the longer you wait to process a loss claim with some shipper, the bigger a PITA is is to get it resolved. Can you imagine going to UPS and saying, hey I was expecting an overnight delivery 4 weeks ago and it never showed up?

I agree about resolving issues in a civilized manner but there are truly instances where the 4 week wait is just not reasonable or logical.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:14 PM
sybelix
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Manning

I agree about resolving issues in a civilized manner but there are truly instances where the 4 week wait is just not reasonable or logical.
..not to mention our over 3 months wait..
Old 09-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Manning
in brief, I have a few times in the past made simple attempts to correct someone's (like Skip or Danno for example) mistake, whether it is a procedural or terminology error, and had other listers jump up my ***. Quite literally they would say things like how dare I challenge these "gurus". Get real people, these folks make mistakes too and it is no crime to help correct them.
Meany, you're still hung up on that one mistake I made several years ago. In the future, if you think I am wrong about something first think if my theory would be true in an alternate universe. If it is possible that I could be right if the laws of physics were not to exist, then I am right. Even when you've exhausted all possibility that I could be incorrect, think again. I could be citing knowledge from my experiences under hallucinogenic pretense. It is at these times that you must just as high as I am to fully understand.

Seriously though - if I'm wrong about something, the absolute best thing you can do is broadcast my mistake to as many folks as possible. After the fear and humiliation subside, I will attack your character claiming that you are suffering from mild dementia brought on by years of actually taking my advice.

Honestly, would you take advice from someone who looks like me. I may be sexy, but that's no excuse. Remember, all birds have bird brains.

I'm sorry - what was the question again?
Old 09-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oi...OT again!
Old 09-25-2003, 03:39 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

now, now Skip. I was just using you as and example because of your guru status. Come to think of it though, I did get berated once for attempting to correct you...
Old 09-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've been remanded to simple addict status now. If you were berated, it was most likely justified. Never mess with the bird!

Last edited by Skip; 09-25-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Heck no! Especially since I'm only a monkey with a handgun
Old 09-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice to see you guys make fun of the serious matter. I wonder what each of you would do if you have paid in advance about $500 several months ago and have not received parts or even explanation what is going on. 24 hours ago Danno promised to send a tracking number for us. Haven't seen it yet.
What makes me feel sad is i told my friends to buy MAP kits from Danno. I just wonder what my friends think of me now since they have lost (?) a lot of money. I suppose for now we must get parts from europe; i am not sure can we trust americans any longer. I can say we have NOT said our last WORD. There will be more to come !
Old 09-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry, Olli - no offense intended - Good Luck!
Old 09-25-2003, 04:58 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Hey Olli, this isn't an "American" thing, lets keep some perspective on this. You and your friends made the decision to purchase from one vendor who isn't providing the follow through on delivery or communication that you (appropriately, in my opinion) would have been able to expect. That doesn't necessitate branding all Americans, or anyone else except the one vendor in question, as being untrustworthy.

Yes, some folks have made some lighthearted comments that you feel are out of line in this thread. There are also a whole lot of folks that are expressing sympathy for your plight. Don't forget that, in your haste to resolve this matter.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Paging Danno