Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

924 Carrrera Turbo Widebody

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:18 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, somebody put a lot of work into this 924 !

Looking at that VIN number, thats NOT a 924 turbo...thats an early 924 NA chassis.
Too bad they chopped those doors...they look very good...perhaps they could be restored with a bit of work.
There are some more bits you cant see at the first glance, like that rare early arm rest..that should fetch some dollars for the collectors.
Anyway...interesting project with some interesting bits on it.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:45 AM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The company that made the fiberglass bits is still in business, so you can check out the new prices for each piece and judge accordingly. AIR Carrera GT parts.

The Fuchs look to be in fair shape, you can probably expect at least 6 or 7 hundred out of those.

You've got a few big ticket items in there that are fairly easy to strip off quickly. If you can get the price low enough, you could turn a fair profit on parting it without having to deal with selling the whole thing a nut and bolt at a time.

I've parted a 944 before, there are a lot of little parts that people don't need all the time, so you end up sitting on a bin full of little stuff that never moves. If I were going to do it again, I'd sell the big items quickly, allow the vultures a week or to two pick the bones, and have a scrapper haul off the rest.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:43 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is off craigslist and the seller hasn't responded to my emails since my last discussion with him.

I offended him with my offer is my guess.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fiily
The car is off craigslist and the seller hasn't responded to my emails since my last discussion with him.

I offended him with my offer is my guess.
Well, you have to admit it's a rare car. Not rare enough in my opinion, but definitely rare.

I think someone should kill it before it has puppies myself.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 AM
fiily
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone from Vermont picked it up. I haven't seen any pics or posts concerning the car on other forums, so I have no idea what has happened with it since.

Part it and crush the rest is my thought.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Your better off without it. Really, what were you gonna get out of this. So you make a few hundred dollars and what did you have to do for that - a crap ton of dirty hard work, hours of dealing with shipping and posting pictures so you can then negotiate and then more shipping. And after all the work is done and you've made your few hundred bucks what are you left with - a hunk of junk sitting in your garage that you now have to get rid of. Good riddance I say.

Quick Reply: 924 Carrrera Turbo Widebody